Author Topic: 10 Things You Would Miss About Obamacare  (Read 4106 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
10 Things You Would Miss About Obamacare
« on: June 24, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »
ProSense (84,228 posts)

By Igor Volsky

The Supreme Court is expected to rule on the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act this week and could potentially strike down part or the whole of ‘Obamacare.’ Below are 10 things you will miss about the law if the justices invalidate it:

1) Access to health insurance for 30 million Americans and lower premiums. More than 30 million uninsured Americans will find coverage under the law. Middle-class families who buy health care coverage through the exchanges will be eligible for refundable and advanceable premium credits and cost-sharing subsidies to ensure that the coverage they have is affordable.

2) The ability of businesses and individuals to purchase comprehensive coverage from a regulated marketplace.<...>

3) Insurers’ inability to discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions. Beginning in 2014, insurers can no longer deny insurance to families or individuals with pre-existing conditions. Insurers are also prohibited from placing lifetime limits on the dollar value of coverage and rescinding insurers except in cases of fraud. Insurers are already prohibited from discriminating against children with pre-existing conditions.

4) Tax credits for small businesses that offer insurance. <...>

5) Assistance for businesses that provide health benefits to early retirees.<...>

6) Affordable health care for lower-income Americans. Obamacare extends Medicaid to individuals with incomes up to 138% of the federal poverty line, guaranteeing that the nation’ most vulnerable population has access to affordable, comprehensive coverage.

7) Investments in women’s health. Obamacare prohibits insurers from charging women substantially more than men and requires insurers to offer preventive services — including contraception — at no additional cost.

8) Young adults’ ability to stay on their parents’ health care plans. <...>

9) Discounts for seniors on brand-name drugs. <...>

10) Temporary coverage for the sickest Americans. <...>

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/06/24/505179/10-things-you-would-miss-about-obamacare/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002851206

Seriously lower premiums? I don't know of anyone who's premiums have been lowered, in fact everyone's premiums have gone up. Hell I have even seen DUmp monkeys bitching that their premiums went up. Next thing they will claim that the private sector is doing fine.  :-)

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
Re: 10 Things You Would Miss About Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 03:35:47 PM »

Seriously lower premiums? I don't know of anyone who's premiums have been lowered, in fact everyone's premiums have gone up. Hell I have even seen DUmp monkeys bitching that their premiums went up. Next thing they will claim that the private sector is doing fine.  :-)

Since the economy in Texas has somewhat rebounded, at least in terms of tax receipts, I have received a modest cost of living adjustment for the past 2 years. Unfortunately, every penny has been eaten up in higher health care premiums.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:14:04 PM »

Shouldn't this thread be titled "10 Myths or Nanny state give-aways that desperate libs are spreading in a vain attempt to rally public support to an unconstitutional law"?
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »
I will say this again. If they would take the individual mandate out, I might consider giving it a chance. As long as the mandate is in place, it is unconstitutional and should be tossed out.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 04:40:30 PM »
I will say this again. If they would take the individual mandate out, I might consider giving it a chance. As long as the mandate is in place, it is unconstitutional and should be tossed out.

Are you sure you want the other 2300 or so pages of shit wrapped around our necks?

I can't see how the SC could sift through the whole 2600 pages.  There are other suits coming about other parts of the bill.  And, the cherry on top is that Congress didn't attach severability to the bill.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 04:54:31 PM »
Are you sure you want the other 2300 or so pages of shit wrapped around our necks?

I can't see how the SC could sift through the whole 2600 pages.  There are other suits coming about other parts of the bill.  And, the cherry on top is that Congress didn't attach severability to the bill.

