Author Topic: We're all John Birchers now  (Read 1053 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
We're all John Birchers now
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:04:10 AM »
duhneece (2,581 posts)

Sick thought: what if John Birch was right?

I had a thought that almost made me gag when I realized what I was asking of myself inside my head, "What if John Birch was right and the communist RUSSIANS who said quite clearly that they would use any means to gain world sovereignty, changed their name and suckered the Republicans and Trump into giving them our world?"
None Dare Call it Treason.
They changed their name like Kentucky Fried Chicken to KFC, so the Communists (who were branded badly by nations using the concept to install vicious dictators)..and voila, the Russians own our POTUS.

Up Next on DU: A Second Look at Eugene McCarthy?

TBA (458 posts)

1. My Parents Were John Birchers

I remember my mom would not let us watch "Bewitched" because she thought it was part of a communist plot to normalized the abnormal.

I don't think "Bewitched" was a problem but we do seem to think the chasm between the right and the left is normal.

Oh and racism... she believed communists plotted to create racial division. To her the pawns were MLK and others in the civil rights movement. Maybe she was right except the pawns were really the white supremacists.

I actually read that book "None Dare Call it Treason" as a teenager. Don't remember much of it though.

I'm no expert by any means but I don't see a whole lot of difference between Russia and the Communist Soviet Union. They both seem totalitarian to me and I don't think anyone would dispute Putin worldly ambitions.

Last I looked all the commies are in the IdPol Grievance Industrial Complex

Shoot yourselves for treason.

world wide wally (9,743 posts)

2. Whatever you might call them... someone has taken over America aand it ain't us

And that's really all this is about, isn't it?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029072648
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: We're all John Birchers now
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 10:09:04 AM »
Liberals have always loved the USSR and communism. This sudden change of heart is strictly political. It's the only answer that fits the equation given the past history of the Democratic Party and liberalism.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 10:17:20 AM »
Liberals have always loved the USSR and communism. This sudden change of heart is strictly political. It's the only answer that fits the equation given the past history of the Democratic Party and liberalism.

The KGB's version of Frankenstein's monster.

They created these assholes called "Democrats." Inspired them, funded them, got them to protest, got them elected to office.

But now their little stooges have grown so accustomed to power they've turned on their creators.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 10:23:33 AM »
Well, Libs & Progs have transmogrified from Russophiles into Russophobes, so why wouldn't they transmogrify into Neo-Birchers?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:39:09 AM »

2. Whatever you might call them... someone has taken over America aand it ain't us

You are so right, you have shown your true colors and True Americans have seen you for the despicable bunch of lying, greedy , power hungry fascists that you really are.
The more you kick & scream and piss and moan it just makes us more determined to keep crushing you at the polls and if necessary in the street.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 10:40:36 AM »
Another primitive that fails to see the parallels between the Democrat party and animal farm

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 11:08:27 AM »

They're called American voters, moron.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 11:20:22 AM »
They're called American voters, moron.

Hear! Hear!

h5

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »
But now their little stooges have grown so accustomed to power they've turned on their creators.

Or at least they'll speak of commies in disparaging terms to fit their end game. Talking down and promoting fear of the other party being associated with liberalism in order to promote the end game of liberalism; it is a different twist.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 12:30:19 PM »
Well, Libs & Progs have transmogrified from Russophiles into Russophobes, so why wouldn't they transmogrify into Neo-Birchers?

H5 for using Russophiles, Russophobes, transmogrify, and transmogrified in one sentence (yes, I had to Google them  :-))
Deplorable since 2016

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 12:51:49 PM »
"Governor Romney, I’m glad that you recognize that Al Qaida is a threat, because a few months ago when you were asked what’s the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia, not Al Qaida; you said Russia, in the 1980s, they’re now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War’s been over for 20 years."
B. Heussein Obama
Super Genius
Have Brain will Travel

Just more proof that Obama was/is the smartest man in the history of the universe.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 03:38:29 PM »
TBA (458 posts)

1. My Parents Were John Birchers

I remember my mom would not let us watch "Bewitched" because she thought it was part of a communist plot to normalized the abnormal.

:o  Do what?   ::)

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 04:29:28 PM »

Go easy on "TBA". English isn't "TBA"'s first language ... doesn't have a first language. :-)  :bolt:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »

Sounds more like a weird family thing than a Bircher thing. TBA probably didn't go to the bathroom when watching Little House On The Prarie because they thought that's the way Michael Landon would want it.  :mental:

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 09:13:54 PM »
Sounds more like a weird family thing than a Bircher thing.

LOL!!!  Must be because I have never heard that one before.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 02:16:48 AM »

Probably just couldn't handle the fact that Samantha was a hot babe.