Author Topic: 1973 MG B  (Read 157750 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: 1973 MG B
« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2012, 09:27:56 PM »
That looks really good Chris!

Personally, I don't like the rostyles with the silver on them, but it's not my car.  :-)

I'm very impressed that you did this without the masking kit you can buy.  Yours look very good.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #276 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:47 PM »
You don't like the rostyle wheels?  I like them better than the mini-lites.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #277 on: September 01, 2012, 10:33:31 PM »
I like them if they're painted all black, and accented with a trim ring.  I think they're too busy any other way.  I'm not a fan of a busy wheel.

That being said, my favorite wheel on a B is a wire one. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #278 on: September 01, 2012, 10:39:31 PM »
That's what was on the car when I got it... all black wheels with an early chrome trim ring.  I like the plain rostyle as long as it's done right.  I may leave the trim ring off the wheels for a while and see how I like it. 

I never cared for the wire wheels.  Too much maintenance for a wheel that ends up looking like a cheap wheel cover.

I've been meaning to pull the fuel bowl and make sure it's not full of gunk.  It's still not running entirely right.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #279 on: September 01, 2012, 11:22:32 PM »
That's what was on the car when I got it... all black wheels with an early chrome trim ring.  I like the plain rostyle as long as it's done right.  I may leave the trim ring off the wheels for a while and see how I like it.  

I never cared for the wire wheels.  Too much maintenance for a wheel that ends up looking like a cheap wheel cover.

I've been meaning to pull the fuel bowl and make sure it's not full of gunk.  It's still not running entirely right.

You have two fuel bowls, you know, right?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #280 on: September 01, 2012, 11:36:15 PM »
Yes. :ashamed:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #281 on: September 01, 2012, 11:49:59 PM »
Leepu is a retard. 

[youtube=425,350]nUrRH3MpDvI[/youtube]

This show is so ghetto.  He makes the same car every time... big ass and wide hips.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2012, 04:08:33 AM »
Leepu is a retard. 

[youtube=425,350]nUrRH3MpDvI[/youtube]

This show is so ghetto.  He makes the same car every time... big ass and wide hips.

needs bigger wheels.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #283 on: September 02, 2012, 02:24:54 PM »
^Oilers fans.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #284 on: September 03, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »
 :rant: Sixteen pounds for the wheel mask from Moss Europe and that doesn't cover shipping.

Think I'll stick with my masking tape and razor blade.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #285 on: September 03, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »
:rant: Sixteen pounds for the wheel mask from Moss Europe and that doesn't cover shipping.

Think I'll stick with my masking tape and razor blade.

I was wondering how long it would take you to look that up, and see the price.   :rotf:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #286 on: September 04, 2012, 09:37:59 AM »
Today's airing of greivances :panic:

The plastic handle came off my window crank.  I have no clue how I'm going to put it back on since the end of the post is flared larger than the hole it's supposed to go in.

Both adjuster screws came off one of the carburettors.

My tachometer only wants to work when it's wet outside.  Maybe it's homesick.

:rotf:

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #287 on: September 04, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »
Today's airing of greivances :panic:

The plastic handle came off my window crank.  I have no clue how I'm going to put it back on since the end of the post is flared larger than the hole it's supposed to go in.

Both adjuster screws came off one of the carburettors.

My tachometer only wants to work when it's wet outside.  Maybe it's homesick.

:rotf:

Is it Festivus again ? Festivus, is for the rest of us.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #288 on: September 04, 2012, 04:54:02 PM »
is your window crank shaped like this? 

I'd say your tach problem is a ground issue.  It's probably grounding only when the humidity is high. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #289 on: September 04, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »
It's similar, but the handle is stainless steel.  The plastic knob at the top is what came off.  The guy at Auto Zone fixed it for me with a rusty screwdriver and a big hammer. :lmao:

Still on the lookout for the idle adjust screws.  I lost another one. :(

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #290 on: September 04, 2012, 07:27:22 PM »
It's similar, but the handle is stainless steel.  The plastic knob at the top is what came off.  The guy at Auto Zone fixed it for me with a rusty screwdriver and a big hammer. :lmao:

Still on the lookout for the idle adjust screws.  I lost another one. :(

Are you talking about the screws that have that super fine thread pitch on them, with a spring underneath?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #291 on: September 04, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »
Yes, but mine did not have the spring, just a locknut.

I found replacements (part 43), but I wasn't able to find anything that matched at the hardware or auto parts store.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #292 on: September 04, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
Wow, I did not realize those were that pricey.  I'd put a dab of Loctite on those when you get the new ones. 

I would be surprised if you found a match at the local hardware store. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #293 on: September 05, 2012, 12:23:43 PM »
Dammit.  My car crapped out on me.

I was driving down the highway doing about 65 when my car lost power and sputtered to a stop.  I had to take the cap off the distributor and re-seat it before the car would run again.  Looks like I should probably order a spare just in case.  Seems to be running okay now.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #294 on: September 05, 2012, 01:18:10 PM »
Dammit.  My car crapped out on me.

I was driving down the highway doing about 65 when my car lost power and sputtered to a stop.  I had to take the cap off the distributor and re-seat it before the car would run again.  Looks like I should probably order a spare just in case.  Seems to be running okay now.

A spare distributor cap, or a spare car?
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

« Reply #295 on: September 05, 2012, 01:19:24 PM »
A spare distributor cap, or a spare car?
:whistling:

I had to order a new clutch tube for my Camry.  It had to be special-ordered, so I'm driving the MG whenever I can.

edit: spent $45 at Moss for a new distributor cap and rotor and new screws for both carburetors.  I'm considering upgrading my brake lights to LED since they're on the small side and not very visible.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:36:40 PM by Chris_ »

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #296 on: September 05, 2012, 01:31:03 PM »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #297 on: September 05, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »
:bawl:

That was mean.:rofl:

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #298 on: September 05, 2012, 01:36:34 PM »
:whistling:

I had to order a new clutch tube for my Camry.  It had to be special-ordered, so I'm driving the MG whenever I can.

One spare might not be enough.  BF has 6 vehicles.  Currently, he is driving his dad's car.   :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

« Reply #299 on: September 05, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »
That other guy, BattleHymn, has like four cars. 

I really want a third car.  I can't decide if I want a 1963 Ford Fairlane or maybe an air-cooled VW or Karmann Ghia.