Author Topic: DUmmy Drug addicts think that Rush has screwed the pooch  (Read 349 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
DUmmy Drug addicts think that Rush has screwed the pooch
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:01:23 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002381181

Major Nikon (2,528 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Here's why the drug addict is royally screwed
Certainly Rush's entire existence is threatened right now, but that's not even the worst of it for him. The worst of it is he's effectively muzzled for this election season. The ONLY power the drug addict has is by saying inflammatory things. He knows it. Now even if he does manage to hold on to his radio show he's effectively on probation which means he can't make any statements that are even remotely sexist or racist or homophobic for a good long while. A muzzled Rush means he won't be able to effectively stir up his racist, homophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic listeners to get them to the polls in a year when the GOP desperately needs them to show up.

Women's rights and gay rights are shaping up to be THE big issues this election cycle, and Rush won't be able to say much of anything about it. It's just one more nail in the GOP coffin.

ALL of the racism has been brought up by you DUmmies. Us on the right do not have a racist bone in our body.

Sherman A1 (8,565 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
2. Don't count on it

View profile
he will be roaring back next week, like it never happened.

Yup!

Syrinx (14,654 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
4. "Certainly Rush's entire existence is threatened right now"

View profile
What? That reptile has hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank. His "entire existence is threatened right now?"

What?

"The worst of it is he's effectively muzzled for this election season"

Really? He's on hundreds of radio stations across the nation. He can still spew his bile from coast to coast.

"he can't make any statements that are even remotely sexist or racist or homophobic for a good long while"

Are you serious? He's been making sexist, racist and homophobic statements for about thirty years now.

"A muzzled Rush..."

When was he muzzled? He had a few advertisers cancel. Others will replace them.

And I doubt that his ratings are really as big as they claim anyway. I think he's subsidized by the right-wing billionaires that are eating us alive.

You are seriously over-hyping the death of Rush Limbaugh. But I definitely hope I'm wrong.

You're not wrong.

ProfessionalLeftist (2,166 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
5. His employer is Premiere. They're owned by ClearChannel...

View profile
...who are owned by BAIN CAPITAL. One of the biggest sponsors of Limpball's program is Americans for Prosperity - the Koch Bros outfit.

Why would ya think Rush is going anywhere or that he'll be in any way forced to shut up? Personally, I seriously doubt it.

Here's the thing: Rush is the mouthpiece for the Republican Party. HE can say things THEY can't. Here's proof - they admitted it! ...

Santorum: "Rush can say things like that, he's an entertainer". In my business, I can't." (paraphrasing - look up his verbatim comments)

Cantor: "I wouldn't have used those words".

In other words, THEY COMPLETELY AGREE with what Rush said. However, they cannot say it the way Rush said it. They did not condemn it because they agree with it. But as politicians, they can't "say it that way". That's Rush Limbaugh's function in their camp. Limbaugh gives voice to GOP views - on women and everything else. He "says what they can't".

Given his importance to the GOP, I don't think he's going anywhere. OTOH, I'd be ever so happy to be wrong about that!

No. You provide a link.

If it was said, you most certainly are taking it out of context.

Lucky Luciano (4,579 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
12. I still think the economy is THE issue.

View profile
This birth control thing is such a manufactured issue. I cannot believe it is even considered debatable.

Don't worry. In 24 business hours, obama will again be at the forefront of discussion. All the way till November 6th.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: DUmmy Drug addicts think that Rush has screwed the pooch
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:52:43 PM »
I love it when they scream and holler and stamp their little sandal clad feet...all the while yelling "We have Rush this time" MORONS... :loser: :mental: :bs:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:04:44 PM »
someone else mention rush has a 4 year/$400 million dollar contract with clear channel. If they dump him, they STILL have to pay him that 400 mill.

So what is the benefit of dumping Rush? He would just move to other channels who are eager to take him.

Rush will quit when he is good and ready, not before.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:06:48 PM by Mr Mannn »

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »
Somemetimes I almost believe these DUmpmonkeys when they claim to never listen to Rush.

Rush has made nearly a billion dollars by magnifying controversies and making them entertaining.

He's never claimed to do anything else.

This birth-control blowup, while damaging to Republicans and a great help to the Kenyan, will do nothing to Rush except increase his already enormous audience, drive up his advertising rates, and increase his fortune.

Why haven't the DUmpmonkeys expressed outrage over Fat Ed Schultz calling Laura Ingraham a "slut"?