Author Topic: "I Don't Give A Damn About States Rights" RTKBA  (Read 2427 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
"I Don't Give A Damn About States Rights" RTKBA
« on: August 24, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
MadHound (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-18-09 06:38 AM
linkiezOriginal message
So, we're willing to spill more blood on the Altar of the Sacred Second Amendment.
 Edited on Tue Aug-18-09 06:39 AM by MadHound
Question, which countries in the world allow a person with a gun within shooting range, even long shooting range, of their leader?

Only the US.

Apparently we're willing to risk spilling innocent blood so that a few cranks can exercise their Constitutional right to carry a gun in the presence of the president. Sorry, but this is stupidity. Not just because you're risking the life of the President, but more likely, you're risking the lives of innocent bystanders. Sooner or later one of these idiots with a gun is going to fire it, and once again we'll water the Altar of the Second Amendment with the blood of innocents.

I don't give a damn about states' rights,etc. There should be no legal reason for people to carry a gun in the presence of the President, there's simply too much potential for violence and insanity.

And we have a winner! The DUmpmonkie says exactly what they think, even if they didn't know it! Total control of the people is what they want. Nothing less.

gorfle  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-18-09 10:34 AM
Response to Reply #10
24. You want a civil war?
Yeah, I think the time is coming soon when we have to put an end to the sacred 2nd.

Just try it. All the people currently satisfied to just carry them around as a show of force will turn to real force.

It is insane to believe that owning a gun will somehow prevent government tyranny.

Tell that to the Vietnamese, the Afghans, the Mogadishus, and the Iraqis.

:cheersmate:

billh58  (226 posts)        Tue Aug-18-09 03:44 PM
Response to Reply #55
56. LOL!
 Edited on Tue Aug-18-09 03:50 PM by billh58
Shouldn't "waving a gun in someone" be called illegal entry?...

To me, and to the majority of sensible people in this country, simply standing next to me and my family at a public event wearing a loaded weapon is a senseless "in your face" statement, and the equivalent of "waving it in my face."

And yes, I know all of the "technical" terms for what, and what is not, legal. Gun nuts are using the 2nd Amendment, and their "rights" to be confrontational -- period. That, in and of itself, already shows poor judgment, so why should I believe that they would show better judgment in the use of their shiny guns?

You, and the NRA die-hards who support this insane display of deadly force, are doing absolutely nothing to further your fringe group cause for open carry. Those places where it is "legal" may be forced to reconsider if you manage to intimidate and piss off enough mainstream Americans.

Why can you not take yes for an answer, and drop the pretense that you are part of anything even resembling a "well-regulated" militia," or contributing the "security of a free State?"

So, even in obeying the law, we offend the DUmpmonkiez and should be arrested.

Contrary1  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-18-09 01:23 PM
Response to Original message
46. Set up a "right to carry arms" zone...
 much like the "free speech" zones Bush used to corral the protesters. One Constitutional right is just as important as the other.
Why not handle it in the same way?

Um...it was Bill Clinton and the DNC who set up free speach zones.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: "I Don't Give A Damn About States Rights" RTKBA
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:08:29 PM »
Hey, DUmmie!

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:13:25 PM »
WTF is are "Mogadishus"?

Also, the 2nd Amendment has not a damn thing to do with "State's Rights", you goofy sumbitch.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 12:21:36 PM »
WTF is are "Mogadishus"?

Also, the 2nd Amendment has not a damn thing to do with "State's Rights", you goofy sumbitch.
Somalis

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 12:23:28 PM »
Question, which countries in the world allow a person with a gun within shooting range, even long shooting range, of their leader?

Only the US.

On what basis does he conclude that only the U.S. allows that?  Or, as is usual for the DUmp, did he pull the answer out of his ass?

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 12:53:51 PM »
WTF is are "Mogadishus"?

