Author Topic: Man who was shot & wife killed when Giffords was shot bitch slapped obama  (Read 857 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002150502

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:13 PM

Star Member KathieG (1,891 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Man who lost wife in Tucson shootings says Giffords makes him sick
"A 77-year-old Arizona man whose wife was killed in last year’s mass shooting in Tucson said the sight of fellow victim Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, makes him want to vomit, according to the UK’s Daily Mail online.

George Morris, 77, was shot in the leg and back in the attack just over a year ago as he tried to protect his wife from the gunman. Dorothy Morris, 76, was killed after the couple had gone to the Safeway supermarket to quiz Giffords on her political opinions.

Morris, who describes himself as ‘ultra-conservative’, even refused a visit from President Obama while he recovered in hospital following the shootings in Arizona."

more...

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2012/01/10/man-who-lost-wife-in-tucson-shootings-says-giffords-makes-him-sick/

Wow.

Response to KathieG (Original post)

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:17 PM

Star Member ProudToBeBlueInRhody (6,960 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
2. Yup, if Giffords and Obama hadn't been such dirty libruls.....

View profile
.....Laughner wouldn't have had to go shoot her.

Sad.....sad. I'd like to think the man is just emotional, but apparently, he just has the sickness of being a right-wing hatemonger.

Response to ProudToBeBlueInRhody (Reply #2)

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:28 PM

Star Member Riftaxe (1,602 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
11. Are you privy to some information

View profile

Last edited Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:29 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
that so far has eluded the prosecution, the media and everyone else?

You're going out on a very weak limb.

Response to Riftaxe (Reply #11)

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:30 PM

Star Member ProudToBeBlueInRhody (6,960 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
12. In what respect, Charlie?

View profile

Last edited Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:31 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
I'm referring to the state of mind of the husband in the article.

Then why was the subject of your post Laughner?

Response to ProudToBeBlueInRhody (Reply #12)

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:46 PM

Star Member Riftaxe (1,602 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
22. In the fact that Loughner was from all reports

View profile
apolitical. Sure he was a Truther, but we keep a few tame Truthers here on DU over in Creative speculation.

Just inquiring as to what evidence you have that Gifford and the others killed and injured that day were part of a political act.

The exact statement that raises the question is your assertion

"Yup, if Giffords and Obama hadn't been such dirty libruls.....
.....Laughner wouldn't have had to go shoot her. "

Maybe I am just sarcasm impaired tonight

Response to obamanut2012 (Reply #24)

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 09:06 PM

Star Member MADem (66,173 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
29. Heh heh--that was ME!

View profile
He didn't deserve to get shot, but you'd think it would open his eyes to the "Big Picture" of suffering, as so many were maimed and killed that day. He has so much in common with them, but he won't acknowledge it. Instead, he continues on the "I'm A Big Dickhead and I LIKE It" path, for the few remaining years of his sorry-ass life.

Some people just don't get it; he's one of 'em. His loss. He'll figure it out in his final days, and he'll probably be sorry. Or maybe not. Ya never know with mean people.

Real classy.

Response to LonePirate (Reply #3)

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:56 PM

RBInMaine (7,455 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
27. What else could be expected from a racist asshole TeaNut. Piss on him. His loss is no excuse.

Response to RBInMaine (Reply #27)

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 09:13 PM

Star Member rustydog (6,115 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
35. I hear Walmart has a sale on hearts...maybe you should get in line.

View profile
This guy probably dislikes all Democrats. The shooting would not necessarily change his political bent.
But to minimize his horrible loss, the person he loved dearly is not a good way to go about it.

Love the Walmart reference.

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:18 PM

Ecumenist (3,454 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
6. Apparently, he sustained brain damage in the shooting...

View profile
bless his pointy little head...

The guy's a conservative. Klansmen are democrats. How many times do you need to be reminded of this?

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 09:11 PM

Star Member BigDemVoter (176 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
31. Poor Old Geezer has a screw loose somewhere. . . .

View profile
Doesn't even know whom to blame. . . Poor befuddled old goat. . . Perhaps HE was shot in the head?

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:24 PM

Star Member mysuzuki2 (1,671 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
59. I'm very sorry this man lost his wife and I'm sorry he was shot himself.

View profile
No one deserves to have those things happen. That being said however, **** him.

We'll end this one with sour grapes from a gun grabber.

Wed Jan 11, 2012, 05:18 AM

Star Member ellisonz (11,728 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
71. I think it's sad this thread has so many comments...

View profile
...and my threads on the Tucson anniversary in GD got so few.

I'm kicking them all up because of this thread

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
He, like everyone there that day, was exercising his constitutional rights and has every right to express his opinion now as well.  Do I agree with him?  Not really.  I would be concerned about any one of the victims and wouldn't have even turned down a visit from the One himself (what better way to tell him what a sorry SOB he is?).  Why does his opinion become invalidated just because the DUmpmonkeys disagree with him?  And why does he get smeared with the "racist" card with no evidence to back it up?0
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
I get sick when I look at a liberal...I thought this was a common thing? :lmao:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Rufus2010

The pure sight of a DUmmie makes me sick. :-)

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
The pure sight of a DUmmie makes me sick. :-)
Not to mention the smell.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
Not to mention the smell.

Shit, just wait till they open their mouth. 

Fun times.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
speaking of stinky......

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline MrsSmith

He, like everyone there that day, was exercising his constitutional rights and has every right to express his opinion now as well.  Do I agree with him?  Not really.  I would be concerned about any one of the victims and wouldn't have even turned down a visit from the One himself (what better way to tell him what a sorry SOB he is?).  Why does his opinion become invalidated just because the DUmpmonkeys disagree with him?  And why does he get smeared with the "racist" card with no evidence to back it up?0
Because all conservatives are racist...if we weren't, we'd agree with everything Obama wants to do.  Of course.   :mental: :mental: :mental:

Never mind that using race to defend policy is actually racist.   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
well when you get shot twice protecting your wife, who subsequencly still loses her life...

you get to say whatever you want about the situation. if you dont like what he says, wait until your in his shoes and get your chance to say what ever you want then.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

well when you get shot twice protecting your wife, who subsequencly still loses her life...

you get to say whatever you want about the situation. if you dont like what he says, wait until your in his shoes and get your chance to say what ever you want then.

+1

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

Re: Man who was shot & wife killed when Giffords was shot bitch slapped obama
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 11:45:40 AM »
The man (IIRC put his body in front of the communist psycho, BIRM, shooter to protect his wife) refused a political campaign visit from 0bama and he is the asshole?

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.