Author Topic: Dear DUmmie lurkers  (Read 498 times)

Offline ChuckJ

Dear DUmmie lurkers
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:41:50 PM »
northoftheborder  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-02-11 10:56 AM
Response to Original message
2. My son converted his wife from a rabid rightwinger family.
Her mother and family make fun of Obama all the time, my son tells me, but they refrain from saying anything when I am around. My grandaughter is being brainwashed by her other grandmother, I can tell! But she and I have a good relationship and I'm sure I and her father can keep her schooled in our philosophy. I know where their viewpoint came from; the other grandparents were employed by a large prominent company from a dominant industry. However, they are of humble means, and the Repub. policies are not good for any of them, if they could just realize it.

“not good for any of them, if they could just realize it”

“voting against their best interests”

I’ve read the above statements (and statements very similar) many times on DU. Statements such as these really show how egotistically, ignorant, bat-shit crazy, and just plain stupid you folks are. In honor of that I've decided to pen the following Pittian screed...

I have to believe that maybe you just do not realize what’s “good” for me or in my “best interests” so I’ll explain it you. The answer is simple really. It is providing for me and my family. But how, you may ask, do I provide for me and my family? The answer is once again simple. I WORK to provide for me and my family.

I realize that many of you at DU have no concept or understanding of WORK so let’s take a quick look at a couple of definitions:
1. activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.
2. such activity as a means of earning income; employment.

In exchange for doing work people pay me money. In some cases it is a business that gives me money for work. In some cases it is an individual or group of individuals. Now here’s where things get a little more complex. In order for me to  get work the businesses and individuals who want to hire me need to have the money to actually pay me. The more money that they are forced to pay in taxes (and other government fees) and outrageous union salaries the LESS money they have available to pay me.

If you take just a minute and think about it (I know thinking is difficult for you but at least try) you can see that what is “good” for me and in my “best interests” is a group that is FOR cutting taxes and AGAINST outrageous union salaries. Now which group would that be? I’ll give you a small hint. It ain’t your group.

The ironic thing is that what is “good” for me and in my “best interests” is also good for you and in your best interests. I know. You think I’m crazy but just follow along with me just a little bit longer.

The money for the entitlement programs that give you a place to live and the means to buy Cheetos and pot comes from me and people like me. You see, the government takes part of the money that we earn from work and gives it out to you in these entitlement programs. The less money I and others like me make, the less money available to dole out to you and your kind.

Do you know what this means? It means that every time you pull the “D” lever you are actually voting against what’s good for you and in your best interests.

But there’s more to it than just voting when it comes to what is good for you and in your best interests. Let’s look at a couple of things.

You are for killing innocent, unborn babies. You also support the homosexual and deviant sexual lifestyle. Aids and HIV has been especially detrimental to the homosexual and deviant communities that you support. How many of the innocent, unborn babies that you have supported murdering would have grown up to find a cure for Aids and HIV? Of course there is no way to know for certain, but since you have supported the murder of millions the chances are pretty good that at least one of them may have stumbled upon a cure.

You are belligerent toward Christians while showing sympathy toward Moslems. If a Christian finds out that you are homosexual he will tell you it’s wrong and pray for you. If a Moslem finds out that you are a homosexual chances are, at least in an Islamic country, he will execute you (much like you support doing to innocent, unborn babies). If a Christian finds out that you are an atheist he will tell you that you’re wrong and pray for you. If a Moslem finds out that you are an atheist chances are, at least in an Islamic country, he will execute you (much like you support doing to innocent, unborn babies).

With that in mind, the next time you point at someone and say they are going against what is good for them or in their best interest remember that there are three fingers pointing back at you and STFU.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Dear DUmmie lurkers
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
:clap: :clap: :clap:

And the H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »
“not good for any of them, if they could just realize it”

“voting against their best interests”

I’ve read the above statements (and statements very similar) many times on DU. Statements such as these really show how egotistically, ignorant, bat-shit crazy, and just plain stupid you folks are. In honor of that I've decided to pen the following Pittian screed...

I have to believe that maybe you just do not realize what’s “good” for me or in my “best interests” so I’ll explain it you. The answer is simple really. It is providing for me and my family. But how, you may ask, do I provide for me and my family? The answer is once again simple. I WORK to provide for me and my family.

I realize that many of you at DU have no concept or understanding of WORK so let’s take a quick look at a couple of definitions:
1. activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.
2. such activity as a means of earning income; employment.

In exchange for doing work people pay me money. In some cases it is a business that gives me money for work. In some cases it is an individual or group of individuals. Now here’s where things get a little more complex. In order for me to  get work the businesses and individuals who want to hire me need to have the money to actually pay me. The more money that they are forced to pay in taxes (and other government fees) and outrageous union salaries the LESS money they have available to pay me.

If you take just a minute and think about it (I know thinking is difficult for you but at least try) you can see that what is “good” for me and in my “best interests” is a group that is FOR cutting taxes and AGAINST outrageous union salaries. Now which group would that be? I’ll give you a small hint. It ain’t your group.

The ironic thing is that what is “good” for me and in my “best interests” is also good for you and in your best interests. I know. You think I’m crazy but just follow along with me just a little bit longer.

The money for the entitlement programs that give you a place to live and the means to buy Cheetos and pot comes from me and people like me. You see, the government takes part of the money that we earn from work and gives it out to you in these entitlement programs. The less money I and others like me make, the less money available to dole out to you and your kind.

Do you know what this means? It means that every time you pull the “D” lever you are actually voting against what’s good for you and in your best interests.

But there’s more to it than just voting when it comes to what is good for you and in your best interests. Let’s look at a couple of things.

You are for killing innocent, unborn babies. You also support the homosexual and deviant sexual lifestyle. Aids and HIV has been especially detrimental to the homosexual and deviant communities that you support. How many of the innocent, unborn babies that you have supported murdering would have grown up to find a cure for Aids and HIV? Of course there is no way to know for certain, but since you have supported the murder of millions the chances are pretty good that at least one of them may have stumbled upon a cure.

You are belligerent toward Christians while showing sympathy toward Moslems. If a Christian finds out that you are homosexual he will tell you it’s wrong and pray for you. If a Moslem finds out that you are a homosexual chances are, at least in an Islamic country, he will execute you (much like you support doing to innocent, unborn babies). If a Christian finds out that you are an atheist he will tell you that you’re wrong and pray for you. If a Moslem finds out that you are an atheist chances are, at least in an Islamic country, he will execute you (much like you support doing to innocent, unborn babies).

With that in mind, the next time you point at someone and say they are going against what is good for them or in their best interest remember that there are three fingers pointing back at you and STFU.

H5!!!  I get so tired of the libs telling me I am voting "against my best-interests". Who the hell do they think they are to tell me what my best-interests are? I know what my best-interests are and it damn sure don't include paying for welfare parasites that pop out babies and lay around all day instead of getting off their asses and getting a job!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
they are of humble means, and the Repub. policies are not good for any of them

You mean lower taxes and gas prices?  My family has been of humble means since I got married just before GWB became president and we had 8 years of very satisfied, comfortable living.  It's only since Barry O-jackass became president that we started having problems.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 01:37:42 PM »
:bumpbarney:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site