Author Topic: Why Beto "Nacho Senator" O'Rourke is going to lose, in one photo  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Wingnut

• Just Off Probation
  • What’s it all about boy, elucidate!
by Philip Klein
 | October 23, 2018 10:26 AM

Print this article

Heading to work this morning, I snapped a photo that encapsulates why Democratic Rep. Beto O'Rourke is going to lose his Texas Senate race against Sen. Ted Cruz.

Here's an Acura SUV that I spotted on Connecticut Ave in Washington, DC this morning with a Maryland license plate. On one side, it has a "Beto for Senate" bumper sticker and on the other side, it has a bumper sticker for "Cape Cod Sea Camps" in Massachusetts.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/why-beto-orourke-is-going-to-lose-in-one-photo

THe money quote:  his campaign has appealed to out-of-state liberals, and the above photo is emblematic of his problem. He has a lot of support, but not enough of it is concentrated in the state where he's actually seeking office.

Bingo!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Why Beto "Nacho Senator" O'Rourke is going to lose, in one photo
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »
Totally understand, but the concern expressed by Cruz himself is how this leftist has attracted money. Lots and lots of money.

And, as we all know, money talks and bullshit walks.

The fat lady ain't sung yet, to be sure, but Cruz is more than a little concerned.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Wingnut

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 01:01:49 PM »
Totally understand, but the concern expressed by Cruz himself is how this leftist has attracted money. Lots and lots of money.

And, as we all know, money talks and bullshit walks.

The fat lady ain't sung yet, to be sure, but Cruz is more than a little concerned.

The fake hispanic that talks like a Kennedy, walks like a Kennedy and looks like a drunken Kennedy ain't gonna win that state no matter how much money the Rats import into the state.    Well At least not for a few more years anyway.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 02:16:31 PM »
The fake hispanic that talks like a Kennedy, walks like a Kennedy and looks like a drunken Kennedy ain't gonna win that state no matter how much money the Rats import into the state.    Well At least not for a few more years anyway.

Ummmm. OK. I hope you're right.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 02:57:58 PM »
Last time I heard anything about real polling on this race, they had Cruz up by 9.  I have no idea what the numbers look like right now. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wingnut

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 03:16:49 PM »
Last time I heard anything about real polling on this race, they had Cruz up by 9.  I have no idea what the numbers look like right now. 

KC

The  Austin UnStatesman and the Houston Crock are in the bag for "Nacho"  Any polling by those outfits are suspect.   But I also saw the one you stated.  Not sure of the source..

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »
The  Austin UnStatesman and the Houston Crock are in the bag for "Nacho"  Any polling by those outfits are suspect.   But I also saw the one you stated.  Not sure of the source..

Well, Beto has been pulling good crowds, for what he is.  But Cruz has been pulling much bigger crowds.  I'm with you, Robert is the 'cool' 'hip' vote for a lot of the younger crowd, but the real voters are voting Cruz. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 05:32:49 PM »

Well, Beto has been pulling good crowds, for what he is.  But Cruz has been pulling much bigger crowds.  I'm with you, Robert is the 'cool' 'hip' vote for a lot of the younger crowd, but the real voters are voting Cruz. 

KC

Heard that drunken sweaty Robby couldn't even fill a thousand seat arena in Fort Worth this weekend.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 06:29:34 AM »
Heard that drunken sweaty Robby couldn't even fill a thousand seat arena in Fort Worth this weekend.

Like I said, he's been pulling good crowds for what he is.  He pulls in a few hundred here and there, but nothing like what Cruz is pulling in.  And it's hard to believe anyone would vote for him after the debate he and Cruz had.  It was seriously bad for him. 

I think about the only votes he's going to get will be the college kids who want legal weed, and the older folks who wish they still lived in their college years ... who want legal weed.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 06:31:06 AM »

Like I said, he's been pulling good crowds for what he is.  He pulls in a few hundred here and there, but nothing like what Cruz is pulling in.  And it's hard to believe anyone would vote for him after the debate he and Cruz had.  It was seriously bad for him. 

I think about the only votes he's going to get will be the college kids who want legal weed, and the older folks who wish they still lived in their college years ... who want legal weed.

KC

I will look for that debate and, if I can find it, watch it. Thanks for the perspective.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

*Stolen

Offline Wingnut

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 09:30:52 AM »

And you just knew the Liberal Dallas Co Fish wrap of a Paper \ would jump on the Nacho leg humping and make it a  trifecta.  Just endorsed today:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/413083-dallas-morning-news-endorses-beto-orourke

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2018, 01:09:30 PM »

Let me know what you think of the debate.  As far as I was concerned, it was brutal for Robert.

KC

Well, the yout' came out aggressively enough to make it look like he was overreaching in many ways. Cruz's rather condescending smiles came through, however, which told me that Little Bobby's pimples weren't quite ripe for popping.

Cruz stuck to facts, however, and statistics, which made Little Bobby's personal attacks look lame.

Where did this turd come from, anyway? El Paso? Did those people really elect this asshole?

Offline Wingnut

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 01:15:01 PM »

Where did this turd come from, anyway? El Paso? Did those people really elect this asshole?

LOL.   Big time silver spoon son of a Prominent judge that got him out of trouble several times as a "misguided" yute.

Paddy O'Rourke.  If he was anymore Irish he'd be a Kennedy.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 01:51:21 PM »
Well, the yout' came out aggressively enough to make it look like he was overreaching in many ways. Cruz's rather condescending smiles came through, however, which told me that Little Bobby's pimples weren't quite ripe for popping.

Cruz stuck to facts, however, and statistics, which made Little Bobby's personal attacks look lame.

Cruz didn’t come off as condescending as I was afraid he would. He answered questions and gave places to verify what he was saying. Robert came across like a kid playing at being a politician. He avoided direct answers at all costs. Notice how he answered any question having to do with how we were to pay for what he wants?

I felt like overall Cruz cleaned his clock.

We’re thinking about going out and buying $6k of furniture at Gallery Furniture in Houston and picking Cruz as the winner. Look it up. LOL

KC

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2018, 07:05:00 AM »

Cruz didn’t come off as condescending as I was afraid he would. He answered questions and gave places to verify what he was saying. Robert came across like a kid playing at being a politician. He avoided direct answers at all costs. Notice how he answered any question having to do with how we were to pay for what he wants?

I didn't say Cruz spoke in a condescending manner. I'm saying his smile (in the background) while Little Bobby was beating his gums was condescending. Maybe that's just Cruz -- dunno.

I felt like overall Cruz cleaned his clock.

Let's hope you're right. I'm a little uneasy about the money backing Little Bobby.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 08:38:22 PM »
Haven't heard if any media parody has yet done this yet.

But I think an apropos one would be Robert "Nacho Man", O'Rourke.  Accompanied by the Village People's "Macho Man".
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender