Author Topic: Masks are the new AIDS ribbon  (Read 789 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Masks are the new AIDS ribbon
« on: May 28, 2021, 07:04:13 PM »
Virtue signaling rather than actually doing something.

Discuss...
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Masks are the new AIDS ribbon
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 07:08:05 PM »

Discuss...

You knew you were settling me up for this...
https://youtu.be/3iV8X8ubGCc
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 07:12:20 PM »
You knew you were settling me up for this...
https://youtu.be/3iV8X8ubGCc

Lobbed a softball in that direction!  Is there anything that Seinfeld or The Simpsons didn't predict or give a parallel to the world?  I think not.

Kind of heard that allusion last summer or fall on the wonderful overnight Red Eye Radio show podcast and sort of thought this whole mask wokeness was all an illusion to make one feel better about their gullible selves.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 08:27:52 PM »
Without looking at the link, I knew more than a year ago when masks became "vogue" that it was all bullshit. Or, more to the point, virtue signaling.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 03:45:05 PM »
Too many companies have invested money in masks and face shields. Democrats will not give up power willingly. This crap or something similar will come around every year or so from now on.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 04:04:06 PM »

Discuss...

I wore a mask mostly just so I could go about my business and to make my wife happy.

Went to Walmart and read the "no need for a mask is Vaccinated" sign and whipped mine off.  Who would have thought shopping withOUT a mask was so liberating.

Just got back from Mexico.  They are mask (and spray all over and sanitize every 3 feet) NUTS and you can be arrested if you don't comply.  It is MUCH more militant there than here.  There was also the damn get a king-flu test within 3 days of flying back (no need for one going there interestingly enough).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 04:05:07 PM »
Without looking at the link, I knew more than a year ago when masks became "vogue" that it was all bullshit. Or, more to the point, virtue signaling.

I thought for sure transparent masks would be the Next Big Thing.  There were quite a few that were marketed but it never really "took."
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 04:11:49 PM »
I thought for sure transparent masks would be the Next Big Thing.  There were quite a few that were marketed but it never really "took."

Transparent masks would show smeared makeup and everything else.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 09:27:06 AM »
Spent a four day weekend without putting one on once.  It was wonderful.  Haven't been in a store that enforced masks in weeks, not sure if any are left in the DFW Metroplex.  Many still have old "required" signs up, most have "recommended" signs now.   Most places I've been still have employees masked, but that is the businesses decision. 

Got back to work and almost walked in before remembering the dumb thing.  Fortunately, our district mandate runs out this week, and I've heard no plans of requirements for next year. 

I will miss my Guy Fawkes and Thin Blue Line masks a bit, but not that darn much. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 05:50:44 PM »
Too many companies have invested money in masks and face shields. Democrats will not give up power willingly. This crap or something similar will come around every year or so from now on.

The dems will want to sponsor a 5 trillion $$ relief bill to bail them out. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!