Author Topic: Huntsman in the Hunt?  (Read 2569 times)

Offline gurn

• "Are they paying us? Why aren't they paying us?"
Huntsman in the Hunt?
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:17:13 AM »
http://therealtimer.com/Huntsman-In-The-Hunt

He's the son of a billionaire. He speaks fluent Mandarin.

He's former Governor of Utah & lived in Taiwan for many years.

He was Obama's Ambassador to China. He steps down in May, 2011.

Many think he's running for Prez. What do you think?

I don't know much about the guy, except he looks the part.

I sort of like Mitt. But I have my misgivings about him too.
I'll be really interested to hear what Huntsman's positions are.

I'm not really satisfied with the GOP field as it is.
But right now, I'm leaning toward Mitt.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:31:58 AM by gurn »
"Our weak President, that kisses everybody's ass, is in more wars than I have ever seen. Now he's in Libya, he's in Afghanistan, he's in Iraq. Nobody respects us."
"This guy got the Nobel Peace Prize and every time I look is he's going into another country."

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Huntsman in the Hunt?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 07:20:58 AM »
Tell him good luck with his .005%.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline gurn

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 09:15:02 AM »
Love that .gif. :lol:
"Our weak President, that kisses everybody's ass, is in more wars than I have ever seen. Now he's in Libya, he's in Afghanistan, he's in Iraq. Nobody respects us."
"This guy got the Nobel Peace Prize and every time I look is he's going into another country."

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 02:09:30 PM »
Two points:
  • I don't know enough about him to be able to judge his value for the position in question.  When Reb (et.al.) posted up Herman Cain's bid, they at least had the decency to post links to a bio, positions he's taken and the like.  From that, I can now watch him to see whether his character matches up with what he says about himself.  If you want a serious consideration of Huntsman, you need to at least provide the material I can do my own homework from, or this is just another exercise in mental masturbation.

For this reason, there needs to be an "other" option in your little poll;

• Second; I see no options for "Da JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS", "Pie", or "Bacon".  C'mon man; everything's better with bacon on it!  Get with the program!

That is all.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 06:34:36 PM »
Huntsman has at times taken positions that put him at odds with his party's conservative base. He holds "progressive stances on climate change (which many conservatives don’t even believe in), immigration, civil unions for gay couples, and education."[22] He "separated himself from the Republican Party's Tea Party base by embracing and endorsing Obama's stimulus."[23] He has shown support for civil unions.[24] He also "signed up with the Western Regional Climate Action Initiative," a "Regional cap-and-trade system," in 2007.[25] "The Cato Institute's 2008 governors' scorecard acknowledged Huntsman's conservative tax policies, but then found: 'Unfortunately, Huntsman has completely dropped the ball on spending, with per capita spending increasing at about $70 million annually.'"[20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Huntsman,_Jr.

Similarly, his moderate stances on gay marriage and environmental concerns could win him centrist voters in a general election, but they will cost him conservative support in the primary—ghosts of Rudy Giuliani here, but without Mr Giuliani's national profile.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2011/02/jon_huntsman

I will not vote for someone who supports the massive spending and who is a member of the Global Warming Ponzi Scheme.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:40:48 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline gurn

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 07:06:13 PM »
I don't like the Global Warming or Civil Union BS either.

Here's an article about Huntsman v. Romney.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/48787.html

I dunno. I really don't like any of the GOP candidates right now.
I don't see any of them as Reaganesque.

Huck might be ok. It's easy to under-estimate him.

Romney reminds me of Nixon. That's good & bad - mostly bad.
I personally don't think Palin can win. And her speaking voice gets on my nerves.
Gingrich has the core Reagan beliefs. I'm not sure he can win.

Maybe any of them can beat Obama. All they have to do is win Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, 
North Carolina and Florida back.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 07:23:27 AM »
I have no problem with civil unions. Then again, I think it's time the government get the hell out of the marriage/civil union business period. We're a nation of individuals. Whether or not one citizen is with another is none of their damn business.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline gurn

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 09:49:41 AM »
I agree with that. If a state wants civil unions or even gay marriage, fine.

I don't want Federal laws making it mandatory in all 50 states though.

That's the agenda for Obama's second term, make gay marriages compulsory for everybody,
all across the fruity plain of America.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 09:56:51 AM »
Jon Huntsman, Jr.: He's a squish who worked for Obama. Chance of winning? He has about as good a chance of winning the Democratic nomination in 2012 as he does of winning the GOP nomination.
http://rightwingnews.com/2011/02/qa-friday-104-a-short-evaluation-of-each-of-the-gops-potential-2012-contenders/

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
The other dai I read an article by a reporter who was obviously swooning over him.  I found the examples of his incredibly keen political insight to be well, ...I'll just say I wasn't impressed.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »

• Second; I see no options for "Da JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS", "Pie", or "Bacon".  C'mon man; everything's better with bacon on it!  Get with the program!

That is all.

I love bacon.  If I was a pig I would eat myself :hyper:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
    « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 03:59:31 PM »
      I love bacon.  If I was a pig I would eat myself :hyper:

Hummm................................................ :naughty:[/list]
    “The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
    • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
    « Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »
    I have no problem with civil unions. Then again, I think it's time the government get the hell out of the marriage/civil union business period. We're a nation of individuals. Whether or not one citizen is with another is none of their damn business.

:yeahthat:
    « Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:21:51 PM by Attero Dominatus »
    Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
    « Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »
    Arnold-lite, and no one else really knows who he is. Pass.
    « Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:42:09 PM by blitzkrieg_17 »
    Caught somewhere in time