I'm assuming Mogadishus are what uneducated DUmmies call Somalis   ::)

The 2nd Amendment is actually one of the few rights in the bill of rights that need not be upheld by the states.  The states are not allow to infringe on a number of the other rights, but thus far, the supreme court has not yet decided that states must abide by the 2nd amendment.  
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:58:56 PM by Celtic Rose »

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 01:13:29 PM »
Somalis

I know what Somalis are. Just wondering what the hell the DUmbass is talking about.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 01:16:35 PM »
I know what Somalis are. Just wondering what the hell the DUmbass is talking about.
Oh, heh.

Maybe Mogadishus live in one of those extra 7 states.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 01:43:26 PM »
I'm assuming Mogadishus are what uneducated DUmmies call Somalis   ::)

The 2nd Amendment is actually one of the few rights in the bill of rights that need not be upheld by the states.  The states are not allow to infringe on a number of the other rights, but thus far, the supreme court has not yet decided that states must abide by the 2nd amendment.  

Kind of strange that the Federal courts have ruled that the "separation of church and state" applies to state and local governments, but have not applied the RTKBA to other government entities yet.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 05:38:10 PM »
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 05:40:45 PM »
Another Government educated asshat that wants rights for them but not for thee.Try and make a grab for the guns we rightfully own. We probably need to have another go at a war between the states.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »
I don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 06:58:52 PM by Tucker13 »
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »
Another Government educated asshat that wants rights for them but not for thee.Try and make a grab for the guns we rightfully own. We probably need to have another go at a war between the states.
A bunch of us still prefer the term "War of Northern Aggresion".  :beathorse:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 09:27:40 PM »

:rotf:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 11:32:44 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 11:37:19 PM »

I'm confused...  what does Michigan have to do with this?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 01:38:18 AM »
When President William McKinley was shot, VP Teddy Roosevelt was here on my island giving a speech to the Vermont Fish and Game League. The VP was quickly whisked off the island, under the protection of a posse of heavily armed locals, and rode to Buffalo, where he was sworn in as President by a Justice of the Peace that they scrounged up.

Teddy didn't seem to have a problem with Americans with guns around him. In fact, I think he was quite grateful.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 02:34:38 AM »
Teddy didn't seem to have a problem with Americans with guns around him. In fact, I think he was quite grateful.

Teddy, would have made it a law for every American to have a gun if he could have! If not for the Big Ted, many national forests would never have existed!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 08:20:36 AM »
I'm confused...  what does Michigan have to do with this?

His screen name translated is Go Ohio State. Think Bo against Woody. U of M against OSU. Oh how I hate Ohio State. :-)
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 10:23:11 AM »
I would love to ask this dipwad: if you don't give a damn about my expressly written right to defend myself and my community why should I give a ptarmigan's rear end about your ephemeral right to food, housing, education, healthcare etc?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »
I would love to ask this dipwad: if you don't give a damn about my expressly written right to defend myself and my community why should I give a ptarmigan's rear end about your ephemeral right to food, housing, education, healthcare etc, on my nickel?

Fixed :II:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »
I've been on here only a few days, and I've wondered why this forum takes snippets from the democratic underground's forum and brings them here and why those who do don't just go there instead. 

I've realized they don't believe in free speech and block members of dissenting political views (am I right?). 

Sh1t like that post from MadDog NEEDS to be debated.  To have opinions like that floated to nothing but nodding heads and yes-men ... dangerous, man.

How can they expect to be taken seriously when they condone and practice censorship of free speech? 

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 11:41:54 AM »
I've been on here only a few days, and I've wondered why this forum takes snippets from the democratic underground's forum and brings them here and why those who do don't just go there instead. 

I've realized they don't believe in free speech and block members of dissenting political views (am I right?). 

Sh1t like that post from MadDog NEEDS to be debated.  To have opinions like that floated to nothing but nodding heads and yes-men ... dangerous, man.

How can they expect to be taken seriously when they condone and practice censorship of free speech? 

You would be banned so fast for posting a dissenting view, you'd start to believe in Warp drive.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 11:42:11 AM »

That's why.

How long do you imagine franksolich, a centrist, for God's sake (see the "political compass test" in the DUmping Ground for reference), would last on Skins's island?
apres moi, le deluge