Author Topic: snagglepuss wants to sue Mastercard- his $50 gift card was worth $27  (Read 3287 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Re: snagglepuss wants to sue Mastercard- his $50 gift card was worth $27
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 12:40:25 PM »
:o

In the interest of full disclosure I should point out while cleaning out a draw of stuff last week I ran across a bunch of unused Barnes and Noble gift cards recieved over the years.  As it occurs I had also just been reading the list of businesses predicted to fail in 2012 which included B&N so I decided to look the cards up on line and see if they were still good.  I had no idea if they had any expiration date but figured I certainly could find out. 

It was a simple matter of typing the numbers in to B&N site and giving the pin code to find out what the cards were worth.  After that I took my 'wish' list of books and managed to erase the gift cards AND get free shipping.   Since I am not a big fan of B&N my initial thought had been to investigate turning the cards into ready cash at an online site such as:

http://www.coinstar.com/FreeCoinCounting

or

http://www.ehow.com/how_4593082_sell-gift-card.html

:lol:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »
I've never seen any episode.
I never watched a single episode when it was broadcast originally.
I've since seen every one at least twice.  
Same thing with Arrested Development.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 12:50:01 PM »
Barnes & Noble are supposed to fail? Glad I didn't buy a Nook then.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 01:42:42 PM »
Stale-dating: It can turn $50,000,000.00 into nothing.

BS for quoting vesta

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 01:55:02 PM »
In the interest of full disclosure I should point out while cleaning out a draw of stuff last week I ran across a bunch of unused Barnes and Noble gift cards recieved over the years.  As it occurs I had also just been reading the list of businesses predicted to fail in 2012 which included B&N so I decided to look the cards up on line and see if they were still good.  I had no idea if they had any expiration date but figured I certainly could find out. 

It was a simple matter of typing the numbers in to B&N site and giving the pin code to find out what the cards were worth.  After that I took my 'wish' list of books and managed to erase the gift cards AND get free shipping.   Since I am not a big fan of B&N my initial thought had been to investigate turning the cards into ready cash at an online site such as:

http://www.coinstar.com/FreeCoinCounting

or

http://www.ehow.com/how_4593082_sell-gift-card.html

:lol:

I just found out my Borders gift cards are now useless, wonder if I should sue.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »
I just found out my Borders gift cards are now useless, wonder if who I should sue.  :-)

FIFY  I smell class action here.  Quick, call the offices of James Suckalot and Love PA. :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »
I've never seen any episode.

That's still a mention :cheersmate: :-)