Author Topic: Senior administration official blasts Trump in anonymous NYT op-ed  (Read 1818 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Senior administration official blasts Trump in anonymous NYT op-ed
« on: September 05, 2018, 09:06:43 PM »
Senior administration official blasts Trump in anonymous NYT op-ed
By Avery Anapol - 09/05/18 03:53 PM EDT

A person identified as a senior administration official blasted President Trump in an anonymous op-ed published by The New York Times on Wednesday, saying they were working to “thwart” President Trump’s “worst inclinations.”

In the piece, titled, “I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration,” the author says that while officials “want the administration to succeed,” they have had to work against Trump’s “misguided impulses” and parts of his agenda.

"To be clear, ours is not the popular 'resistance' of the left," the piece reads. "We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous."

“But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic,” the unidentified official wrote.

The Times said in a note attached to the op-ed that the author, described as "a senior official in the Trump administration," requested their essay be published anonymously.

The newspaper explained its extraordinary decision to publish a column without providing the name of the author, stating, "We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers."

The newspaper said the person's identity was known to the Times and their "job would be jeopardized" by their name being disclosed.

In the piece, the official denounces Trump’s “amorality” and describes his impulses as “generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.”

"The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making," they wrote.

The piece describes a number of instances that the author describes as part of a “two-track presidency,” saying when Trump expresses a desire to take a particular action, aides and officials around him work to do another.

The official briefly praises the administration, but suggests that its successes are not because of the president.

“There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more,” the piece reads. “But these successes have come despite — not because of — the president’s leadership style, which is impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.”

Trump has long attacked some of the institutions in his own administration for alleged political bias, and speculated that there are people within the government working to undermine him. But the author of the Times piece pushed back on the suggestion that there is a so-called deep state.

"This isn’t the work of the so-called deep state," the person continued. "It’s the work of the steady state."

The official also said that Trump’s Cabinet originally speculated about invoking the 25th Amendment to deem Trump unsuited for office and remove him, but that they did not want to “precipitate a constitutional crisis.”

“It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room,” the official wrote. “We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what’s right even when Donald Trump won’t.”

Updated: 4:17 p.m.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: Senior administration official blasts Trump in anonymous NYT op-ed
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:07:19 PM »
If this is legit...it's borderline treason.  This person needs to be fired quickly and publicly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 09:26:49 PM »
Not even sure that such a person exists.  It sounds like a narrative the left believes.  Cloaked in an "anonymous" title.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
Not even sure that such a person exists.  It sounds like a narrative the left believes.  Cloaked in an "anonymous" title.

I agree.  It's almost like an Op-Ed that was talked straight from Woodward's book.

There was someone on another forum that did a word search and the word "lodestar" that was used in the article traces back to a speech from the VP.

IMHO that could be a set up to throw off people looking for the writer...or maybe one of the Veeps speech writers penned the Op-Ed.

If it's legit that is.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 10:42:49 PM »
fake news
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 11:15:21 PM »
Quote from:
This isn’t the work of the so-called deep state, it’s the work of the steady state.

IF this is actually real, the person(s) who view themselves in this fashion are delusional. This is someone or a group of someones who view themselves as being more important than the US Constitution. Could be any number of liberals or establishment Republicans trying to pull this crap. Referring to themselves as the "adults in the room" and as "conservatives" (i.e. the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives) is disgusting. Whoever they are, they are not conservatives.

What I find most interesting is that these same people who hate Trump believe that forcing him out might cause some temporary problems and unrest with certain citizens, but in time it will go away. They actually believe they'll be able to have things "go back to normal" (whatever that is to them). They think this is about Trump, and it's not even close to being about him. This level of mistrust in elected officials and their unwillingness to uphold the desires of real Americans has been simmering since Bill Clinton and his shenanigans. I am very confident they don't understand just how much damage they'll have done to any hope of restoring trust in order to be able to govern. It's going to be very difficult to press forward when a whole bunch of citizens will have decided that it's just not worth the trouble anymore and they'd just as soon watch it burn, not to mention the many who will figure it out in time and join them.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:17:44 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 03:06:12 AM »
I want this person found, brought onto a public stage by the President, SHAMED by the President, FIRED RIGHT THERE by the President, and hustled off the stage by the Secret Service and left on the sidewalk when the President leaves.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 05:51:12 AM »
Yawn. More crap cooked up by the NY Slimes.  :whatever:

Don't they ever get tired of this?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 06:02:33 AM »
I'm like most of you.  I believe this was written by someone of a DU type persuasion, because even though there seems to be some praise in the letter, it is immediately taken away by saying it's not because of Trump.

