Author Topic: The United States are in need of a foreign relations reset  (Read 921 times)

Offline Delmar

The United States are in need of a foreign relations reset
« on: September 05, 2016, 07:06:47 PM »
Barry is detested and disrespected all around the world. 

He is dragging down the reputation of the United States along with him.

January can't come soon enough.  Then we can start making America great again.

Mon Sep 5, 2016, 05:42 PM
Star Member DonViejo (19,011 posts)

Obama cancels meeting with ‘colorful’ Philippine president

Source: The Washington Post

HANGZHOU, China — After being called an obscenity by the president of the Philippines, President Obama canceled a meeting with the leader, Rodrigo Duterte, scheduled for Tuesday.

Duterte had threatened to curse out the U.S. commander in chief if Obama raised the issue of extrajudicial killings by Philippine authorities in a sweeping crackdown on drug trafficking. Speaking to reporters, Duterte, who took office in June, said the Philippines is a "sovereign state and we have long ceased to be a colony," according to the Associated Press.

He added that: "I do not have any master except the Filipino people, nobody but nobody. You must be respectful. Do not just throw questions. 'Putang ina' I will swear at you in that forum." That is the Tagalog phrase for "son of a bitch" or "son of a whore.”

Asked to respond during a news conference after the Group of 20 Summit in China, Obama said earlier Monday that he had been told of Duterte's comments, but the U.S. president shrugged it off as another in a line of "colorful statements" from Duterte.

-snip-

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/05/philippine-president-threatens-to-curse-out-obama-obama-calls-him-a-colorful-guy/?wpisrc=nl_evening&wpmm=1
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141565844

Barry got insulted so he cancelled a meeting with Philippine President Rodrigo Duetrte.  Diplomacy Obama style.  The world doesn't revolve around you, Barry.

Response to DonViejo (Original post)Mon Sep 5, 2016, 05:48 PM
Star Member Siwsan (4,674 posts)
2. Apparently, diplomacy is not Duterte's strong suit.

Or tact, for that matter. So he would be VERY interesting to watch in a meeting with Trump.

Diplomacy is not Obama's strong suit either.  Here's what he's supposed to be doing:
Mission Statement
Create a more secure, democratic, and prosperous world for the benefit of the American people and the international community.
http://www.state.gov/s/d/rm/rls/dosstrat/2004/23503.htm
Barry chooses to go on a personal grudge match instead of representing the United States.

Response to DonViejo (Original post)Mon Sep 5, 2016, 06:17 PM
Star Member geek tragedy (64,038 posts)
4. Time to let the Chinese have their way with the Philippines nt
That's some smart reset button diplomacy there.

Response to DonViejo (Original post)Mon Sep 5, 2016, 07:24 PM
tcbrola (9 posts)
5. Duterte

Duterte will regret those words when the Chinese come a knocking at Second Thomas Reef and Scarborough Shoal...

It's going to take a generation to repair the damage Barry has done.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Re: The United States are in need of a foreign relations reset
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 08:14:20 PM »
This is the reason the bamster won him a Nobel Peace Prize.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 08:27:30 PM »
Response to DonViejo (Original post)Mon Sep 5, 2016, 07:24 PM
tcbrola (9 posts)
5. Duterte
Duterte will regret those words when the Chinese come a knocking at Second Thomas Reef and Scarborough Shoal...

Why, (D)Ullard?  Explain.....  like you could.

It's going to take a generation to repair the damage Barry has done.

At a minimum.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 09:27:06 PM »
Response to DonViejo (Original post)Mon Sep 5, 2016, 06:17 PM
Star Member geek tragedy (64,038 posts)
4. Time to let the Chinese have their way with the Philippines nt

Not much aware of geography, that one! That would let China all but strangle Japan and Korea. And leave Taiwan 1/2 surrounded. OTOH, I guess DU-folk would have no problem with 10s of millions more people enslaved by what one ConservaTalk host used to call Communism with a Happy Face.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 07:45:57 AM »
Mon Sep 5, 2016, 05:42 PM
Star Member DonViejo (19,011 posts)

Obama cancels meeting with ‘colorful’ Philippine president

Source: The Washington Post

HANGZHOU, China — After being called an obscenity by the president of the Philippines, President Obama canceled a meeting with the leader, Rodrigo Duterte, scheduled for Tuesday.

Duterte had threatened to curse out the U.S. commander in chief if Obama raised the issue of extrajudicial killings by Philippine authorities in a sweeping crackdown on drug trafficking. Speaking to reporters, Duterte, who took office in June, said the Philippines is a "sovereign state and we have long ceased to be a colony," according to the Associated Press.

He added that: "I do not have any master except the Filipino people, nobody but nobody. You must be respectful. Do not just throw questions. 'Putang ina' I will swear at you in that forum." That is the Tagalog phrase for "son of a bitch" or "son of a whore.”
Anak sa labas would have been more accurate.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 05:47:08 PM »
Gosh I am old enough to remember how cool it was when some araaaab threw a shoe at GWB.

Obama is a child that every second rate, and some third rate, countries know they can piss on.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 07:14:38 PM »
Gosh I am old enough to remember how cool it was when some araaaab threw a shoe at GWB.

Obama is a child that every second rate, and some third rate, countries know they can piss on.

Of course -- but you know how the DUmmy playbook goes.

International disrespect for Bush = Awesome.
International disrespect for Obama =Offensive.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 07:29:43 PM »
The President of the Philippines sounds like he's somewhere between a lunatic and a loose cannon, but I linked his line about reminding BHO that the Philippines are not a colony anymore. Progs talk about how horrible colonialism was, but act like jack-booted, pith-helmeted colonialists when it comes to imposing Enviro and Animal Rights folks' agenda on those third-world countries.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.