Author Topic: Deep secrets of Campaign 2008  (Read 623 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Deep secrets of Campaign 2008
« on: September 22, 2008, 05:16:37 PM »
The news regarding the presidential campaign has been delivered on two tracks. On one track the mainstream media have played their usual role of the Victorian gentleman described by Tom Wolfe in The Right Stuff. In this capacity, to borrow Wolfe's formulation, the mainstream media have prescribed the proper emotion, the seemly sentiment, the fitting moral tone, that must be established; and all information that muddies the tone and weakens the feeling has been thrown down the memory hole.

Wolfe's description has obvious application to the press's treatment of Barack Obama during this campaign season, with the result that important stories illuminating Obama's character, judgment and lack of seriousness have been thrown down the memory hole if they have ever seen the light of day. Here are five of them, briefly noted with links.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/09/021572.php
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle