Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Scoobie

American Idol
« on: February 21, 2008, 11:22:03 AM »

Anyone else watch it? (Yes, I admit I'm an AI watcher....sue me.)

They said this year should be one of the best, but the chicks last night tanked, save one or two. Very disappointing. Looks to be a man's year so far.

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
Re: American Idol
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:25:15 AM »
I was dissapointed in last night's performances... the women came out flat for the most part, with 2 or 3 exceptions.  The men weren't any better tuesday night, either.  I think the '60's theme may be partially to blame.  Next week they all better come out swinging a lot harder.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:26:41 AM »
Is that show back on again?   :mental:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 12:05:12 PM »

Sadly, yes. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »

Sadly, yes. 

awww, c'mon...how can y'all not appreciate the musical genius of contestants like this.....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmtKeXRisbY&feature=related[/youtube]

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 12:18:55 PM »

Sadly, yes. 

awww, c'mon...how can y'all not appreciate the musical genius of contestants like this.....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmtKeXRisbY&feature=related[/youtube]

Well, with most of the previous winners and runners-up already losing their record deals, I just can't see this show going on anymore.    I predict the last season's winner, Jordin Sparks (as much as I LOVE her music), will be kicked to the curb within a year.  Her album is the worst selling one so far.   :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 12:23:15 PM »

Sadly, yes. 

That's the ONLY reason to watch. But that fun is up in the first week.

I do think it's funny that these people actually THINK they can sing. Like this guy...

[youtube=425,350]gQv4hJjpC3I[/youtube]

I've heard drunks in karaoke bars do a better job of that song after 4 or 5 shots of Tequila. Maybe that;s what ol' dude needed.  :lmao:

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin