Author Topic: primitives discuss tax relief (that never happened)  (Read 612 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
primitives discuss tax relief (that never happened)
« on: March 16, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »
Quote from:
Peacetrain 

I shared this in GDP, and I want to share it with the BOG.. the Obama middle class tax cuts are a life saver.

We did our taxes this weekend, and that tax cut is coming in at a most opportune time.. let me tell you.

I wonder what middle class America is going to say after the tax season?

This was such a great surprise!

I had forgotten it was coming..

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=388x18666

YOU LIE!!!!

I spend this morning at my accountant turning in the rest of my personal tax info and I asked her if she had noted any tax relief for her lower income to middle class clients this year, and she resoundingly said "No."  I've got a few clients that are accountants and all of them have told me there was no tax relief at all for any of their customers.

Imagine that; Dear Leader lied to the primitives and they have to dream they're getting a break just to prop him up.  Of course, this is from the BOG forum, and they'll lie about anything there.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: primitives discuss tax relief (that never happened)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 03:35:25 PM »
Due to his screwing around with paying out front money in spite of designated withholding, the son-of-a-gun almost had me paying this year, which I purposely over-withhold to prevent so as to cover a modest side business.  Frankly pissed me off, I can deal with ending up with a too-large refund, covering an unexpected deficiency out of the household budget totally ruins my day.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 03:59:56 PM »
Great photo. Do you know those two little words raked him in $2 million? 

I know that Frank is super-busy right now with tax season, so he may not see this.  I would like him to weigh in on this thread if he does happen by it.  To my knowledge, there was no real middle class tax relief granted by naked emperor.   

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 04:16:47 PM »

I know that Frank is super-busy right now with tax season, so he may not see this.  I would like him to weigh in on this thread if he does happen by it.  To my knowledge, there was no real middle class tax relief granted by naked emperor.   

I think (according to our accountant) that all the messiah did was juggle the witholding tables in order to give every wage earner about $5 - $6 additional per week, up to a total of $250........SS recipients received a "one-time" addition to their checks.  However, this amount is now taxable income for 2009, and therefore a portion of it has to be paid back, depending on your tax bracket.....changing the tables also resulted in additional witholdings in other income areas however.

I may be wrong, but that is how it was explained to me.......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »
Let's put it this way--were it not for the fact I went from married-separate to single filing status this year, and the mortgage interest deduction, I would have paid SIGNIFICANTLY more.  I am SO not looking forward to next year, and even less to the year after that, when the 2001-03 Bush tax cuts expire.  And don't let Obozo tell you that it's only going to affect the top to income groups.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 05:53:21 PM »

I do income taxes for a variety of people, but about 40%, the largest plurality, is for small-town Nebraskans of Texan derivation; blue collar workers.

There's a lot fewer four-figure refunds this year, and they're unhappy.

I explain why, on the chance that one of them might have voted for il Duce Bo.

The withholding tables were "adjusted" by il Duce Bo, an average of $14 a week, which means that many are getting refunds this year, but smaller ones, because they got those "refunds" in the form of $14-a-week (or whatever) increments.

For income-tax customers who look like prospects for voting (R) (many of those of Texan derivation in Nebraska are apolitical), besides their completed 2009 tax forms, I add a "bonus," having computed (with adjustments for inflation) their income taxes if the tax tables of 1961, 1969, 1975, 1980, 1997, and 2003 had been in effect.

It looks as if 2002-2008 were the last "good" years, and it's going to be all downhill from here.

That is, unless the people of America come to their senses in November 2010.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 07:34:18 PM »
The withholding tables were "adjusted" by il Duce Bo, an average of $14 a week, which means that many are getting refunds this year, but smaller ones, because they got those "refunds" in the form of $14-a-week (or whatever) increments.

That's essentially what I was told as far as the process goes, though no one was quoting rough numbers, so thanks.

So six of one and half dozen of the other.  You get $14 more a week for 50 weeks but a $900 refund, when last year you would have gotten a $1600 refund all at once.  If one is better than it other, then it's only by a half-a-flea's hair.  Either way, the peaceable choo-choo primitive is lying through his teeth, but that's virtually always the case.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 11:42:30 AM »
I'm just starting on taxes but the way I see it is there was an adjustment to withholding tables early last year. The tax rates/tables did not change. Then put in place was a "Making Work Pay" credit of $400. I can't find any other tax relief. It works to less than $7.70 per week. On the other hand in the porkulus bill unemployed got a $25 per week increase.

I could be wrong as I'm just starting.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.