Author Topic: Why are kids shooting other kids? Because liberalism is a disease  (Read 920 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002362016

Tue Feb 28, 2012, 08:25 PM

Star Member undeterred (31,146 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile
Why are kids shooting other kids at school?
Yeah, this is a current events post. I was at work all day and I can't wrap my mind around this news story where 3 kids have died because somebody brought a gun to school. How does this keep happening? What makes a kid do this?

Liberal parenting policies.

You don't believe in discipline, therefore kids have no respect for authority. They know nothing can happen to them.

If a parent disciplines their kid, the kid calls the police who then throws the parent in jail.

You brought this on yourself. Live with it.

msongs (25,284 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
2. because it's so easy to get guns nt

Nope. It's harder to get guns today than it was 50 years ago.

Some idiot got shot in Dallas then things got worse.

Star Member Drahthaardogs (590 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
24. No. Because kids have no respect for parents, teachers, or each other.

View profile
I blame it on helicopter parents, a neutered school system, and parenting via xbox. I went to a rural high school, half of the senior boys had rifles in their trucks during deer season and shotguns during duck season. We never had issues.

Guns are not any easier to get today than they were in the past. Society has changed.

Dirty freeper mole.

wendylaroux (7 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
8. mental illness

View profile
seems to be alot of that in this country, and every where else for that matter.

You just checked into the asylum.

tularetom (15,520 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
9. Maybe it's a consequence of school authorities ignoring bullying

View profile
I heard that the kid who did the shooting was an outcast type who was bullied by other kids.

If the people in charge of the school did nothing to discourage the bullies and the kid felt he had nowhere to turn, well... Of course it's an extreme reaction and it's unacceptable but apparently it wasn't corrected.

They'll never be able to stop bully type behavior but it seems they just sort of wink at it these days.

Liberalism is the cause of bullying too.

Y'all think that all kids have equal abilities.

Little Johnny, a momma's boy, doesn't know which end of a bat to hold. Because the coach won't allow him to play on the baseball team, you sue. After causing the team to lose, cause little Johnny sucks. Members of the team beat his ass. You then blame everyone else because you raised a girly boy.

Little Johnny flunks a History test. The test asks who was the 43rd President and little Johnny answers Al Gore. It was stolen by George Bush and the Supreme Court. You think his answer is correct, so you get a lawyer and sue. Because of the negative publicity that the case bring on the school, smart students lose scholarships. Little Johnny gets his ass whooped. You then blame everyone else because you raised a DUmmy.

Star Member SidDithers (19,721 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
20. In this case, it may have been because the shooter's former girlfriend...

View profile
started dating one of the kids who was killed.

Raging hormones and unrequited love can be a tragic combination.

Sid

C'mon Sid. That excuse is as old as the hills.

Didn't Shakespeare cover that one?

Tom Ripley (511 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
28. Forced Moment of Silence and recitation of The Pledge of Allegiance

View profile
We had none of that shit when I was attending school, and no one ever brought a gun to school and started killing people.

There's no sarcasm tag. I wonder if he's serious or not.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Why are kids shooting other kids? Because liberalism is a disease
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:18:07 AM »
Because you liberal bastards took over the education system and started systematically drugging all of the ****ing kids up, you Communist goons.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »
You want to know why, DUmmies?

You.  You did it.  Well, maybe not you directly, but your mindset certainly has a lot to do with it.

Back not so long ago, kids were bullies, and kids were bullied.  But the bullied kids could fight back without fear of being punished under the zero-tolerance bullshit, and the bullies usually found out--usually the hard way--that kids would fight back eventually.

But you put a stop to all that.  Nobody fights, and nobody gets hurt, at least that's what you thought would happen.  But something much worse happened.

Both the bullies and the bullied stepped it up a few notches, because the bullies knew they wouldn't face trouble from either those they harmed or those in authority, and because the bullied couldn't fight back for fear not from being beaten up, but from being punished for defending themselves.

So both sides decided to up the ante, and a lot of kids decided to go the whole nine yards, some because they were psycho little shits with no fear of punishment or anyone who would stop them, and others because they saw no other way to stop the torment, since the system that was supposed to protect them had abandoned them.

Yeah, you created it.  Had you not stepped in and made defending yourself the same level of wrong as those who picked on others, and had you not stepped in and coddled the bullies who should have had their asses kicked, this wouldn't have gotten to the point it has today, DUmmies.

