Author Topic: a bouncy from the huffpo  (Read 989 times)

Offline Big Don

• Well, there's nothing I won't do; but some things are gonna cost you extra.
a bouncy from the huffpo
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:46:39 PM »
Dear Customer Who Stuck Up For His Little Brother
Posted: 1/7/12 12:01 PM ET
Huffington Post excerpt:

You thought I didn't really notice. But I did. I wanted to high-five you.

Yesterday I had a pair of brothers in my store. One was maybe between 15 and 17. He was a wrestler at the local high school. Kind of tall, stocky and handsome. He had a younger brother, who was maybe about 10 to 12 years old. The only way to describe him was scrawny, neat, and very clean for a boy his age. They were talking about finding a game for the younger one, and he was absolutely insisting it be one with a female character. I don't know how many of y'all play games, but that isn't exactly easy. Eventually, I helped the brothers pick a game called "Mirror's Edge." The youngest was pretty excited about the game, and then he specifically asked me, "Do you have any girl color controllers?" I directed him to the only colored controllers we have, which include pink and purple ones. He grabbed the purple one, and informed me purple was his FAVORITE.

The boys had been taking awhile, so their father eventually came in. He saw the game, and the controller, and started in on the youngest about how he needs to pick something different. Something more manly. Something with guns and fighting, and certainly not a purple controller. He tried to convince him to get the new Zombie game "Dead Island" and the little boy just stood there repeating, "Dad, this is what I want, OK?" Eventually it turned into a full-blown argument complete with Dad threatening to whoop his son if he didn't choose different items.
End Excerpt
Oh bullshit. Having had an older brother and been an older brother, I can tell you this is well nigh unpossible.
Change You can deceive in!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: a bouncy from the huffpo
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »
So bouncies arent confined to DU I see.

Offline andhe78

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 10:52:03 PM »
Last paragraph is awesome:
That's when big brother stepped in. He said to his dad, "It's my money, it's my gift to him. If it's what he wants, I'm getting it for him, and if you're going to hit anyone for it, it's going to be me." Dad just gave his oldest son a strong stern stare-down, and then left the store. Little brother was crying quietly. I walked over and ruffled his hair (yes, this happened all in front of me). I said, "I'm a girl, and I like the color blue, and I like shooting games. There's nothing wrong with what you like. Even if it's different than what people think you should." I smiled, he smiled back (my heart melted!). Big brother then leaned down, kissed little brother on the head, and said, "Don't worry, dude."

I'm with don, being and having brothers, I can guarantee the older brother did not kiss his younger brother.....in front of a female video store clerk. 

I can't figure out why so much effort is taken to describe people in these bouncies, so you had a couple kids in your store, one looked about sixteen and the other eleven.  What is so hard about just saying that?  Why does it seem to often be "they looked to be between one age and another age, then several descriptive words after."  The way these two kids looked has absolutely no effect on the story.  If you're going to make stuff up, keep it simple.

Offline kraven

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 11:01:23 PM »
Would the clerk have had the same warm fuzzies if the big brother was buying the little bro a cool, sleek toy gun and the asshole liberal daddy burst in to protest and told the kids to put it back? Some how I doubt that would have warmed her heart. ::)

Everything about that story screams bullshit. 10 yr old was "very clean" for his age? Who the hell says things like that?  Kid comes in with no idea what game he wants, just wants to make sure it has a female character? And as if that tidbit wasn't enough, kid also insists on a purple controller? And Mr. Money bags 15 yr old is buying all this with his own money? And dad burst in threatening an ass-kicking to his kid, but when Mr Money big bro steps up and talks shit to his face, daddy cowers down? And then big brother seals it all with a kiss and the clerk fondles the kids hair to reassure him. :bs:

Sounds like a really bad Lifetime movie. :lmao:

Offline Big Don

• Well, there's nothing I won't do; but some things are gonna cost you extra.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 12:50:18 AM »

Everything about that story screams bullshit. 10 yr old was "very clean" for his age? Who the hell says things like that? 
Joe ****ing Biden, of course, he would have also mentioned the kid was articulate...
Change You can deceive in!

Offline cmypay

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 07:49:28 AM »
I have three children and the quickest way to tell the are lying is when they add in too many details...seems to be a pretty good way to tell when adults are making shit up too.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 07:59:59 AM »
Sounds like a really bad Lifetime movie.
  You stole my post, Kraven!   :lmao:

Whether it comes from Pufpo or the DUmp, this is the kind of story that the DUmmies would lap up, slobbering all the while.  The most gullible people on earth.  Amazing they haven't been swindled out of their very last dime. 

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 08:11:35 AM »
"Do you have any girl color controllers?"

Are you freaking serious?  There is no way a 10 year old clean cut articulate boy  :rofl: would even ask that.  I have 4 kids, and if there is one thing I know it's kids.  This story has bullshit all over it from the over the top details to the feel good warm and fuzzy lifetime like physical contact.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
  You stole my post, Kraven!   :lmao:

Whether it comes from Pufpo or the DUmp, this is the kind of story that the DUmmies would lap up, slobbering all the while.  The most gullible people on earth.  Amazing they haven't been swindled out of their very last dime.  

They have... and then they just demand some of ours, because it's not fair that we have some and they don't.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 10:25:18 AM »
Yeah, right. :whatever: Like a kid would say that. Negative-10 bongs. Fail from start to finish, but at least it followed the bouncy format.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:30:16 AM by blitzkrieg_17 »
Caught somewhere in time

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 11:33:04 AM »
I have three children and the quickest way to tell the are lying is when they add in too many details...seems to be a pretty good way to tell when adults are making shit up too.

I have been reading a book on spotting lies and it says that studies show that too many details ( in both face to face talking and in text ) is a pretty good indecation that some one is iying.
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »
Yeah, right. :whatever: Like a kid would say that. Negative-10 bongs. Fail from start to finish, but at least it followed the bouncy format.

So you're permitting the dad to substitute for a cop jumping out of the bushes?  Feeling generous in the new year I see.  :-)
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »
A comment from the pufpo blog:

Crypl .0 Fans .1 hour ago(12:14 PM) I am a father of 4 (2 Boys, 2 Girls). The eldest boy is 7 and is very much into playing house, caring for dolls, and playing video games. He's totally into super hero's too. We do no discourage him from doing either and I had to have it out with my father the first time he said something negative to my son for wanting to play house. He total adores girls and has these perfect innocent crushes and wants to do things like give them flowers and lip gloss. I attribute this to him enjoying both sides of the fence and not being stiffled. I am convinced that because of the way he handles himself that he will grow to be a finer father, and better husband then I could dream of being.

He ain't going to be any husband or father.  Best friend, maybe.   :lmao:

Here's another one I have a real big problem with:

mattmc318 .1 Fans .12 hours ago( 1:56 AM) Adding an LGBT tag to this article doesn't necessaril­y point out that he's gay. I think it would be appropriat­e to classify him as LGBT, because he represents the 'T' in that acronym (transgend­ered). The term refers to several different classifica­tions of gender identity, while none of which are rigidly defined as male or female. The little brother in this case fits into the LGBT category because he is gender non-confor­ming, and the older brother supports LGBT rights by defending him.

That's that liberal obsession with pidgeonholing everyone.  They can't resist doing it.  Some dope on the internet just "classifies" the kid into this LGBT world.  Who the hell is he?  

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 02:18:18 PM »
So you're permitting the dad to substitute for a cop jumping out of the bushes?  Feeling generous in the new year I see.  :-)

LOL. I could've given a worse score, but no number can express just how badly this one fails.
Caught somewhere in time