Author Topic: My daughter received a summons for a rear end accident  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
My daughter received a summons for a rear end accident
« on: April 28, 2021, 09:09:54 AM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100215380546

exboyfil (15,725 posts)

An African American gentleman rear ended her when he failed to stop on an icy road. He has plead not guilty. I am having a tough time understanding why he is even being charged with anything. It was accident. Several other people had accidents on that road that weekend (not a great job by the city to treat it).

Does anybody else understand the point of criminal charges? He stayed and waited for the police. Information was exchanged. There is no deterrence value in pursuing it. He was not impaired, and it was not unreasonable under those conditions that he couldn't stopped.

She is reluctant to show up to testify (actually she is upset that the man was even charged with anything). It cost about $4K to fix her car. Her insurance company (my insurance company for 35 years and by father in laws insurance company for 50 years) probably ended up paying for it. That is the reason that I have given this company probably $100K over the years.

My wife had an accident several years ago in which she was at fault (failed to yield in a four way with no stop signs - yes no signs go figure). All she got was a citation - no court.

brooklynite (69,679 posts)

1. Your article doesn't outline any details other than "he failed to stop"...

Was he going too fast? Driving without a license? Driving a car without functioning brakes? Expired inspection certificate? There are a range of possible reasons for criminal charges.

exboyfil (15,725 posts)

5. The document from the city attorney indicated

failure to stop. No other charges were outlined. He would have definitely been under the speed limit, or my daughter would have been really hurt (thank God that didn't happen). We don't have inspection certificates. He drove his vehicle away after exchanging information so I don't think there was anything wrong with it (it was never inspected by the police). He had an insurance card (how good that was I don't know - that is why I have a call into my insurance agent).

obamanut2012 (20,270 posts)

2. Why do you mention his race?

That has nothing to do with anything.

He could have warrants, could have been driving without insurance or a registration, could have failed a BAC test you don;t know about, could be lots of reasons. It is not unusual for this to happen.

What are the charges?

Uh oh ...

exboyfil (15,725 posts)

6. Because my white wife

didn't have to go to court is the reason I guess.

Wait until some of the black avengers show up to this thread!!

ZenDem (322 posts)

11. I think he might be suggesting...

...that these are bullshit charges that the cop(s) added BASED on the driver's race. "Poor defenseless white woman rear ended by black guy that refused to stop...oh, and maybe the roads were icy."

I've known plenty of people that had to go to court after an accident, but there were obvious reasons. Open container, DUI, reckless driving, etc...not failure to stop on an icy road.

There could very well be logical reasons for the subpoena, but we're living in suspicious times.

Have fun!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 09:10:58 AM »
Star Member exboyfil (15,725 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215380546

An African American gentleman rear ended her when he failed to stop on an icy road. He has plead not guilty. I am having a tough time understanding why he is even being charged with anything. It was accident. Several other people had accidents on that road that weekend (not a great job by the city to treat it).

Does anybody else understand the point of criminal charges? He stayed and waited for the police. Information was exchanged. There is no deterrence value in pursuing it. He was not impaired, and it was not unreasonable under those conditions that he couldn't stopped.

She is reluctant to show up to testify (actually she is upset that the man was even charged with anything). It cost about $4K to fix her car. Her insurance company (my insurance company for 35 years and by father in laws insurance company for 50 years) probably ended up paying for it. That is the reason that I have given this company probably $100K over the years.

My wife had an accident several years ago in which she was at fault (failed to yield in a four way with no stop signs - yes no signs go figure). All she got was a citation - no court.

Probably got a citation for failing to drive according to the weather conditions. A citation states that you can pay the fine or refuse and take it to court. So the guy said, Nope- going to court. Probably with the knowledge that most of the time a police officer can't or won't make a court date for a traffic citation and then the judge drops it.

So your wife got a citation and paid it. No court needed, Jack.

BUT--- this is the key point.... he's a BLACK MAN IN JOE BIDEN'S RACIST AMERIKKKA!!!!

:whatever:

Star Member brooklynite (69,678 posts)

1. Your article doesn't outline any details other than "he failed to stop"...

Was he going too fast? Driving without a license? Driving a car without functioning brakes? Expired inspection certificate? There are a range of possible reasons for criminal charges.

5. The document from the city attorney indicated failure to stop. No other charges were outlined. He would have definitely been under the speed limit, or my daughter would have been really hurt (thank God that didn't happen). We don't have inspection certificates. He drove his vehicle away after exchanging information so I don't think there was anything wrong with it (it was never inspected by the police). He had an insurance card (how good that was I don't know - that is why I have a call into my insurance agent).

Star Member obamanut2012 (20,270 posts)

He could have warrants, could have been driving without insurance or a registration, could have failed a BAC test you don;t know about, could be lots of reasons. It is not unusual for this to happen.

What are the charges?

6. Because my white wife

didn't have to go to court is the reason I guess.

Dr. Strange (24,917 posts)

12. But isn't there a reason for that?

Because my white wife didn't have to go to court is the reason I guess.

Wasn't that because she accepted fault? There's no reason to go to court in that case.

In this case, the driver that failed to stop is claiming that he wasn't at fault, right? Hence the reason for the court stepping in. They can't just ignore it.

Star Member ZenDem (322 posts)

11. I think he might be suggesting...

...that these are bullshit charges that the cop(s) added BASED on the driver's race. "Poor defenseless white woman rear ended by black guy that refused to stop...oh, and maybe the roads were icy."