Think about it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »

You.  You did it.  Well, maybe not you directly, but your mindset certainly has a lot to do with it.

Back not so long ago, kids were bullies, and kids were bullied.  But the bullied kids could fight back without fear of being punished under the zero-tolerance bullshit, and the bullies usually found out--usually the hard way--that kids would fight back eventually.

But you put a stop to all that.  Nobody fights, and nobody gets hurt, at least that's what you thought would happen.  But something much worse happened.

Both the bullies and the bullied stepped it up a few notches, because the bullies knew they wouldn't face trouble from either those they harmed or those in authority, and because the bullied couldn't fight back for fear not from being beaten up, but from being punished for defending themselves.

So both sides decided to up the ante, and a lot of kids decided to go the whole nine yards, some because they were psycho little shits with no fear of punishment or anyone who would stop them, and others because they saw no other way to stop the torment, since the system that was supposed to protect them had abandoned them.

Yeah, you created it.  Had you not stepped in and made defending yourself the same level of wrong as those who picked on others, and had you not stepped in and coddled the bullies who should have had their asses kicked, this wouldn't have gotten to the point it has today, DUmmies.

Think about it.

^^^^^This!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 12:12:56 PM »
These high school shootings happen under demokrat presidents, not under republicans.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »
Always on target Sparky. Hi 5.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 05:09:42 PM »
Star Member undeterred (31,146 posts)

Why are kids shooting other kids at school?
Yeah, this is a current events post. I was at work all day and I can't wrap my mind around this news story where 3 kids have died because somebody brought a gun to school. How does this keep happening? What makes a kid do this?

Because willfully ignorant and lazy leftist ****s (like you) decided that morals and ethics were situational, human life was cheap, parents needed to ask the government before they could spank little Johnny's ass, bearing children out of wedlock could be a lucrative profession, patriots were suckers, and the unborn could be killed at the whim of their mother.  You preached a sermon of anything goes for 40+ years and now you are shocked that kids are this screwed up?

:whatever:

You sowed the wind, now you are reaping the whirlwind.  Eat it, leftist scum, it's all yours.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »
Can anyone post one fact that Madcow has ever found ? I hardly think she even knows where they exsist.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »
Because willfully ignorant and lazy leftist ****s (like you) decided that morals and ethics were situational, human life was cheap, parents needed to ask the government before they could spank little Johnny's ass, bearing children out of wedlock could be a lucrative profession, patriots were suckers, and the unborn could be killed at the whim of their mother.  You preached a sermon of anything goes for 40+ years and now you are shocked that kids are this screwed up?

You sowed the wind, now you are reaping the whirlwind.  Eat it, leftist scum, it's all yours.

Well said, Wasp.

Well said.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »
Well said, Wasp.

Well said.

Thank you, sir.   :-)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
Well said, Wasp.

Well said.

Well said, Big Dog.

Well said.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Tucker

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »
iverglas
56. that's a bit of a false dichotomy

The reality is that firearms are not going to be banned in our lifetimes.

Nobody here is suggesting they would or shoud be. There is a very long spectrum between the situation that exists in the US and banning firearms.

Generally speaking, people are only charged with allowing children access to firearms (or some other child-welfare related offence) once the child has taken the firearm and caused death or injury with it. There aren't a lot of laws in the US requiring safe/secure storage. Laws themselves do not alter behaviour, but laws + enforcement when the occasion arises + widespread public education and information campaigns can have an effect.

Such laws would also have an effect on the number of firearms stolen and put into criminal circulation. In the article I cited lower down the thread, a child got the father's handgun from his bedroom. (The old gun in the nighstand?) A burglar could have got it as easily, and does hundreds of times a year. Negligent storage has all kinds of knock-on effects.

But in the case of kids who are not gang-involved who take guns to school and shoot people, access in the home is the really big issue.

MineralMan (41,002 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
62. Laws regarding storage won't mean that firearms

View profile
are properly stored. All they will accomplish is provide a way to punish those who didn't store them properly after the fact. Some people will continue to keep firearms in unsafe places, despite the laws. Laws are used for punishment, not for getting people to do things, and people very commonly ignore them, as we can see every day on any freeway.

There are laws against drunk driving, too, and yet...

A far more effective way to deal with the rare incidents where a school student shoots people is to be aware of the things that contribute to the rage that induces such a student to act. If we were willing to work from that end of the situation, we'd have far better success than throwing new firearms storage laws at the problem. Think about it.

iverglas (36,844 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
68. I guess I didn't type what I thought I'd typed

View profile
Or you just decided to ignore it.

