Author Topic: Thug killed by CCW packing diner trying to rob Waffle House at gunpoint  (Read 2357 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Thug killed by CCW packing diner trying to rob Waffle House at gunpoint
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 05:50:36 AM »
Response to Warpy (Reply #12)

Sat Jan 21, 2012, 12:35 PM

Snake Alchemist (477 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
17. I agree. He should have waited until after the robber killed or at least wounded someone. nt

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This is my favorite reply, warped sense of humor that I have. 

In all fairness to the CCW, he/she used good sense not firing more then once, bullets do ricochet and there could have been small kids in the way.   

We tend to freeze when something bad happens, takes precious seconds for our brain to Analise unexpected input.
Mostly we see what we expect to see, anything out of the ordinary if traumatic enough can cause us to  time to gather our Witt's.   This was a traumatic experience for everyone in the building.   

Clear and present danger, some idiot waving a gun around that could accidentally or on purpose fire the weapon,
this must have happend in a heart beat, no time for anyone to take cover or even know what was going on.

This young man was old enough to be a father, vote, pay taxes, fight for their country, I shed no tears for his death,  his responsibility's were at that point those of any man 3 times his age.

The CCW stated he did nothing until the hoodlum pointed their gun at them, well there you go, self defence.

But as was shown in New Hampshire CCW can get one in a mess.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2012, 06:00:19 AM »
Then again, if I do hit him in the leg with a Black Talon, he's liable to bleed out anyway after I sever his f'n femoral artery. Hmm, what's better DUmbasses?  :stirpot:

But Rebel, bleeding out from a leg wound might take up to 5 minutes. If wounding perp is the goal, better to give him one in the gun arm shoulder to reduce the chances of return fire.

Then readjust your aim and crack his sternum.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2012, 07:13:34 AM »
The first shot should always be a kill shot. Wounding just gives them another opportunity to take your life/others' lives.

Not to mention the perp could/would hire a DUmmie lawyer and sue the CCW'er, Waffle House, Spartanburg, South Carolina (for past racial prejudices), the gun manufacturer, etc., for "interfering with him providing for his family", or some shit like that.

CCW'er just saved the taxpayers possible millions of dollars in medical bills, legal fees, and helped relieve future prison overcrowding.

Too bad this didn't happen last Saturday.  We were passing thru Spartanburg to Greenville.  Mrs. Diesel would have had an opportunity to try out her new CCW permit.   :-)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012, 07:25:23 AM »
Not to mention the perp could/would hire a DUmmie lawyer and sue the CCW'er, Waffle House, Spartanburg, South Carolina (for past racial prejudices), the gun manufacturer, etc., for "interfering with him providing for his family", or some shit like that.

CCW'er just saved the taxpayers possible millions of dollars in medical bills, legal fees, and helped relieve future prison overcrowding.

Too bad this didn't happen last Saturday.  We were passing thru Spartanburg to Greenville.  Mrs. Diesel would have had an opportunity to try out her new CCW permit.   :-)

Nope.

"Stand you ground" laws prevent this.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »
Nope.

In most places, but I believe there was something in California where a burglar fell thru a skylite, sued the homeowner for injuries and won.

Let us also not forget Bernhard Goetz.  He still owes the scum he shot and paralyzed $43 million.

"Stand your ground" laws will hamper this, but they hasn't prevented it, especially in blue state hellholes.  Best to make sure the SOB is DRT before the cops arrive.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 08:42:19 AM »
I was trained to shoot to stop. If the perps heart and breathing stop as well then the threat is extra neutralized.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2012, 08:48:52 AM »
No Iverglas but Pammy has to jump in the conversation.
demtenjeep
48. the hubs and I have our concealed carry

View profile
hubs carries a lot, me not so much, just have it when I travel alone.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 08:54:19 AM »
No Iverglas but Pammy has to jump in the conversation.

She owns a Glock and a pink Charter Arms snubbie.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 11:49:44 AM »
I have no tolerance for violence against women; it's a despicable act in virtually every case.

But I'd consider it a strong mitigating factor if the victim had persisted in calling the perpetrator "the hubs".

Sometimes, enough is simply enough.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »
Nope.

For criminal cases; don't trust a jury when it comes to a civil case.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »
Down the road a piece from us a gentleman walked into a Drug Store for a few items.  He took his items and paid for them with cash and exited the store to get into his truck to go home.

This man had a CCW and when he reached for his wallet some hysterical person saw the butt of his gun.   This good citizen proceded to get the store locked down, and had not just the local towns but the State police looking for him.

One hell of a waste of man power for a suspicious person in the mind of another.   Darn this was a circle jerk as  this poor citizen soon found him self corned with both town and State cops.  Hell of a mess for the driver, out of the truck on the ground and he had no idea why.   Funny the cops themselves had no idea why they had to find him except they were told he was armed and to stop him. This could have taken a very bad turn for everybody.

Lesson for CCW, make sure the weapon is totally out of sight from anyone, or wear it in the open carry. It took hours to sort all this out with the store  the Police and the citizen, hours spent that need not have happend.

For some reason open carry is ignored but get a CCW that has a weapon under their clothing and people see it , they panic, don"t know why, but a fact of life in this area.