Let me ask the writer; do you honestly believe that without Trump we would have a congress that is actually REVERSING regulations?  Removing regulations to get newer, updated ones put into place?  Nope, it would never have happened.  Without Trump do you think we would have actual tax cuts?  Nope, it would never have happened.

Naw, this thing is bullshit from the get go.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 08:06:59 AM »
Yawn. More crap cooked up by the NY Slimes.  :whatever:

Don't they ever get tired of this?

When have you ever known the Liberals to give up or get tired?

They just double down and get dirtier in their tactics every single time.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 08:25:22 AM »

It hits all of the lib/NeverTrump talking points, that's for sure.  Sounds more like fan fiction than any kind of scoop.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 09:39:18 AM »
I've been following politics since the 80's and I've never seen a president, or their administration, treated this poorly, or with such hostility.

If these assholes would get out of the way and let the man do what we hired him to do, it would all be over and THEN they could cry.  They need to treat it like a bandaid.  Just let us get it done quickly.  I sincerely hope we get a larger majority in congress and the senate in November.  One that will help us get what we want.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 09:42:16 AM »
I've been following politics since the 80's and I've never seen a president, or their administration, treated this poorly, or with such hostility.

If these assholes would get out of the way and let the man do what we hired him to do, it would all be over and THEN they could cry.  They need to treat it like a bandaid.  Just let us get it done quickly.  I sincerely hope we get a larger majority in congress and the senate in November.  One that will help us get what we want.

KC

People have short memories...Reagan had it worse.

Remember when the theory was floated and reported on in the MSM that because Reagan's first middle and last names each contained 6 letters he was the second coming of the Devil himself?

It wasn't just Sam Donaldson shouting questions that "Raygun Ronnie" had to go through.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2018, 10:37:39 AM »
If this so called "patriot" wants to do what's best for the country. He/she needs to do the heavy lifting and run for the top job as a candidate in 2020.  Subverting the Constitution and the will of the people is treason and should not be tolerated lest we turn into a banana republic.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 10:45:08 AM »
Speaking on a hypothetical level, I've read that over 1200 executive branch positions require Senate approval. Since the Ds have slow-walked pretty much every Trump appointment, many have probably not yet been voted on, and those positions are either vacant or are Obama Administration holdovers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 10:56:07 AM »
Personally I wouldn't put it past NYT for it to be a 'Notional' official (Or 'Composite' in terms of Obozo's fake autobiography), but if it's a real person I would tend to suspect a very senior civil service permanent official, rather than an appointee, in State, DOJ, Energy, Interior, HHS, or EPA (Unlikely on the last two because nobody in either of those would give a second's thought about the idea Trump had done anything good for the military, a topic on which they are oblivious if not actually hostile).
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 10:56:34 AM »
I'd say it's a good bet that he's a holdover. A big giveaway is when he says "his party might lose...", implying that his party and Trumps party are not one in the same.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 11:03:12 AM »
Personally I wouldn't put it past NYT for it to be a 'Notional' official (Or 'Composite' in terms of Obozo's fake autobiography), but if it's a real person I would tend to suspect a very senior civil service permanent official, rather than an appointee, in State, DOJ, Energy, Interior, HHS, or EPA (Unlikely on the last two because nobody in either of those would give a second's thought about the idea Trump had done anything good for the military, a topic on which they are oblivious if not actually hostile).

I think it was Ben Shapiro yesterday that said there are a lot more people that think they are a "senior official" in the White House than what there really is.

So whether this person really is a "senior official" is subjective.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 02:06:54 PM »
I think it was Ben Shapiro yesterday that said there are a lot more people that think they are a "senior official" in the White House than what there really is.

A 60-something mailroom assistant supervisor would be a "senior official", too. :rimshot:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »

Exactly, that's why I look at high-level career bureaucrats as very likely suspects.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.