Laws regarding storage won't mean that firearms
are properly stored.

I SAID that laws alone do not accomplish much. I SAID that what was needed was enforcement when the occasion arose -- but which I did NOT mean only after harm had been done. No one is suggesting warrantless searches to check for loose firearms, but there are definitely occasions when such situations are observed and nothing is done about them. And I SAID that public education and information campaigns are an important element.

There are laws against drunk driving, too, and yet...

... and yet ... rates of drunk driving have plummeted, at least where I am. Laws, enforcement, and public information and education campaigns. Like I said.

A far more effective way to deal with the rare incidents where a school student shoots people is to be aware of the things that contribute to the rage that induces such a student to act. If we were willing to work from that end of the situation, we'd have far better success than throwing new firearms storage laws at the problem. Think about it.

"Think about it"??? Well, thank you, that's courteous of you. I'll have to assume that you don't know that I've been thinking out loud about "it" for a decade here at DU.

Yeah, sure, I'll think about it. Let's do mental health / personality assessments of every kid who enters school, identify the ones with problems, and then ... ? Assign minders to every one who scores problematic? Segregate them to isolate them from negative social influences that might cause them to go bang?

It's insulting to people with mental health problems to suggest that this is the reason some people go on killing rampages, as people so often suggest. People with mental illnesses simply do not commonly develop the kind of narcissism, resentment, rage, whatever, that are usually behind these situations. And it is really completely impossible to predict which problem child is going to decide to take out a dozen of their peers one fine day.

Certainly, let's work toward utopia, where there is no misogyny (one of the biggest factors behind firearms violence, like any other form of violence), no poverty, no mean kids in the schoolyard. But meanwhile, let's make sure all the problem people are well armed ...

Iverglas gets on a roll.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:45:27 PM by Tucker »
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 10:29:22 PM »
Quote from: iverglas

Certainly, let's work toward utopia, where there is no misogyny (one of the biggest factors behind firearms violence, like any other form of violence)...

Wait, misogyny was the reason for the Ohio school shooting? I thought bullying was the reason for the Ohio school shooting. Nadin the Magnificent said so.

The Canadian DUmmie needs to check herself before she wrecks herself. Soon she will feel the Wrath of Nads!

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 10:30:34 PM »
Well said, Big Dog.

Well said.
Well Said Tots,

Well said
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 04:34:04 AM »
Wait, misogyny was the reason for the Ohio school shooting? I thought bullying was the reason for the Ohio school shooting. Nadin the Magnificent said so.

The Canadian DUmmie needs to check herself before she wrecks herself. Soon she will feel the Wrath of Nads!

Now that would be a sight to behold.

A search engine against a condescending bitch.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 04:53:19 AM »
Now that would be a sight to behold.

A search engine against a condescending bitch.

This could be the next WWE pay-per-view!   :lol:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 07:15:27 AM »
Really iverglas? I myself was raised around firearms as well as my son. In my case the guns were either kept in an old school locker or in my mother's closet(my mother was a police officer). Nothing was locked up. What kept me away from the guns growing up was the fear of getting my ass beat if I so much had laid a pinky on them. When I was deemed old enough I was shown the proper way to handle a firearm. It took all the mystery out of it for me. The boy was raised the same way. I had a rule that you don't even touch a gun unless you are directly supervised by an adult. Funny how he never went and shot up his school because he was bullied and had access to unsecured guns. It's called parenting.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »

Think about it.

I would add, bullies used to get their ass kicked by the teacher, or the Vice Principal, as was the case when I went to school, or in the worst cases the Principal! Then, your parents received a phone call, or worse, you had to take a note home and hand it to Dad! You couldn't get back in school unless the parent answered back! That's when you got yer ass kicked again!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 03:01:10 PM »
Really iverglas? I myself was raised around firearms as well as my son. In my case the guns were either kept in an old school locker or in my mother's closet(my mother was a police officer). Nothing was locked up. What kept me away from the guns growing up was the fear of getting my ass beat if I so much had laid a pinky on them. When I was deemed old enough I was shown the proper way to handle a firearm. It took all the mystery out of it for me. The boy was raised the same way. I had a rule that you don't even touch a gun unless you are directly supervised by an adult. Funny how he never went and shot up his school because he was bullied and had access to unsecured guns. It's called parenting.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.

C.S. Lewis

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »

^^^
This.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself