Author Topic: Proglodytes pretty upset they no longer seem credible.  (Read 566 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Proglodytes pretty upset they no longer seem credible.
« on: May 14, 2017, 06:41:44 AM »
This is one, big exercise in admitting everything about the Trump investigation is made-up bullshit with no basis in fact and they're pissed others are coming to that realization.

Apparently running around claiming Trump will be indicted by one date then another wears thin on some of their peers so you can imagine how that is selling with middle America.

bigtree (67,450 posts)

We should ban speculation from the forum?

...that's what the more strident critics seem to be arguing about uncorroborated reports from Mensch, Taylor and others.

What these folks seem to want is news wrapped up in a neat bow, courtesy of establishment news sources who regularly engage in pack journalism to the exclusion of all but their often-compromised consensus opinion.

That's not the way reporting works. Information can go through many barriers, many meant to deliberately obscure the truth. It can take a great deal of courage to put your name behind an uncorroborated report, and that's often how important stories begin. Some pan out, some don't.

The function of a discussion forum, however, isn't to merely serve as a bulletin board for forgone conclusions. It's an opportunity to flesh out what we know, believe, and can stand up as reasonable truth.

Rejecting speculative sources, out of hand, seems to be a foolish and wasteful pursuit, unless your goal is to just promote MSM-sponsored groupthink, or perhaps, you just can't stand the drama of the reporting process. 

Notice how its definition of "discussion" is "I post baseless fantasy and you're not allowed to criticize that."

brettdale (8,241 posts)

1. What we want is for people not to

****in lie and have others treat the lies as news.

bigtree (67,450 posts)

3. rejecting reports, out of hand

...is little more than suppression.

Discuss, explore, prove. Don't just dismiss.

"It's just Kool-Aid. Don't let the 900 bodies lying around fool you."

shraby (18,600 posts)

6. Censorship is a tactic I abhor. I'd rather make up my own mind about what I hear,

see or read. The 1500s were notable for censorship. I would think we have graduated beyond that. I agree with you bigtree.

And it rages on.

They know the wheels are coming off. Nobody was interested in their pre-election tantrums. Now the workaday American is growing sick of their shit.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029061143
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Proglodytes pretty upset they no longer seem credible.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 07:20:11 AM »
They know the wheels are coming off. Nobody was interested in their pre-election tantrums. Now the workaday American is growing sick of their shit.

The primitives really need to be concerned about that.

They're drama queens; an audience to them is as if oxygen to the rest of us.

But the more boring the primitives get, the less of their audience they have left; they need to jazz things up, jump-start things, with new stuff about other things.

The primitives are lazy, so one doubts they will.

And thus their present predicament, where only the DUmpster on conservativecave pays any attention to them.  And we're eroding away too, bored at how boring the primitives are.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 09:02:51 AM »
bigtree (67,450 posts)

3. rejecting reports, out of hand

...is little more than suppression.

Discuss, explore, prove. Don't just dismiss.

Unless it's from a "Reich-Wing" source (which means it reports facts you don't want to hear or be heard).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 10:56:24 AM »
shraby (18,600 posts)

6. Censorship is a tactic I abhor. I'd rather make up my own mind about what I hear,

see or read.
The 1500s were notable for censorship. I would think we have graduated beyond that. I agree with you bigtree.

So you are a member of a message board that censors any idea that is not completely alt-left inspired. I think you don't abhor censorship as much as you claim.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.