Author Topic: Proglodytes suddenly not keen for centralized power  (Read 1408 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Proglodytes suddenly not keen for centralized power
« on: May 22, 2017, 09:38:52 AM »
They only accept power when it's theirs.

DetlefK (10,018 posts)

Maybe the problem is that the political system of the US is too top-heavy.

The amount of power vested into the one person who is POTUS... head of state, head of military, nominates judges, issues executive orders, highest authority when it comes to declassification...

To paraphrase Mitch McConnell, I think the US could use a little less drama and political system that is less prone to the whims of a single person.

exboyfil (7,522 posts)

1. I wonder if we would have the same thought

the day before the last election. I think we are seeing the limits of our current electoral system. Disproportionate representation for the Senate and Presidency. Gerrymandering for the House. Fixed four year terms for the chief executive. It is times like this that the parliamentary system looks better. Would we feel the same way when Obama was President though?

No.

Because you're power-mad statist hypocrites.

dawg (8,510 posts)

2. We need some Constitutional amendments.

The system wasn't designed to handle this level of partisanship and lack of concern for the common good.

Article 1, Section 8

Amendment IX

Amendment X

Any of these ring a bell for you?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029100325
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Proglodytes suddenly not keen for centralized power
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47:17 AM »

Article 1, Section 8

Amendment IX

Amendment X

Any of these ring a bell for you?

All unfortunately neutered or interpreted to take power away from the States and People then give overreaching power to the  Congress and the Federal government generally, beginning with the FDR era Supreme Court.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:07:38 AM »
DetlefK (10,018 posts)

Maybe the problem is that the political system of the US is too top-heavy.

The amount of power vested into the one person who is POTUS... head of state, head of military, nominates judges, issues executive orders, highest authority when it comes to declassification...

:banghead: Hey MOH-Ron! :banghead:

I've got a pen, and I've got a phone

:banghead: Does that ring a bell?! :banghead:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:46:24 PM »
Wow, the DUmmies are adopting conservative values?

Well, I guess I should finish reading the whole thing to find out...
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »
The system wasn't designed to handle this level of partisanship and lack of concern for the common good.

The system wasn't designed to handle 99% of the shit you DUmbasses have tried to make it responsible for nowadays.  So if some of it falls to the wayside, no skin off my back.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 12:40:51 PM »
Obama and his fellow fascists spent 8 years weaponizing the federal government only to give it over to Trump.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 01:19:25 PM »

Shoe.....other foot....?  :lmao:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 02:28:04 PM »
exboyfil (7,522 posts)

1. I wonder if we would have the same thought

the day before the last election. I think we are seeing the limits of our current electoral system. Disproportionate representation for the Senate and Presidency. Gerrymandering for the House. Fixed four year terms for the chief executive. It is times like this that the parliamentary system looks better. Would we feel the same way when Obama was President though?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 02:30:33 PM »

Shoe.....other foot....?  :lmao:

And the increasing love for the 2nd Amendment.   :whistling:

dawg (8,510 posts)

2. We need some Constitutional amendments.

We own most of the state houses.  Bring it.

The system wasn't designed to handle retarded infants and a preponderance of gibmedats.  Kill yourself.  Soon.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 02:34:58 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 04:38:38 PM »
Many of these same DUmmies believe that, in the wake of the 2016 elections, Obama should have thrown out the election results, scheduled a new election on the grounds that a non- liberal was elected, and remain in office past his term limit.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 05:36:56 PM »
Obama and his fellow fascists spent 8 years weaponizing the federal government only to give it over to Trump.

As I recall way back in 2009 when all of the Obumble shit was still hitting the fan and spreading everywhere, Rush said that one day the pendulum would swing, and that this government machine they were building would one day be turned back against them, used on them, and that they would see how it felt.

Well, here we are.  I have absolutely no pity for you primitives.  Those who sow the wind will reap the whirlwind.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »
Many of these same DUmmies believe that, in the wake of the 2016 elections, Obama should have thrown out the election results, scheduled a new election on the grounds that a non- liberal was elected, and remain in office past his term limit.

It shouldn't have, but that one even took me by surprise.  I mean, these single-celled organisms are stupid, but daaaaaahmn.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 12:36:40 PM »
As I recall way back in 2009 when all of the Obumble shit was still hitting the fan and spreading everywhere, Rush said that one day the pendulum would swing, and that this government machine they were building would one day be turned back against them, used on them, and that they would see how it felt.

Well, here we are.  I have absolutely no pity for you primitives.  Those who sow the wind will reap the whirlwind.

I anxiously await the IRS going ape shit on leftists organizations. The FNM shitstorm will be Biblical.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.