Current Events > The DUmpster

So the Dolt45 tax plan kicks in ...

<< < (2/6) > >>

franksolich:

--- Quote ---fescuerescue (1,208 posts)     Tue Mar 19, 2019, 01:00 AM

13. So it caps out at $750,000 for a home loan

That's going to put a real hurt on middle class millionaires.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---haele (9,322 posts)      Tue Mar 19, 2019, 03:33 PM

23. With a 30 - 40 year mortgage and a hefty down-payment (usually a small inheritance or family "loan")

Lots of two/three income wage earners in California with good credit have bought houses for around $700K - $800K in high CoL locations.

A minimum wage worker will not be able to afford that mortgage, but a teacher and a CVN/nurse, or a SysAdmin and a teacher, or an Engineering Tech and a small business HR rep can usually get enough income between them to be able to earn the $100K a year - $120K a year that a 30 year mortgage and a "cash loan" from retired boomer parents on both sides to make up the 20% downpayment can get them into a nice 1200 sq. ft. California Bungelow with a yard in San Mateo or some place like that.
--- End quote ---

USA4ME:
A $1M homeowner on Skin’s island complaining about paying too much in taxes and other primitives rushing in to have their back. What has happened to the old DU?

Texacon:
I’ve got news for them, the rule of thumb on a mortgage is 2-1/2 times your annual income. That means you’ve got to be in the $400k/year range to afford a $1MM mortgage and that is really stretching yourself thin. Most wont venture into this waters until you’re at 1-1/2 times annual income.

I’m guessing the OP is pretty close to a 1%’er.

KC

DumbAss Tanker:
Heheh, overextended Dems in deep Blue shitholes getting screwed...I'm a happy camper!

DLR Pyro:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version