Well, yes, there are other things that need to go as well. That whole thing was nothing but one bribe after another with kickbacks for the people who agreed to it. But if it had just the medical care alone, and not the individual mandate I might maybe think about considering it. But the individual mandate is unconstitutional, and for that it should be totally trashed and restructured into something that isn't a peace of shit.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »
Let's not forget the 3.8% federal tax on the sale of a home that kicks in in 2013 (Yes, that's in the ObamaCare law). You think the housing market sucks now, just wait. Between 6% to the realtor and 3.8% to Uncle Sugar, it'll cost you almost 10% of your home's value to move. Then you have moving expenses, loan origination fees, and closing costs on your new place. It's just more wealth confiscation. Older people with large houses will stay in them rather than sell and pay the tax. Then, when they finally do kick off, the government can rape their heirs with the inheritance tax.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 05:54:38 PM »
The policy I have had gone up 78% from 2002 to 2010 when 0bama HellCare passed. From 2010 to now my premium has gone up 37%. All of the increases have come with the statement that due to the AKA changes my premium is going up. EVERYONE.

Of the 10 things not a single one applies to me. I am of a great majority of productive people that this happened to. The bottom line is that 85% of the public will pay more, get less of lower quality health care so that about 8% of the public will be taken care off..sort of..but not very well...that the politicians exempted themselves from.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »
Well, yes, there are other things that need to go as well. That whole thing was nothing but one bribe after another with kickbacks for the people who agreed to it. But if it had just the medical care alone, and not the individual mandate I might maybe think about considering it. But the individual mandate is unconstitutional, and for that it should be totally trashed and restructured into something that isn't a peace of shit.
If you could show me ANY HealthCARE in ObamaCare, I'd be grateful.  It is a health insurance mandate, period.  The premiums and deductibles make it absolutely worthless for anyone that doesn't have an extra $7000 (minimum) in disposable income.  Refute that with facts, please. 

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »
ProSense (84,228 posts)

By Igor Volsky

The Supreme Court is expected to rule on the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act this week and could potentially strike down part or the whole of ‘Obamacare.’ Below are 10 things you will miss about the law if the justices invalidate it:

1) Access to health insurance for 30 million Americans and lower premiums

Stopped reading there. After Obamacare passed my premiums went up enough that I had to drop my coverage.

So thanks Barry for taking my healthcare.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »
If you could show me ANY HealthCARE in ObamaCare, I'd be grateful.  It is a health insurance mandate, period.  The premiums and deductibles make it absolutely worthless for anyone that doesn't have an extra $7000 (minimum) in disposable income.  Refute that with facts, please.  

My understanding is that the cost will be based on household income:

http://www.dickmorris.com/how-much-obamacare-costs-the-average-family/ <- From 2009. So it might have changed by now. But either way, the mandate is unconstitutional and has to go. And saying that I might maybe consider it doesn't mean that I will.

It doesn't really matter anyhow because the Supreme Court will be throwing it out this week anyway. And there is no way he will get it passed again.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 10:16:01 PM »

Nuff said.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 11:39:35 PM »
If you could show me ANY HealthCARE in ObamaCare, I'd be grateful.

Much like everything else that the left does, it is nothing more than an intricate scheme of taxation, much like Al Gore's "carbon offsets". Even if upheld by the Supreme Court, ObamaCare has been intentionally designed to fail. The eventual (designed) failure of ObamaCare will be blamed on "greedy" insurance companies and doctors. Once 51% of the public buys that nonsense, the Dems will move for full control of the entire health care system. We're eventually going to see a European-style system where the "health service" is the largest employer in the nation. I can imagine it being structured like the military with doctors and nurses (RN's/NP's) as officers and ancillary staff (techs, secretaries, housekeeping, food service, etc) as enlisted personnel. Once someone hits 70, they'll pretty much be written off as a bad investment for anything even remotely expensive.

Offline vlad335

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 12:53:57 AM »

1) Access to health insurance for 30 million Americans and lower premiums. More than 30 million uninsured Americans will find coverage under the law. Middle-class families who buy health care coverage through the exchanges will be eligible for refundable and advanceable premium credits and cost-sharing subsidies to ensure that the coverage they have is affordable.

