Author Topic: OET primitive wants others to take the opportunity  (Read 17269 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: OET primitive wants others to take the opportunity
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2011, 09:03:09 AM »
Undoubtedly, as I said in the article, lotsof people are complicit.  But the left can't make this argument right now.  Anything the lft said will be dismissed as political posturing, as we're already eeing.

Only politicians and pundits the right can do the right thing at this time.  Let's hope they do.  Sarah Palin did, much to her credit.

-Laelt

**** you with your idiotic,prove a negative tripe.
That is the tactic of despots and tyrants or just the intellectually lazy.
You pieces of crap have been trying to make a political gain from this from the first second and now it is coming around to bite you in the ass.

Tell ya what,why don`t you link to threads or posts at OET that simply extended grief or sympathies without any political agenda.
Bet they are few and far between but prove me wrong.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
And we're still waiting for any actual evidence from you nitwits that there was any causality related to anything said or done by a conservative. Haven't heard of any such evidence from the FBI, so if you have it I'm sure they'd appreciate you getting in contact with them. Some mention of Palin, Beck, et al, from the perpetrator? Books or videos by them in his possession? E-mails to them on his hard drive? Some quote from them showing up in his YouTube rants? A Rush Limbaugh necktie in his closet? Anything?

Nah, nothing like that exists.  Neither do calls from Sarah, Rush, Glenn, Sean, et al to "punish their enemies" nor do you hear stories about them stabbing knives into a table as a punctuation of cries of "dead" when talking about political opponents.  Nor will you find the aforementioned stating that they should not let a crisis go to waste.

But that doesn't stop this wet-mouthed liberal from demanding that the "right" do the "right thing", does it? 

No, sir, not for one hot second.

Never mind that it is the left that started vomiting their hate as soon as there was a microphone within range of their oral sewers; climbing the not quite cold bodies of the dead and trampling the wounded to blame their political "enemies".  But it is Sarah, Rush, Glenn, Sean, et al that are supposed to apologize and prostrate themselves because of the actions of a lunatic, leftist, whackaloon.

What passes for logic in the mind of a liberal....
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2011, 09:05:22 AM »
You're absolutely right to say that this problem is not confined to the right.  I have never denied that, but the right has the opportuinity to do something about it now--an opportunity that the left does not have because a Democrat was the target of this assassination attempt.  We'll see how leaders on the right respond.

Thanks for reading the essay.

-Laelth

Read the news instead of running your mouth,there was also a Republican Federal judge killed.

Offline dandi

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2011, 09:09:45 AM »
You're absolutely right to say that this problem is not confined to the right.  I have never denied that, but the right has the opportuinity to do something about it now--an opportunity that the left does not have because a Democrat was the target of this assassination attempt.  We'll see how leaders on the right respond.

Wow....  The "right" does not need to apologize for anything because they have not done anything to inspire the type of leftist violence that you quoted in your post.  Yet, you still believe they need to be the ones to get out in front of this by doing the "right thing".

Interesting.

I hope you don't use that same tactic in court, juris doctorate.  A half awake opponent would make you a laughing stock in very quick order.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 09:11:21 AM »
Oh, and in reference to OET, I was a little ticked off at what Allentown Jake did here, but fair is fair, and I have to say the past couple of days he's been the minority over there and hasn't railed against the right, and hasn't pointed the finger of blame at the right, he seems to be the only 1 over there who realizes this over-reaction by the left will hurt the left in the long run, and is trying his best to steer the conversation from the insanity to reality, of course most aren't following his lead. But hats off to you Jake for trying.

Kudos for a rational, objective assessment.

In all fairness, though, to the extent I am "pointing fingers" in the essay above, I am not pointing exclusively at the right.  I freely admit that lots of people are complicit here, and I am inviting the right to condemn violent rhetoric from any source--right or left or middle.  The source does not matter to me.

-Laelth
We are all in this boat together.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 09:13:35 AM »

Thanks for reading the essay.

-Laelth

I've got a bone to pick with you...you double talking feather merchant.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,53847.msg605346.html#new
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »
Undoubtedly, as I said in the article, lotsof people are complicit.  But the left can't make this argument right now.  Anything the lft said will be dismissed as political posturing, as we're already eeing.

The politicals hacks of the left ARE using this tragedy for political posturing (to pass gun laws and hate speech laws as we are already seeing now: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html), and riling people up with propaganda in the process. In short, the left, and especially the biased media, is fanning the flames of hatred, the very thing that conservatives were accused of.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2011, 09:25:51 AM »
Hey Laelth,you have an account here so why don`t you show up and condemn the fact right from the word go the left has been trying to turn this monstous act of a lunatic into a political circus and attempt to silence free speech.

I dare you to.

Hello Carl,

I think the left needs to be silent on this issue and confine its comments to grief over the dead and wounded.    As I said in the essay, the left can't effectively address this problem in this environment.  Anything the left says will be condemned as political posturing.  Only politicians and pundits on the right have the opportunity to do the right thing here.

Thanks for the response.

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2011, 09:32:48 AM »
Explain, Lealth. Explain just how Sarah Palin is responsible for a different person's actions.

She is not you little scumbag. No one is responsible for the actions of another. Can I blame Obama for the actions of Joe Stack? No, because Joe Stack acted on his own volition.

I address the difference between complicity and culpability in the essay.

Regardless, Palin did the right thing by scrubbing her website, and I wanted to give her credit for that, even if she was late in doing so.

-Laelth

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2011, 09:33:45 AM »
Hello Carl,

I think the left needs to be silent on this issue and confine its comments to grief over the dead and wounded.    As I said in the essay, the left can't effectively address this problem in this environment.  Anything the left says will be condemned as political posturing.  Only politicians and pundits on the right have the opportunity to do the right thing here.

Thanks for the response.

-Laelth

*ahem*

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 09:38:11 AM »
Hello Carl,

Thanks for the response.

-Laelth

Then why aren`t you condemning your own for their posturing and screeching.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2011, 09:42:37 AM »
Hello Carl,

Thanks for the response.

-Laelth

This is the internet equivalent of a form letter.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 09:52:12 AM »
Laleth...as I told you in another thread here over the weekend where you attempted this nonsense...go tell your mouth breathing ritalin chewing Leftist brethren at OET and the DUmp to clean up their act BEFORE you come pointing at us.

You really don't want to go down this road.  The hive mentality you're displaying now will do nothing but embarass you farther than what you've done to yourself already.

Yes, you have been rude to me on a number of occasions.  I celebrate these occasions, honestly, because they make you look bad, not me.

And this essay is not "pointing" at you.  It's making the simple point that politicians and pundits on the right have the opportunity to do something positive about the level of our national discourse at the moment--an opportunity that the left does not have for reasons that I explained.

When a politician on the right gets targeted for assassination, I will be the first to call upon the left to tone down whatever violent rhetoric may have contributed to the climate in which a nut could be encouraged act out his or her mental instability in a way that harms innocent people (and all of us, ultimately).

-Laelth

Offline dandi

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2011, 10:00:17 AM »
I address the difference between complicity and culpability in the essay.

Regardless, Palin did the right thing by scrubbing her website, and I wanted to give her credit for that, even if she was late in doing so.

-Laelth

com·plic·i·ty
   /kəmˈplɪsɪti/ Show Spelled[kuhm-plis-i-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties.

the state of being an accomplice; partnership or involvement in wrongdoing: complicity in a crime.

Please provide evidence of the above as it relates specifically Mr. Loughner's crime.

We'll wait.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2011, 10:00:41 AM »
Yes, you have been rude to me on a number of occasions.  I celebrate these occasions, honestly, because they make you look bad, not me.

And this essay is not "pointing" at you.  It's making the simple point that politicians and pundits on the right have the opportunity to do something positive about the level of our national discourse at the moment--an opportunity that the left does not have for reasons that I explained.

When a politician on the right gets targeted for assassination, I will be the first to call upon the left to tone down whatever violent rhetoric may have contributed to the climate in which a nut could be encouraged act out his or her mental instability in a way that harms innocent people (and all of us, ultimately).

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2011, 10:06:24 AM »
Come on you gutless,ignorant piece of shit...you are allowed to freely post here so stand up and defend your statement in a place it can be challenged.

Sigh.  I actually do have a job and can't monitor this site 24/7.  But I am interested in what the intelligent and civil people on this site have to say, and that's why I am a member.

To the extent you fit that description, I'd be happy to discuss this issue with you, time permitting.

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
Now, defend your assertion that us conservatives are in any way responsible.

Lots of people are responsible, including the person you refer to as "Dear Leader," and I admitted as much in the essay.  Even Sarah Palin felt partially responsible.  Nothing else explains why she scrubbed her website, and I wanted to give her credit for that.

