Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh time slot to be filled by Clay Travis, Buck Sexton  (Read 715 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Conservative talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh’s replacements have finally been announced, and are being dubbed, “an evolution of the show with fresh voices.”

Clay Travis, a 42-year-old sports commentator and analyst with Fox Sports, and Buck Sexton, a 39-year-old political commentator and former CIA officer, will come together to host “The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show” from noon to 3 p.m. EST on weekdays, distributor Premiere Networks confirmed Thursday.

“We’re not going to replace Rush Limbaugh, we’re going to have an evolution of the show with fresh voices — those that grew up on Rush and admired him,” Premiere Networks president Julie Talbott said in a statement.

News of the new program, which will begin airing June 21, was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/27/rush-limbaugh-time-slot-to-be-filled-by-clay-travis-buck-sexton/

If only someone had suggested such an idea....

According to the guest host today (Todd Herman), the EIB Network will continue.  In what form, none of us really know quite yet.

The obvious choice would be Hannity, although I think he's on a different syndication network.  Although I appreciate and often enjoy Sean, his radio show was never really my style.  Several friends have suggested that President Trump do it, but that isn't really his style.  There are also a nice crop of young conservatives, some of whom have grown up as "Rush babies".  Ben Shapiro, even Clay Travis who has become an emerging Fox Sports Radio host with conservative libertarian leanings.

There is no replacing Rush.  But to continue his legacy of excellence in broadcasting would mean a lot to those of us who listened for years.

https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=123930.0
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Rush Limbaugh time slot to be filled by Clay Travis, Buck Sexton
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 06:25:33 PM »
I was hoping for Mark Steyn
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 06:47:07 PM »

Wouldn't have had a problem with Mark either.

Appealing to a younger generation might help.  Certainly like both Buck & Clay and their style, not to mention their political views.

Offline NJCardFan

• Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 03:52:36 AM »
I thought Bongino took Rush's spot?
Leftism Is A Bottomless Pit Of Absurdity

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 01:26:13 PM »
I thought Bongino took Rush's spot?

Time slot, yes.  For the time being, Bongino is occupying the time slot in most major markets.  But he was not designated as the "replacement" for Rush.  However, Rush's show is still also being run elsewhere with the guest hosts since he passed.

Rush's network (EIB) has finally ditched the guest hosts and added this combo.  Sexton, as the story noted has been a Rush guest host, and is quite entertaining. Clay Travis is a sports guy who espouses conservative libertarian views.

Perhaps that clarifies the matter or just muddies it further.  No idea if major markets will ditch Bongino or not to switch back to the Limbaugh network.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 04:42:37 PM »
I bet that EIB deliberated long-and-hard about Steyn, who's well loved... but decided he's just not a 'go-to' digger-upper of intrinsic stats.  -Which Rush used to sometimes create news rather than spending 15-hours a week reacting to news.

I'm optimistic about the new show. 

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 08:41:24 AM »

Would not have complained about that choice either.  My favorite "undocumented guest host".  I remember early in the quarantine garbage, he was on and relaying the news that Nevada houses of ill repute were requiring the workers to wear masks, and he was falling out of his chair laughing at the concept. 

Very curious about what will happen to Bongino.  He's on in the Dallas market.  I admit he doesn't grab me particularly, but there's nothing wrong with him.  There's no replacing Rush, he was unique.  We all have to adjust and move forward.  The time slot has to be filled, contracts have to be fulfilled, but it will be something new and different.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 08:52:11 AM »
They're OK.  I don't know anything about the background economics but I would have liked to seen Steve Bannon or Andrew Wilkow .
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 11:33:42 AM »
Four days into the new incarnation, so think I can render an admittedly preliminary judgment.

Buck & Clay are doing outstanding, especially with their witty repartee.  The pair bounce back and forth discussing relevant issues of the day, along with continuing the wonderful conservative tradition that Rush began.

No idea how many of you have kept listening with the guest hosts for 5 months.  Really tuned out some days depending on which one happened to be hosting.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 08:23:30 PM »
I listened to Travis and Sexton yesterday, first time.  And it was good.  I was waiting to hear them several days in a row before commenting... 

Only one small personal glitch...  I've heard so many drive-time DJ duo's (music & sports) that I tend not to pay-attention to 'banter'.  I gotta get used-to hearing 'political-banter'. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2021, 07:51:13 AM »
I listened to Travis and Sexton yesterday, first time.  And it was good.  I was waiting to hear them several days in a row before commenting... 

Only one small personal glitch...  I've heard so many drive-time DJ duo's (music & sports) that I tend not to pay-attention to 'banter'.  I gotta get used-to hearing 'political-banter'.

Was going to wait a full week before making a comment but wanted to find out if anyone else had been tuning in.

I take in lots of talk radio during the day to pass the time at work, and admittedly don't hang on every word.  It is very conversational, similar to listening to a baseball game on the radio.

Thus far this pair reminds me of the overnight Red Eye Radio guys (Eric and Gary), that use their back and forth banter to carry the show.