Author Topic: Every frikkin day there's no frikkin meat in the stores.  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Every frikkin day there's no frikkin meat in the stores.
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 04:56:34 PM »
Thank you.  It took about eight weeks to be in good enough shape to walk again--and to feel motivated to taunt the primitives--and I'm walking pretty good right now.

Excellent news!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 05:16:23 PM »
Thank you.  It took about eight weeks to be in good enough shape to walk again--and to feel motivated to taunt the primitives--and I'm walking pretty good right now.

I told you it wasn't the last time. Weather is warming up. I've got the harley out. In a couple of weeks I'll be on the road riding that way.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 05:31:27 PM »

You should drop by Hide5 and say hello to ColdWarrior.  He's been a pinin' away fer ya...………….

:lmao:
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 06:29:36 PM »

Would you happen to know what the problem is, with BabyDU?  I'd prefer to drop by there.

I go there, and get:

Your connection is not private.
NET:ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 06:54:45 PM »
Would you happen to know what the problem is, with BabyDU?  I'd prefer to drop by there.

I go there, and get:

They haven't renewed their authenticity certificate is my guess.

mandaCMatthews (3,532 posts)

Did anyone else have a hard time being able
to sign on this morning? Both Google and Firefox didn’t want to load the site because it is “unsafe’.

Isidore (2,028 posts)

4. I just got a reply from Skinner regarding this.

He said there was an unforeseen problem with the certificate here so it's taking longer than expected. They are prioritizing implementing DU's certificate (which expires next week) and then will tackle it for this site.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Isidore (Reply #4)Wed Mar 25, 2020, 11:39 AM
Hades (10,398 posts)

6. Maybe while he is renewing the site, since his concentration will be on us...

...he could open up new members again.

https://www.discussionist.com/10152154343#post4

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 07:01:35 PM »

I go there, and get:

Apparently their Security Certificate has expired and needs to be renewed.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 08:11:46 PM »
They haven't renewed their authenticity certificate is my guess.

https://www.discussionist.com/10152154343#post4

It can be bypassed but every browser is different in how to do it.  :cheersmate:

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2020, 01:24:37 AM »
>sprinkleeninow (9,005 posts) Every frikkin day there's no frikkin meat in the stores.

Try trolling your meat in the Bar Scene where it can be seen and obscene.  If it's a clit, it will spit, or a header it will ejaculate...

Pick your poison and plant that Demon Seed rather than urinate in the frozen H2O. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2020, 11:13:05 AM »
So (gotta start :bouncy: s properly!), over several days' store runs to different stores, Lucky's meat area has a reduced amount, but far from none. Lucky has plenty of milk and produce, but no eggs. OTOH, the fam found eggs at a Target store just a mile farther away. Putting it together I think CA's shutdown has impacted suppliers and delivery people, resulting in very different stock situations at various stores.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2020, 11:21:05 AM »
So (gotta start :bouncy: s properly!), over several days' store runs to different stores, Lucky's meat area has a reduced amount, but far from none. Lucky has plenty of milk and produce, but no eggs. OTOH, the fam found eggs at a Target store just a mile farther away. Putting it together I think CA's shutdown has impacted suppliers and delivery people, resulting in very different stock situations at various stores.

The local Ralph's (Krogers for you back east people) has plenty of meat and seafood and milk.  Didn't check the eggs.  smart and Final is selling eggs by the case lot.  only thing out is paper towels, toilet paper, isopropyl alcohol and hand sanitizer.

The dollar store had several bottles of isopropryl alcohol but it was only 50% and you need at least 65% to be effective, but I'm sure some smart DUmmy will come up with the idea that if you combine 2 bottles of 50% you get 1 bottle of 100%...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 11:34:41 AM »
DH went out yesterday, and tried to buy skim milk. He was told that they aren't making skim or chocolate milk during the pandemic! Maybe it's just the dairy that supplies our local grocery. Has anyone else heard of this?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2020, 11:37:33 AM »
We went to a local discount grocery store last night and they had plenty of milk, eggs, bread and meat. Store brand milk for $.99/gal, 18 eggs for $1.49, bread $1.19. Damn price gougers and hoarders making it hard to survive.  :whistling:

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2020, 02:16:15 PM »
What first caught my attention about this thread, after thinking that vegans would have a fit seeing the pictures of packaged red meat, was the expensive cuts DUmmies wanted.  Definitely not the ground chuck  or stew beef crowd.  Prime cuts baby, prime cuts. 

I suspect most don't have a meat mallet in the kitchen (and that may not be a bad thing from a spousal abuse standpoint).    :popcorn:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2020, 02:45:23 PM »
DH went out yesterday, and tried to buy skim milk. He was told that they aren't making skim or chocolate milk during the pandemic! Maybe it's just the dairy that supplies our local grocery. Has anyone else heard of this?

That explains why I couldn't find skim milk.  Had to settle for 1%.

Got a nice big beef round roast.  Had half for dinner the other night and am making jerky with the other half.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2020, 03:20:15 PM »

Got a nice big beef round roast.  Had half for dinner the other night and am making jerky with the other half.

Now that I think about it, last week there was skim, 1%, 2% and whole milk at the little store we went to. Friday, there was only 2% filling the milk shelves.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2020, 03:28:09 PM »
The store we went to had T-Bones almost 2 inches thick for $4.99/lb. Plenty of other beef cuts, chicken and pork. They were limiting milk, bread and eggs, though.

That is what I have seen as well.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2020, 03:29:11 PM »

Sadly, the last time I tried to roast a big beef round roast I ended up making jerky out of the whole thing ;)
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2020, 03:43:02 PM »
Now that I think about it, last week there was skim, 1%, 2% and whole milk at the little store we went to. Friday, there was only 2% filling the milk shelves.

Interesting, my local store also had only 2% yesterday as well. 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2020, 04:35:53 PM »
My kid walked out to the coop this morning and came back with a dozen eggs. Darndest thing.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Online Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2020, 06:13:13 PM »

Almond milk.  It’s not that bad after you get used to it and when used it most recipes I can’t tell the difference.  Unsweetened of course. There seems to be plenty in our stores here in eastern NC.  It’s almost like anything good for you is abundant, bad quick processed foods cleaned out.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2020, 07:46:58 PM »
Almond milk.  It’s not that bad after you get used to it and when used it most recipes I can’t tell the difference.  Unsweetened of course. There seems to be plenty in our stores here in eastern NC.  It’s almost like anything good for you is abundant, bad quick processed foods cleaned out.
Same thing happened when the food stamp system went down and a walmart thought it was a good idea to use the honor system. Everything cleaned out....except for produce

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2020, 09:31:10 PM »
plenty on the shelves of the local markets here....except toilet paper, I haven't quite figured that out.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2020, 05:18:43 PM »
My wife went out today and got two gallons of milk and a bunch of frozen vegetables.  She was looking for a turkey breast, but none were to be found.  She doesn’t want to go out any more this week—she’s gone full-pandemic on me—but there’s a butcher shop three miles away that probably has turkey breasts.  Thing is, I’ve had four bronchial incidents in the last seventeen months, so I am “elevated risk,” if not “high risk.”  So, my wife has put me on lockdown.  Probably not a bad idea.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2020, 10:57:08 AM »
Walmart uses some sort of automated reordering algorithm to keep up with demand. They were busting at the seams in the back of the store 2 weeks ago. They must be forecasting a return to normal demand since they've scaled back orders for this week and the next to let what they have run out.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2020, 12:43:39 PM »
I suspect these are DU'ers;

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne