Author Topic: UK election - need your opinions of the significance of this.  (Read 550 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
UK election - need your opinions of the significance of this.
« on: December 12, 2019, 09:51:38 PM »
Star Member mia (6,557 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212776590

UK election - need your opinions of the significance of this.
I'm overwhelmed by the impeachment proceedings.

Bottom line? The Brits are fed up with the left's' shit.
Star Member LonePirate (9,794 posts)

1. Jeremy Corbyn is an exceptionally unpopular and unlikable politician. He lost it for Labour.

Had someone else been heading up the Labour Party, they might have won this election instead of suffering the biggest loss in about 90 years.

:thatsright:

mvd (61,767 posts)

2. I am worried the Conservatives might sell out the NHS

That would be disastrous. It is the Conservatives that have weakened it, and then they give excuses as to why they don’t need it. Sounds similar to what the Repukes do here.

If getting the Brexit issue over was the big factor, sounds like the British are becoming as dumbed down as Americans.

I have always liked Corbyn as New Labour is too much like New Dems. He has fought them.

The Brexit issue in a nutshell:

EU tells Briton what to do, what to buy, where to fish, who to allow in, what laws need replacing, etc.
The people had enough of that shit- forced a vote that the government thought would go their way.
It didn't and BREXIT. Government welshed (sorry) on the vote and lied to the people over and over.
People fed up with it- voted into power someone who said they would force BREXIT. Rest of government welshed again and lied again and again to the people while calling them stupid and racists. Johnson forced an election and the people swept the left out of power.

It remains to be see if the government continues to lie and refuse to do as the people have voted.

DU reaction= They be racists and stupid!

Amishman (1,860 posts)

17. All the warning signs were there and they doubled down

Bad frontman who lacked the ability to sell an extremely ambitious platform.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: UK election - need your opinions of the significance of this.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 08:14:11 AM »
It’s a harbinger of our coming election and they know it. They’re terrified because the lies they tell themselves are being exposed.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 04:21:11 PM »
Star Member LonePirate (9,794 posts)

1. Jeremy Corbyn ishillaryclinton was an exceptionally unpopular and unlikable politician candidate. SHe lost it for Labour the democrat party.

Had someone else been heading up the Labour Party running against Donald Trump in 2016, they might have won this that election
They can see it elsewhere but never at home...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 04:43:56 PM »
It’s a harbinger of our coming election and they know it. They’re terrified because the lies they tell themselves are being exposed.

KC

Yep.  There's no One World buttress there now, to prop-up their PC-ideology here.  Leaving American leftists a bit more lonelier.  And a bit more of a One World Laughingstock.