Author Topic: Northern California rocked by magnitude 6.0 earthquake  (Read 763 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Northern California rocked by magnitude 6.0 earthquake
« on: August 24, 2014, 08:01:23 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/24/usgs-60-magnitude-earthquake-shakes-northern-california/
Northern California rocked by magnitude 6.0 earthquake

SACRAMENTO, Calif. –  DEVELOPING...

Officials say an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.0 has been reported in northern California's San Francisco Bay area.

Leslie Gordon of the U.S. Geological Survey says the tremor struck at just before 3:30 a.m. Sunday. The epicenter was about six miles southwest of Napa, California, and about 50 miles west-southwest of Sacramento.

There was no immediate report of damage.
I'm finding only preliminary reports so far. Nothing about damage or injuries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Northern California rocked by magnitude 6.0 earthquake
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 08:14:05 AM »
Just posted in Shoutbox, too.  Whoops! :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

Re: Northern California rocked by magnitude 6.0 earthquake
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:45:24 AM »
The USGS report of it I saw earlier said that it was a 6.0, located between Napa and Vallejo (in the NE SF Bay Area), and happened at ~03:21.

I live at the other end of the Bay in San Jose and did not feel it; OTOH, a lady I know who lives a very few miles from me posted on FB that she had felt it. Either those few miles made a difference (plausible, given CA's weird geology), or she sleeps much more lightly than I do. Several FB friends in Woodland (NE of Sacramento) posted that they had felt the quake quite strongly.

The Richter scale is logarithmic, so this 6.0 was about 1/10 the energy of the 1989 Loma Prieta (near Santa Cruz) Earthquake.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.