I've known plenty of people that had to go to court after an accident, but there were obvious reasons. Open container, DUI, reckless driving, etc...not failure to stop on an icy road.

There could very well be logical reasons for the subpoena, but we're living in suspicious times.

Evergreen Emerald (12,769 posts)

3. If she received a subpoena, she may want to show up.

There may be consequence for failing to appear.

Calista241 (4,309 posts)

8. If there is an accident, there is always a violation.

Following too close, failure to yield, speeding, whatever.

Unless your daughter has been charged with something, for which she'll have a ticket, not showing up will cause the prosecution to drop the charges against the other driver.

The other driver is probably hoping your daughter won't show up, which means he won't have to pay a fine, and the points won't go on his license. This is a common strategy to try and get out of a ticket, show up to court and hope the other party does not.

Personally, I've had a fair few run ins with traffic cops. Consequences of being a motorcycle rider I suppose. When I get a ticket, I always show up to court. If the cop doesn't show up, the prosecution drops the charges. Cops are paid to show up though, so they're more likely to do so than a civilian involved in an accident.

Star Member davsand (13,235 posts)

10. Insurance companies sue to recover costs.

One company will sue the other to recover costs. That's a regular occurrence. If somebody was ticketed for the accident the insurance companies typically see that as an established way to "blame" the accident on somebody other than the driver they insure.

As for your daughter's summons and her attendance at a hearing, you might want to check with not just the lawyers but also with your insurance company. Some insurance companies require clients to show up in court or they drop their coverage for failure to comply.

Laura

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: My daughter received a summons for a rear end accident
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 09:29:58 AM »
Really!?! Someone hits another car from behind and you have to wonder why they got a citation?  You really are a DUmmie, aren't you?

Your insurance company paid for the repairs, now they're going to collect from the driver's insurance who was at fault. Why is this so complicated to you, primitive?

As Dutch pointed out, this other driver is pleading not guilty, so he gets to talk to the judge about it.

Primitives are SO dumb!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 09:32:17 AM »
Probably got a citation for failing to drive according to the weather conditions.

This was my first thought. It strikes me as a glaring omission.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 09:45:52 AM »
Assuming this was at a stop sign, if the daughter could stop on a slippery road, then the "Black gentleman" should have been able to stop. If he didn't, he was probably driving too fast for conditions.

Did anyone notice, the "Black gentleman" wasn't murdered by the racist cop who stopped him? Doesn't this go against the DUpipo narrative?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 10:14:06 AM »
Did anyone notice, the "Black gentleman" wasn't murdered by the racist cop who stopped him? Doesn't this go against the DUpipo narrative?

Great point!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 10:24:33 AM »
Why did the racist daughter call the police in the first place?  Just chalk it up as a down payment for your reparations, apologize for being in his way and go on your merry way.
 ::)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 01:47:04 PM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 01:01:44 PM »

I would like to ask the poster if any of the people involved in the other accidents were issued citations and have to go to court.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 05:33:49 PM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 11:38:13 PM »
Talk about a fleet of blimps.

comment 4198:
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=81827.4175;topicseen

Will I ever get to learn the secret handshake to get in these (what I am sure) treasure troves

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 02:54:00 AM »
Will I ever get to learn the secret handshake to get in these (what I am sure) treasure troves
Its really more of a secret password
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2021, 02:56:59 AM »
Star Member obamanut2012 (20,270 posts)

What are the charges?
The race of the guy is important because everyone knows that black guys are drawn to rear ends
Darn it...where is the rim shot emoji...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 04:42:15 AM »
The race of the guy is important because everyone knows that black guys are drawn to rear ends
Darn it...where is the rim shot emoji...

Baby got back (ended)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2021, 08:13:20 AM »
: rimshot :  :rimshot:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 08:32:06 AM »
: rimshot :  :rimshot:
SV saves the day! Hi5!

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 08:45:00 PM »

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 08:46:35 PM »
:cheersmate:

well...

after the ritual is completed...

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2021, 02:33:43 AM »

well...

after the ritual is completed...
The sheep hasn't recovered from the last one yet

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 05:41:47 PM »
The sheep hasn't recovered from the last one yet

LMAO

I know in liberal land the sheep would be scared...

but I am suddenly a bit trepidatious

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2021, 06:46:42 PM »
LMAO

I know in liberal land the sheep would be scared...

but I am suddenly a bit trepidatious

Oh, don't worry...

You won't remember anything.

(After you are selected for the inner circle you can watch the video though...)

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2021, 08:23:45 PM »
Oh, don't worry...

You won't remember anything.

(After you are selected for the inner circle you can watch the video though...)
The instructional demonstration video that Dutch put together really helps to keep the sheeps trauma to a minimum

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2021, 10:26:36 AM »
The instructional demonstration video that Dutch put together really helps to keep the sheeps trauma to a minimum

Probies get a blow up sheep. We've found it solves some recurring replacement issues.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2021, 11:25:38 AM »
Probies get a blow up sheep.

I thought probies got probed and that was the reason we call them probies.

Boy, do I owe some people some apologies! 😬

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2021, 11:38:15 AM »
I thought probies got probed and that was the reason we call them probies.

Boy, do I owe some people some apologies! 😬

Well, yeah... that's after the roofies...

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2021, 12:01:59 PM »
Well, yeah... that's after the roofies...
There were roofies? Nobody ever told me!