Author Topic: FOx news anchor tells Maxine Waters to step away from the crack pipe  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002317942

Thu Feb 16, 2012, 12:57 PM

Star Member Cyrano (7,851 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Fox host compares Maxine Waters to Whitney Houston. Tells her to "step away from the crack pipe."

Last edited Thu Feb 16, 2012, 01:05 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
Every time you think the Republicans can't get any deeper into the sewer, they do. Here's the link:

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/fox-host-compares-rep-maxine-waters-to-whitney?ref=fpb

(It's a short piece and you can read it in less than a minute.)

Do you suppose that his comment had something to do with both women being black? Then again, when talking about Fox "News" do I really need to ask that question?

From link in OP:

FOX Host Compares Rep. Maxine Waters To Whitney Houston: 'Step Away From The Crack Pipe'

Bolling made the comment after he and his hosts had watched a video of Waters giving a speech in which she referred to the House Republican leaders, John Boehner and Eric Cantor, as "demons."

So waters can call people "Demons" and yet nobody can call her as they see her. Next to Shela Jackson Lee, waters is the stupidest person elected to any political office, ever.

Response to Cyrano (Original post)

Thu Feb 16, 2012, 01:03 PM

Star Member Amerigo Vespucci (27,660 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
2. Fox was on Whitney's death like flies on shit.

View profile
I posted the details the night she died.

They had some horrid "anchor" with a droning Long Island accent talking about some magazines that had photos of Whitney's home showing a crack pipe and "stuff AWL OVAH the place." Said she should have been arrested and forced into rehab. This was within MINUTES of the news that she died.

YES, Whitney had drug and alcohol problems that she admitted many times in interviews.

But Fox just can't resist "connecting the dots" to other black women. Sadly, no one calls them on this garbage. The option is basically the grass roots move of threatening to boycott Fox advertisers. Money talks, everything else goes in one ear and out the other.

Oh boy!! ANOTHER BOYCOTT!!!!!!

Thu Feb 16, 2012, 01:08 PM

Star Member Lint Head (7,754 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
6. These are racist code words that are not so subtle.

The jig is up. You caught us.

waters is an idiot. No wait. She's a black idiot.

Thu Feb 16, 2012, 01:18 PM

Star Member HockeyMom (7,485 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
11. Slander/Defamation of Character

View profile
Ms. Walters is a public official. She was specifically called a drug addict (crack pipe) over the national airwaves. This smears her reputation amoung the general population as representing her district, and the people who elected her. It implies she is not capable of doing her job.

Bad, bad, bad. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Fox to hear what their lawyers are saying to this stupid host. A comment like "what is she smoking" is just vague enough, but "Put down the crack pipe" is VERY specific and leaves no doubt what he was calling her.

And as such, I'm free to say what I want to about her. She'll take it a shut up about it.

Response to HockeyMom (Reply #11)

Thu Feb 16, 2012, 01:44 PM

Star Member jaysunb (7,232 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
15. I feel a lawsuit coming....

View profile
This, will be a slam dunk !

Another fine example as a DUmmy.

Response to jaysunb (Reply #15)

Thu Feb 16, 2012, 02:02 PM

Star Member onenote (19,602 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
18. I hope that's not your expert opinion as a lawyer

View profile

Last edited Thu Feb 16, 2012, 02:04 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
There are few "slam dunk" defamation cases and they are particularly hard to bring if you are a public official or a public figure. "Put down the crack pipe", like "lay off the booze" and other similar sayings have both literal and non-literal meanings. I'm fairly confident that Waters isn't going to win a big lawsuit. She won't even bother to bring one.

And before people take this the wrong way, I am in no way condoning the statement about Waters. It was highly offensive. But not everything that is highly offensive is legally actionable.

:lmao:

Response to a kennedy (Reply #20)

Thu Feb 16, 2012, 05:39 PM

noiretextatique (20,075 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
23. i am sure colorofchange.org will be on this

View profile
i expect an email today or tomorrow with a petition for faux.
http://colorofchange.org/

Who?

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: FOx news anchor tells Maxine Waters to step away from the crack pipe
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »
I remember the outrage they had, when Herman Cain was told to lay off the crack pipe, oh wait.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 06:34:44 PM »
I always liked listening to Eric Bolling.  And, he got himself and his family into shooting not too long ago.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 06:39:23 PM »
Quote from "Tucker"
"The jig is up. You caught us."

When I post my idea for a new topic "Words you can't say that rhyme with, or sound like bigger" This is one of the words going right to the top of the list. Libs say they're for free speech, while they're using verbal extortion to quell it.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »
Quote from "Tucker"
"The jig is up. You caught us."

When I post my idea for a new topic "Words you can't say that rhyme with, or sound like bigger" This is one of the words going right to the top of the list. Libs say they're for free speech, while they're using verbal extortion to quell it.

They'll get over it. If they don't, **** em.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 06:53:07 PM »
I remember the outrage they had, when Herman Cain was told to lay off the crack pipe, oh wait.

If I could H5 you, I would (I believe I am only a couple of posts away from that "milestone" though)
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 07:39:08 PM »

I have heard nothing from Gloria All Red, and all the accusers of Herman Caine. This leads me to believe they had an agenda, and not a grievance.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »

I thought the allegations against Herman involved a different, but no less polically damaging, type of crack.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »
Ms. Walters is a public official. She was specifically called a drug addict (crack pipe) over the national airwaves. This smears her reputation amoung the general population as representing her district, and the people who elected her. It implies she is not capable of doing her job.

Well she isn't, and  I would hazard a guess that the majority of the people who elected her were smoking crack as well.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 09:52:38 PM »
Hey, LURKING DUMBASSES! I think Hank Johnson, Corrine Brown, Sheila Jackson-Lee, AND Maxine Waters need to lay off the crack pipe. They're either on crack, or they're too illiterate to serve and only serve because their constituents are also illiterate.

You pick which one.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
Amerigo Vespucci

2. Fox was on Whitney's death like flies on shit.

Did he just call Whitney Houston, shit?

Is that some racist dog whistle code speak about her skin color?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 10:20:15 PM »
Did he just call Whitney Houston, shit?

Is that some racist dog whistle code speak about her skin color?
Well, they are Democrats, they cling to the party of racism like white on rice.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 11:02:56 PM »
HELL at least if she was on crack it would explain the insane amount of stupid shit that flys out of her pie hole.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »
Like ugly on ape.
Don't get me going, I got a million of 'em.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 04:43:08 AM »

Changing ones spots after 100+ years of being the party of racists is hard to do.

They haven't changed. It's all an illusion.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 04:50:16 AM »
Maxine Waters need to pull her head out of her ass and get some oxygen to her brain. 

You just don't make up that kind of stupid.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 07:23:39 AM »
So according to the DUmmie, only black people smoke crack?