Author Topic: Sparky checking in  (Read 20798 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Sparky checking in
« on: January 18, 2008, 11:15:34 AM »
Ah, so nice not to have any responsibilities any more...sort of.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Sparky checking in
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:43:16 AM »
Hi Sparky.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 12:43:59 PM »
Hi Sparky! Welcome.  Just kick back and relax without the weight of  responsibility. :-)

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 05:05:52 PM »
Sparky, sounds like you have a story to tell us.

Welcome.  :cheersmate:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »
Welcome aboard!!  :cheersmate:
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 05:39:19 PM »

Oh, where to begin?  Got caught up in the "Great RN Purge of '06", floated around for a while, tried my hand at my own website, but since I didn't own the domain name or the server space, when the gentleman who parked it went belly-up, so did my site.  Posted briefly on CU, a little here and there on FR, and a local Seacoast (NH) board filled with Ronulans who will probably never "get it".

And oh yeah--moved from Cali to NH in 2006.  Whee.  Actually not bad, although MUCH more snow this year so far than last year.  Remember it being 75 on New Year's Day 2007, kids?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 05:47:12 PM »

Oh, where to begin?  Got caught up in the "Great RN Purge of '06", floated around for a while, tried my hand at my own website, but since I didn't own the domain name or the server space, when the gentleman who parked it went belly-up, so did my site.  Posted briefly on CU, a little here and there on FR, and a local Seacoast (NH) board filled with Ronulans who will probably never "get it".

And oh yeah--moved from Cali to NH in 2006.  Whee.  Actually not bad, although MUCH more snow this year so far than last year.  Remember it being 75 on New Year's Day 2007, kids?

You know that site hasn't been the same since we got the axe (still to this day have no idea why).

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 05:47:42 PM »

RN is one of the few sites I have not posted at. I'm sorry to hear about your board, but, I'm glad that you landed here.  :cheersmate:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 06:12:41 PM »
You know that site hasn't been the same since we got the axe (still to this day have no idea why).

Why did we get the axe?  I'll tell ya why--cause Lisa is a tool for starters, and probably masturbates to pictures of Ron Paul and Defender showing pics of himself with his genetalia tucked between his legs ala Silence of the Lambs like he used to in TBR.

I wouldn't kiss her ass, and that's why I got banned.  She banned everyone else cause she's a power-hungry fool who couldn't stand the thought of others "leaving" her for somewhere else.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 06:14:11 PM »

Why did we get the axe?  I'll tell ya why--cause Lisa is a tool for starters, and probably masturbates to pictures of Ron Paul and Defender showing pics of himself with his genetalia tucked between his legs ala Silence of the Lambs like he used to in TBR.

I wouldn't kiss her ass, and that's why I got banned.  She banned everyone else cause she's a power-hungry fool who couldn't stand the thought of others "leaving" her for somewhere else.

:popcorn:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 06:19:44 PM »
Yeah, pretty much.  I still call a few of the folks from there.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 07:57:26 PM »

How long ya' think 'til she's gonna be lurking around here?

HI LISA!   :loser:

:lmao:

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 08:07:20 PM »
I hope to God that freak (Lisa) doesn't show up here.  I got banned from RN  in January of 2005, because I criticized a mod in a PM to a friend. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 10:43:15 PM »
Howdy stranger. I know you from RN and CU. It's a shell of its former self. Lisa, the RN owner, is like Lori Drew, feels that she and mods are being insulted and has to go after them in every way possible.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 11:29:06 PM »
I hear ya.  When I ran my site, I tried not to take things people said to/about me personally.  You'd think some folks would just learn to RELAX, but NOOOOOOOOOOO...

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 12:34:08 AM »

Or couldn't stand the thought that someone, somewhere doesn't like her.

Hey Sparky. . .again.

*TKay*

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 01:00:22 AM »
Man, sparky is here.

Formerlurker is here.

Tkayoh/kharis/leaf/ is here

Acrazyconservative.

This is like a RN reunion.

We got great ex-posters from RN and from CU.

Rock on yall!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 01:19:49 AM »

That about tells it all right there. I left RN after getting tired of having to deal with that asshat Aussie  that wouldn't shut up even after two polls asking for him to be banned. After all this time I went back two weeks ago and found out the accout was still active so I self deleted it,beat that witch to the punch.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:41 AM »
See, that's what busts my balls the most.  There were some really AWESOME posters there at one point--guys like BillW, MikeAustin, kirch66, MrNiceGuy, and others too numerous to mention.  Hell, I would like to think I made some pretty good friends there.

But I think the "jumped the shark" moment wasn't when Lisa bought the site--nah, she was pretty much on the sidelines UNTIL:

Katrina.

When certain nameless libertarian posters started whining and bitching about how little help was getting there (slightly hypocritical, wouldn't you say) blah, blah, blah, that's when the battle lines were drawn.  Couple that with the new "membership" rules (recurring memberships) and you see that it wasn't about political discussion or discourse, it was a way to make money for Lisa, plain and simple.  Well, that and get rid of the "old guard" in order to have a broader appeal, whatever the hell that meant.

So it was inevitable that I would leave or get tossed, one or the other.  I didn't want anyone to get thrown under the bus with me, but that's just the way it happened.

As for NCP, will it come back?  I doubt it.  I don't own the domain name, didn't own the server space (and wasn't paying jack shit for it anyway), and didn't have much traffic there to begin with after the first couple of months.

I'm here, I'm happy, and most importantly, I'm here to kick some liberal/libertarian ass.

Oh yeah--that and to have a few brews, chase some skirt, and teach ya'll I AM the best poker player in this here board.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 07:45:14 AM »

How long ya' think 'til she's gonna be lurking around here?

HI LISA!   :loser:

:lmao:

Her mods troll the boards and report back to her on what is being said about her.   Well mods and a few posters.  

I wish she would just sell  the place.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 07:46:28 AM »
Are you SERIOUS?  She's STILL up to that shit?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 07:49:28 AM »
See, that's what busts my balls the most.  There were some really AWESOME posters there at one point--guys like BillW, MikeAustin, kirch66, MrNiceGuy, and others too numerous to mention.  Hell, I would like to think I made some pretty good friends there.

But I think the "jumped the shark" moment wasn't when Lisa bought the site--nah, she was pretty much on the sidelines UNTIL:

Katrina.

When certain nameless libertarian posters started whining and bitching about how little help was getting there (slightly hypocritical, wouldn't you say) blah, blah, blah, that's when the battle lines were drawn.  Couple that with the new "membership" rules (recurring memberships) and you see that it wasn't about political discussion or discourse, it was a way to make money for Lisa, plain and simple.  Well, that and get rid of the "old guard" in order to have a broader appeal, whatever the hell that meant.

So it was inevitable that I would leave or get tossed, one or the other.  I didn't want anyone to get thrown under the bus with me, but that's just the way it happened.

As for NCP, will it come back?  I doubt it.  I don't own the domain name, didn't own the server space (and wasn't paying jack shit for it anyway), and didn't have much traffic there to begin with after the first couple of months.

I'm here, I'm happy, and most importantly, I'm here to kick some liberal/libertarian ass.

Oh yeah--that and to have a few brews, chase some skirt, and teach ya'll I AM the best poker player in this here board.

Tali did state that Red and Scoobie were very "disruptive" to the board.  Now hell, I can see them saying that about us (cause we aren't exactly wall flowers when it comes to debating), but Red?  Scoobie?   

:rotf:

Talk about stretch.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 07:51:35 AM »
Are you SERIOUS?  She's STILL up to that shit?

But of course.    She will mention this in passing and at random in some thread and then make reference how we should just move on. 

The irony of course being that she trolls to find the comments.... 

I miss a lot of the posters there, but debate with the best of them at FR so I get that out of my system, and exercise the hamster in my brain when I can.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »

Katrina.

Tali did state that Red and Scoobie were very "disruptive" to the board.  Now hell, I can see them saying that about us (cause we aren't exactly wall flowers when it comes to debating), but Red?  Scoobie?   

Talk about stretch.

Red and I were "disruptive"????  WTF???

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

She'd have to be falling down drunk and smoking some major crack to come up with that one. Disruptive my ass. 

But hey, I guess if you wanna call Red being deployed the whole month before his banishment (hence no posting), and me trying to stick up for friends she was flagrantly attacking/banning disruptive, sure, I guess I'm guilty as charged.  :bird:

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 06:22:29 PM »

Katrina.

Talk about stretch.

Red and I were "disruptive"????  WTF???

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

She'd have to be falling down drunk and smoking some major crack to come up with that one. Disruptive my ass. 

But hey, I guess if you wanna call Red being deployed the whole month before his banishment (hence no posting), and me trying to stick up for friends she was flagrantly attacking/banning disruptive, sure, I guess I'm guilty as charged.  :bird:

You're being very disruptive of this welcome thread.

:-)      :cheersmate:
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.