Ok DUmmie, explain this to me. What is the premium cost? How much is going to be deducted from your pay? ( If you think it will be a tiny amount after the carriers are forced to cover every condition, you are a fool.)
Also, what is the level of income to qualify for these "premium credits and cost-sharing subsidies?" What exactly are these credits and subsidies that you will receive after you have your paycheck gobbled up for a year?

Don't know?  Guess what? No one does! This is all yet to be mandated and I predict it is not going to be pretty. Probably be a boatload of unintended consequences too like everything the democrats touch.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 04:47:21 AM »
The 10 things I'll miss about Zerocare?

1.  Nothing.
  2.  Nothing.
  3.  Nothing.
  4.  Nothing.
  5.  Nothing.
  6.  Nothing.
  7.  Nothing.
  8.  Nothing.
  9.  Not a damned thing!
10.  Some asshole bureaucrat telling me what kind of care I can have, when I can have it, and how much of it I'm allowed to have.

Bottom line, with Obamacare, we'll have a bunch of lawyers telling doctors how to practice medicine, and I for one, don't want or need someone like Schumer, Reid, or Pelosi managing MY healthcare.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 06:00:14 AM »
Stopped reading there. After Obamacare passed my premiums went up enough that I had to drop my coverage.

So thanks Barry for taking my healthcare.
But they still steal money from your paycheck to make sure all the welfare recipients have health care.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 06:19:34 AM »
Obamacare is a poorly crafted notion from top to bottom, by design. - its only purpose was to get the 'camel's nose under the tent' for a complete federal takeover of the entire healthcare industry by intentionally creating inequitable conditions, coupled with rapidly rising costs.

Unfortunately for Obama, the Democrats lost enough political clout in 2010 to follow through, and now we are on the edge of getting the law overturned, without Team Obama having the ability to rewrite it as 'Single Payer', which would have eventually become a 100% Government operated and funded universal healthcare industry.

So - What will I miss about Obamacare ? Nothing. Buh-bye.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »
Nothing about Obamacare, but in the "replace," thing, could I suggest death panels composed of citizens chosen jury-style? They'd decide if federal bureacrats and elected officials are permitted to receive a given treatment.

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 08:22:38 AM »
That's a solid idea, Danglars. 

:lmao:  Mike220, that's where I stopped reading as well.  Although I did skim down to the blurb about some small business credit.  I read up on that, it's a laughingstock of a provision, nothing to brag about.  It's tiny, narrow, too-little-too-late, and just all-around goofy. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »

Stopped at this point.

I would like to point out to the DUmies, the bolded area, how the **** does my cost going from $3200 a year to $6500 or more, constitute "affordable"? I'm in the "Middle-class".

:mad:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 10:13:49 AM »
They were saying on Fox News this morning that SCOTUS is going to release their ruling on Thursday morning.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 10:39:25 AM »
They were saying on Fox News this morning that SCOTUS is going to release their ruling on Thursday morning.

Play constantly . . .

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2mqqCMu-LM[/youtube]

I'd love to see Alex Trebek announce it!  BTW--get well soon, Mr. Trebek.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »
hmmm... my premiums are higher and my level of coverage as decreased.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »
My understanding is that the cost will be based on household income:
Behold the brilliance that is Obama! His Won-ness in his infinite wisdom has managed the utter decimation of our once-robust economy, not because of any lack of economic or business acumen, but  instead as a loving gesture to lower the household income of millions of his subjects fellow Americans so that their healthcare premiums are lowered!!!!! It all makes sense now!!
/DUmmie mode
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »
Behold the brilliance that is Obama! His Won-ness in his infinite wisdom has managed the utter decimation of our once-robust economy, not because of any lack of economic or business acumen, but  instead as a loving gesture to lower the household income of millions of his subjects fellow Americans so that their healthcare premiums are lowered!!!!! It all makes sense now!!
/DUmmie mode

Yeah, people on welfare will have to pay nothing. Good assessment. Hi5