Author Topic: 17 YO dies after stopping treatment for cancer to give birth  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: 17 YO dies after stopping treatment for cancer to give birth
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 10:51:40 AM »
You're surprised?

Well actually I am.  I would think that she would have been run out of the CC to be honest for that.  :mental:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 10:55:16 AM »
Well actually I am.  I would think that she would have been run out of the CC to be honest for that.  :mental:

Actually, from the gist of her latest ramblings (no other word to describe them, really), she sounds like she thinks that she was duped by Hopey McChangesnorter.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »
I would think that she would have been run out of the CC to be honest for that.  :mental:

Nah, not for voting for the wrong guy.  Besides, we have to have someone around who we can look at and hold up as a standard for the "wow, I thought I was hosed up" moments.

Call it the "Springer effect".

:-)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 11:42:10 AM »

We're not DU.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 12:00:55 PM »
Definetly changes my thoughts on vesta and her posts. 

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 12:51:05 PM »
Call it the "Springer effect".
That's a good observation.

Whenever someone quotes a vestanumbers post (don't see them otherwise, she's on ignore) the first thing that comes
to mind is a picture of the audience at a Jerry Springer or Maury Povich show.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 12:53:08 PM »
(596)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »
 :rofl:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 03:12:26 PM »
No, stupid, they wouldn't have.  Where do you come up with this crap?

Oh yes they did, very surprising how people will react when a pregnant child is facing perhaps death that they could avoid just by having a procedure done. ----------- Their thinking not mine.

I found that some very conservitive people are conservitive when others are effected, when it comes to their own family all that goes out the window. Both sides of the family were in an uproar on who would raise my kids if I died, and one in law told me I had no way of knowing  if both me and the baby would die.

They were hardly a joyfull supportive bunch, they were terrified that I was making the worse decision I could make for my other 2 kids and both sides of the family would have their lives changed forever.

I made the right decision, but that was not the worse of it, 9 months later I found out I was again pregnant.

This time they acted like I was deliberately getting pregnant just to spite them.    My in laws refused to even speak to me and my parents were in shock.   

My 4 baby's, each one a gift from God, all still alive today, 6 grandchildren, the Good Lord was very kind to me,
A Priest once told me that God had plans in the future for these kids, perhaps I would not live long enough to ever know why he sent these baby's to me but somewhere in the following generations his will , will be done.

WASP, there is something about a sudden death that shocks, surprises and causes family's to pull together.

Anticipating a death for months at a time, can drive one into doing and saying things that they never would think of saying otherwise.  I finally realised  that after 2 long years watching my Dad die.   

The kids grandparents were the old generation WW2 vets and were still confused how the generation of their parents could have allowed the death camps and the internment camps to exist. I have to believe they were having a hard time understanding the hippies, the protests and in their 60's scared of having to raise grandkids when their own health was not great.

They were Conservatives of the time all so different from today.--------or were they ????

And yes I did vote for for Obama, and Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned.    That SOB tricked me, the slippery snake, for some reason I suspended reality when I believed he could better the world.   

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »
What happened to the DUmmies and a "Womans right to choose"?
A woman's right to choose ends at the point where she's bringing "too many people' into this world.

:mental:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 12:07:18 AM »
Vesta is our Nadin.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 05:32:12 AM »
Vesta is our Nadin.

I can't believe I'm doing this . . .

Not quite, milady.  Nadin tries to sound high and mighty, and comes across as condescending.  Vesta just tries to sound . . . and comes across as rambling, but every now and then, she does have a moment of crystal-clear lucidity.  I think that one could count the total number of Nadin supporters without taking off their shoes and socks.  Vesta?  Not only would I have to take off my shoes and socks, but so would you, and Coach, and deb, and chris, and BEG, and Gina . . . I think that you get the picture.

(GOBUCKS wouldn't have to. :tongue: )
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2011, 05:45:31 AM »
I've had to deal with cancer on a fairly close-to-home basis in the past.

There comes a point where you say "**** it. The treatment has pretty much a zero percent chance of succeeding and it'll make me feel like complete ass for my last remaining days on earth".  You're dead either way and chances are you know it.

How can they begrudge someone for wanting to leave a piece of them self behind knowing it was a last resort to do so ?

Shouldn't a bunch of people who would insist on a Darwinian model of existence praise a person who propagated their genetic material - as a last resort when they knew they were going to depart the gene pool ?

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 05:55:37 AM »
I've had to deal with cancer on a fairly close-to-home basis in the past.

There comes a point where you say "**** it. The treatment has pretty much a zero percent chance of succeeding and it'll make me feel like complete ass for my last remaining days on earth".  You're dead either way and chances are you know it.

How can they begrudge someone for wanting to leave a piece of them self behind knowing it was a last resort to do so ?

Shouldn't a bunch of people who would insist on a Darwinian model of existence praise a person who propagated their genetic material - as a last resort when they knew they were going to depart the gene pool ?

When it's someone who doesn't share their views, their sacrament of abortion continues to be their Holy Grail.

Chase her.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2011, 08:24:43 AM »
When it's someone who doesn't share their views, their sacrament of abortion continues to be their Holy Grail.
Yep, women should have "choice," but the only correct choice is to abort.  Their hatred of children is absolute.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 09:03:35 AM »
Yep, women should have "choice," but the only correct choice is to abort.  Their hatred of children is absolute.

Target, ceasefire . . . and the H5.

Chase her.

Offline terry

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this.  If the story is true, that she was likely to die no matter what, then it's not really about the mom anymore.   

When I just read the posts, I thought she specifically tried to get pregnant so she could leave a baby behind.  I think that would have been a very poor choice.  The child's mother is dead, his father is a teenager, his grandparents are divorced.  I'm sure he will be loved, but it's not an ideal situation.

After reading the article, I realized she had unprotected sex, because she and her boyfriend thought she was sterile.  I still think having unprotected sex under those circumstances was still a poor choice. 

Not aborting the baby, however; was the right thing to do.  His situation is not ideal, but whose is?  It's certainly better than being killed by your mom.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2011, 02:43:34 PM »
Quote from: vesta111 on December 30, 2011, 06:15:19 am
Now had she been 30 years old with 3-4 other kids , oh yes even the Conservatives would have come down on her.

" How can YOU do this to your family, if you have this child and die leaving the family to raise the other kids, there will be just one more child to find a home for.   The children you have need a mother, if not giving birth to this child could mean you have a chance to live a few more years with them, Why take the chance on destroying the lives of the living children for the sake of the unborn"??

Vista I had two children (one 7 and the other 5) and was 32 when I found out I was pregnant. I was on a chemotherapy drug (methotrexate) that causes miscarriage and spina bifida.  I have a disease (takayasu arthritis) that they have very little imformation on in regards to pregnancy. I had had a stroke 4 years earlier, had two arteries totally blocked from inflammation, one artery with reverse flow and three with stints. I was told not to have any more kids.  My doctors told me to abort for a multitude of reasons...I didn't give it a second thought. 

From the moment I found out I was pregnant she was my daughter.  You offend me with your "Why take the chance on destroying the lives of the living children for the sake of the unborn".  I would do it over again in a heart beat, even without the guarentee of the same outcome.   

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2011, 05:02:30 PM »
Vista I had two children (one 7 and the other 5) and was 32 when I found out I was pregnant. I was on a chemotherapy drug (methotrexate) that causes miscarriage and spina bifida.  I have a disease (takayasu arthritis) that they have very little imformation on in regards to pregnancy. I had had a stroke 4 years earlier, had two arteries totally blocked from inflammation, one artery with reverse flow and three with stints. I was told not to have any more kids.  My doctors told me to abort for a multitude of reasons...I didn't give it a second thought. 

From the moment I found out I was pregnant she was my daughter.  You offend me with your "Why take the chance on destroying the lives of the living children for the sake of the unborn".  I would do it over again in a heart beat, even without the guarentee of the same outcome.   

You're my kinda gal.  :cheersmate:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2011, 05:50:20 PM »
Remember DU's outrage of the 19 year old hypochondriac drug addict habitual liar attention whore from #OccupyWherever that claimed the police killed her 3 month old unborn child?

DU doesn't
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2011, 08:18:05 PM »

Your last paragraph made me tear up.  Great mom!  I have taken the meth shot many times due to ectopic pregnancies and it was horrible knowing what it was going to do to my baby.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2011, 09:17:06 PM »
Your last paragraph made me tear up.  Great mom!  I have taken the meth shot many times due to ectopic pregnancies and it was horrible knowing what it was going to do to my baby.

How many ectopic pregnancies have you had Gina?  :( I had three misscarriages between my two older children. Each one was very hard on me.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2011, 09:54:24 PM »
I can't believe I'm doing this . . .

Not quite, milady.  Nadin tries to sound high and mighty, and comes across as condescending.  Vesta just tries to sound . . . and comes across as rambling, but every now and then, she does have a moment of crystal-clear lucidity.  I think that one could count the total number of Nadin supporters without taking off their shoes and socks.  Vesta?  Not only would I have to take off my shoes and socks, but so would you, and Coach, and deb, and chris, and BEG, and Gina . . . I think that you get the picture.

(GOBUCKS wouldn't have to. :tongue: )
I have no idea what vestanumbers posts except in those painful cases when someone quotes her.

She's a rambling, boring dunce.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »

You offend me with your "Why take the chance on destroying the lives of the living children for the sake of the unborn".  I would do it over again in a heart beat, even without the guarentee of the same outcome.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YES BEG, if offended me when I was told that,  very thing to my face,  by in-laws that were more concerned for  themselves  having to raise my 2 children when I refused to abort.

When I hear about others that have to fight family and Doctors to insist on protecting the life within them, then have to handle the guilt [of the others] that advised against ignoring Doctors orders and end up with a healthy child, Oh my , devastating the complications in family life for them in the future.

For me, I found the in-laws were never comfortable around the last two, the ones they insisted I abort especially when both healthy and active came running into the room. Not the kind of people to admit or apologise for their past tirades over my insistence that the new life came before mine.

My parents were of the sort that did apologise and were thrilled to have the baby's born healthy and I recovered from kidney disease.    

The in laws, sad but they only saw the kids again half a dozen times by their wish not mine.   Odd how some people are so angry when their wishes are not followed and everything comes out OK, it is like a slap in the face to them.

It is a crazy life for women who marry into a family and meet for the first time they that live 3,000 miles away after the wedding.    We are in love with their son but have no idea what his parents are like, will they except you or see you as a an interloper into the family.  

Mother in laws,[ some ] refuse to release the apron strings to their sons, expect their sons to side with them and when they stick up for their wife, some kind or maternal instinct kicks in and they come to hate the woman that took their boy from them.

Very complicated, life is.    Some things one can forgive and forget, others leave open wounds that last a life time.

Kids call or come to visit, today and I still have a difficult time to not roll my eyes sky wood and feel sorry for the departed that are no longer here to understand , or to have been part of the life of the wonderful kids I risked my life to bring forth.

There was never a question in my mind about my purpose on earth, never occurred to me to sacrifice my baby's for the benefit of anyone.  

Still angry after all these years at the in laws that never forgave me or the kids for going against their wishes and making life easier on them.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2012, 04:31:09 PM »
You offend me with your "Why take the chance on destroying the lives of the living children for the sake of the unborn".  I would do it over again in a heart beat, even without the guarentee of the same outcome.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YES BEG, if offended me when I was told that,  very thing to my face,  by in-laws that were more concerned for  themselves  having to raise my 2 children when I refused to abort.

When I hear about others that have to fight family and Doctors to insist on protecting the life within them, then have to handle the guilt [of the others] that advised against ignoring Doctors orders and end up with a healthy child, Oh my , devastating the complications in family life for them in the future.

For me, I found the in-laws were never comfortable around the last two, the ones they insisted I abort especially when both healthy and active came running into the room. Not the kind of people to admit or apologise for their past tirades over my insistence that the new life came before mine.

My parents were of the sort that did apologise and were thrilled to have the baby's born healthy and I recovered from kidney disease.    

The in laws, sad but they only saw the kids again half a dozen times by their wish not mine.   Odd how some people are so angry when their wishes are not followed and everything comes out OK, it is like a slap in the face to them.

It is a crazy life for women who marry into a family and meet for the first time they that live 3,000 miles away after the wedding.    We are in love with their son but have no idea what his parents are like, will they except you or see you as a an interloper into the family.  

Mother in laws,[ some ] refuse to release the apron strings to their sons, expect their sons to side with them and when they stick up for their wife, some kind or maternal instinct kicks in and they come to hate the woman that took their boy from them.

Very complicated, life is.    Some things one can forgive and forget, others leave open wounds that last a life time.

Kids call or come to visit, today and I still have a difficult time to not roll my eyes sky wood and feel sorry for the departed that are no longer here to understand , or to have been part of the life of the wonderful kids I risked my life to bring forth.

There was never a question in my mind about my purpose on earth, never occurred to me to sacrifice my baby's for the benefit of anyone.  

Still angry after all these years at the in laws that never forgave me or the kids for going against their wishes and making life easier on them.

I haven't read all of your post yet but why would your in-laws have any say in you aborting or not?  Don't you have a husband that would take care of them if something happened to you?