The point of the essay is that only the right has the opportunity to do the right thing here and condemn all the violent rhetoric we see in our political discourse, no matter whether it comes from the left or the right.  Jon Stewart has been doing this for months, but anyone who made that argument from the left in this climate, would be blistered for it--as you can imagine and as we have already seen.

Whether or not right-leaning politicians and pundits seize this opportunity to do the right thing will say a lot about their character and their commitment to this republic.  We'll see.

-Laelth

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2011, 10:17:37 AM »
Sigh.  I actually do have a job and can't monitor this site 24/7.  But I am interested in what the intelligent and civil people on this site have to say, and that's why I am a member.

To the extent you fit that description, I'd be happy to discuss this issue with you, time permitting.

-Laelth

Let me inform you about a couple of things with me...I don`t suffer fools or wordsmiths for a moment.
Making an accusation,asserting one has to prove a negative,allow motives to be defined by assertion rather then facts and then when challenged restate the same as an argument or defense is not going to happen.
I asked YOU who made the assertions to show where your own little lefty site has condemned those on the left for trying to make political hay from it,where they extend nothing but human kindness and concern for the victims without political manuvering and you have not.

Your talking in circles is an old ploy but it will end here,understand.

Now show where any conservative has called for violence of any kind and not your defining motives as in well they said we needed to take back the country so that means they want a revolution.

Show where the shooter had any influence at all by any conservative.

Condemn the actions you are conveniently saying you can`t because it would be political.

You are way out of your league here and quickly showing yourself to be a yammering fool.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2011, 10:35:53 AM »
Sorry, read the heading and first line and immediately hit the mental flush handle.

When you and the rest of the leftist filth start correcting and monitoring yourselves, I may be interested in something you have to say. 

When you and the rest of the DUmp rejects decide you have the intestinal fortitude to post bullshit like this here rather than your liberal echo chamber, I may be interested in something you have to say.

When you and the rest of your emotionally stunted rejects have enough intellectual honesty to realize that maybe, just maybe, the bile and hatred that has been vomited from the left for decades is a problem, I may be interested in what you have to say.

Until then, feel free to take your opinions on how the rest of us should behave and run them up your ass with a rusty iron stick.  I personally will not be lectured about how dirty my house is by someone who does not know how to clean their own.

The essay clearly states that this problem is not confined to the right.  That said, and I apologize for using your particular response as an example because you're not the only one who has made this argument, but your post exemplifies the "childish defensiveness" I describe in the essay.

These are the kinds of things my children say when they've been busted for inappropriate behavior:

"He started it!"

"He did it first!"

"He did it too!"

Those kinds of responses are childishly defensive.  For the benefit of our country--the one you think you own, the one you may think I have no right to live in, the one you may think I am trying to destroy, despite the fact that I live here too and am deeply invested in it--for the sake of that country, whose Constiution I took an oath to defend, I am trying to sugget to politicians and pundits on the right that they have an opportunity to do the right thing, here, and I am inviting them to take that opportunity.  Whether they take this opportunity will say a lot about them.

-Laelth

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2011, 10:39:42 AM »
Lots of people are responsible, including the person you refer to as "Dear Leader," and I admitted as much in the essay.  Even Sarah Palin felt partially responsible.  Nothing else explains why she scrubbed her website, and I wanted to give her credit for that.

The point of the essay is that only the right has the opportunity to do the right thing here and condemn all the violent rhetoric we see in our political discourse, no matter whether it comes from the left or the right.  Jon Stewart has been doing this for months, but anyone who made that argument from the left in this climate, would be blistered for it--as you can imagine and as we have already seen.

Whether or not right-leaning politicians and pundits seize this opportunity to do the right thing will say a lot about their character and their commitment to this republic.  We'll see.

-Laelth

The only way that one person's words can be responsible for the actions of another is through incitement (encouraging or commanding others to do harm). The shooter and only the shooter is responsible for murder.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »
The essay clearly states that this problem is not confined to the right.  That said, and I apologize for using your particular response as an example because you're not the only one who has made this argument, but your post exemplifies the "childish defensiveness" I describe in the essay.

These are the kinds of things my children say when they've been busted for inappropriate behavior:

"He started it!"

"He did it first!"

"He did it too!"

Those kinds of responses are childishly defensive.  For the benefit of our country--the one you think you own, the one you may think I have no right to live in, the one you may think I am trying to destroy, despite the fact that I live here too and am deeply invested in it--for the sake of that country, whose Constiution I took an oath to defend, I am trying to sugget to politicians and pundits on the right that they have an opportunity to do the right thing, here, and I am inviting them to take that opportunity.  Whether they take this opportunity will say a lot about them.

-Laelth

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 10:46:26 AM »
Laelth
Mod
Sneetch

Re: A Golden Opportunity for the Right: Take the High Road and Condemn Violent Rhet
« Reply #19 on: Today at 10:48:50 AM »   
CC picked up on this essay and reposted it here:  http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,53785.0/topicseen.html

I intend to engage a few of them on it--the intelligent and civil ones (and there are a good number of people who fit that description at CC).

For those who may be interested.

-Laelth

You haven't engaged in anything but hollow easily disproven talking points that you culled from someone way smarter than yourself.

You've been called to the fight club.

I suggest you get there.

Offline dandi

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 10:49:54 AM »
It's making the simple point that politicians and pundits on the right have the opportunity to do something positive about the level of our national discourse at the moment--an opportunity that the left does not have for reasons that I explained.

They've been there and done that.

House Republicans decry threats against lawmakers
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2010/03/25/hoyer_decries_talk_of_reprisals_against_lawmakers/

I'm sure you have a counter link to provide the same type of condemnation from the democrats.

Any second now.....

"A spoiled child (Bush) is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp: [audio sound of 4 gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little b*stard. [audio of gun being cocked]." -- A "humor bit" from the Randi Rhodes Show

"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health" -- New York city councilman Charles Barron

"..And then there's Rumsfeld who said of Iraq 'We have our good days and our bad days.' We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say 'This is one of our bad days' and pull the trigger." -- From a fundraising ad put out by the St. Petersburg Democratic Club

"...but the kind of people who would buy a car that increases the risk to other motorists in an accident can't be reasoned with. They're selfish and stupid. It's unfortunate that drivers must worry that their SUVs are being targeted by insulting stickers and Molotov cocktails, but one thing's for sure: It couldn't be happening to a more deserving group of people." -- Ted Rall winks at ecoterrorism

"F*** God D*mned Joe the God D*mned Motherf*cking plumber! I want Motherf*cking Joe the plumber dead." -- Liberal talk show host Charles Karel Bouley on the air.

"Republicans don't believe in the imagination, partly because so few of them have one, but mostly because it gets in the way of their chosen work, which is to destroy the human race and the planet. Human beings, who have imaginations, can see a recipe for disaster in the making; Republicans, whose goal in life is to profit from disaster and who don't give a hoot about human beings, either can't or won't. Which is why I personally think they should be exterminated before they cause any more harm." -- The Village Voice's Michael Feingold, in a theater review of all places

"I know how the 'tea party' people feel, the anger, venom and bile that many of them showed during the recent House vote on health-care reform. I know because I want to spit on them, take one of their 'Obama Plan White Slavery' signs and knock every racist and homophobic tooth out of their Cro-Magnon heads." -- The Washington Post's Courtland Milloy

Hmmmmm, sounds like incitement to violence.

My Congressman Eric Cantor, and you and your cupcake evil wife..." "Remember Eric...our judgment time, the final Yom Kippur has been given. You are a liar, you're a Lucifer, you're a pig, a greedy ****ing pig, you're an abomination, you receive my bullets in...your office, remember they will be placed in your heads. You and your children are Lucifer's abominations." -- Obama campaign contributor Norman Leboon

A Philadelphia man was charged today with threatening to kill House Republican Whip Eric Cantor and his family, the Washington Post reports. The threats came in the form of a YouTube video, which has been taken down.

Norman Leboon, 33, reportedly faces charges punishable by up to 15 years in prison, three years supervised release, a fine up to $500,000 and a $200 special assessment, according to the U.S. attorney's office.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20001362-503544.html

There seems to be a strong correlation here, Laelth.  I'm sure we can count on your best efforts and strongest condemnation of these leftists who have incited violence.

Any second now.....

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »
You haven't engaged in anything but hollow easily disproven talking points that you culled from someone way smarter than yourself.

You've been called to the fight club.

I suggest you get there.

So we get now why it is being so elusive...can`t bear to admit what the left has been doing the last few days and is looking for applause.

Childish little imp.