Author Topic: hint for all those with moles on Skins's island  (Read 17197 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
hint for all those with moles on Skins's island
« on: June 20, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »
Old-timers know this stuff; this is for new-timers.

I get a lot of personal messages from members who've started moles on Skins's island for the first time, or maybe their second or third time, expressing their unease with dealing with the primitives up-close and first-hand, rather than through the sanitizing wall of the DUmpster.  They're nervous, they're stressed, they don't think they can handle it (but would like to).

One can hardly blame them for their unease; the primitives are not exactly civilized.

If one has successfully got his toe onto Skins's island, established a mole, don't give up the opportunity.

If one is filled with fear, anxiety, and dread--utterly natural feelings for decent and civilized people--just back away.  The mole's been established, and it doesn't have to be used right way.  Just leave it alone, go on with life, and sometime sooner or later, one's going to be mentally "up", creatively enthusiastic, to using the mole.

One does not have to use a mole right away.

My fellow alum Skins has never said so, but it seems reasonable; one does not have to use a mole right away; one can wait.

So if one's new to this game, and got a mole set up, but is fearful and anxious, just back away, until a more opportune time.  Leave the mole sleeping.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:10:52 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: hint for all those with moles on Skiin's island
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 07:57:17 PM »
If anyone has a mole, you never have to use it.

A great benefit is during elections and def-con 1. You will have access to the DUmp while the unregistered visitor won't.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »

A great benefit is during elections and def-con 1. You will have access to the DUmp while the unregistered visitor won't.

Bingo.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 08:03:37 PM »

That's why I like having mine around.  It's just waiting for 2012.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 08:27:06 PM »

That is exactly true. Take it from me, if you post, you WILL be banned.
Dreamer Tatum is just the exception that proves the rule.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 08:45:37 PM »
If you do decide to post with your mole try to refrain posting anything that makes sense or is just common sense.

As an example...
DUmmie: every time I cook a place my hand on the stove while it is hot and for some reason get burned.

Your reply should be along the lines of...
Your Mole: Ouch.
Your Mole: Wow.
Your Mole: I'll send you white light.

Never reply with...
Your Mole: Stop touching a hot stove.
Your Mole: Are you nuts?
Your Mole: You really are a dumbass.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 09:17:49 PM »
If you do decide to post with your mole try to refrain posting anything that makes sense or is just common sense.

As an example...
DUmmie: every time I cook a place my hand on the stove while it is hot and for some reason get burned.

Your reply should be along the lines of...
Your Mole: Ouch.
Your Mole: Wow.
Your Mole: I'll send you white light.

Never reply with...
Your Mole: Stop touching a hot stove.
Your Mole: Are you nuts?
Your Mole: You really are a dumbass.

Good example, great example, sir.

Damn.  Awesome example.

But franksolich's rule still holds: my fellow alum has NEVER made a rule demanding that whenever a mole first registers, the mole MUST start commienting.

That is NOT a rule.

So if one's nervous, just back off, and go back later when one's more confident.

Bozo of Baltimore, the "Stinky the Clown" primitive, has a mole here on conservativecave, and he's doing all the right things.  I applaud him for that.  His purpose for being here is "opposition research," not to cause trouble.  In that department, Bozo of Baltimore is a smart man.  I think he learned from watching franksolich's mole on Skins's island, as I'm sure he knows who franksolich's mole is.  He's got to; he's been on Skins's island for a very long time now.

But because the sparkling husband primitive isn't breaking any rules, if an issue came up about him, franksolich would be the first to step up to bat for him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 09:25:17 PM »
Do not respond to polls

Do not use DU's search feature for registered members.

Do not use the same photobucket account you use on other sites.

Do not log into DU using the same browser as you do on Conservative Cave- Use two browsers. Example: If you have both I.E. and Firefox, block DU access from one and CC access from the other.

Do not make your DU profile private - just put enough information in there  such that a casual perusal by an admin will tie the IP you log into DU with the town or city you live in. - Example: if you have an IP that lists as Boston, do not tell DU you live in San Francisco.

Use alert sparingly.

In other words, do not draw attention to yourself - be part of the faceless lynch mob. If your mole keeps getting highlighted here or on other sites, you are overplaying your hand.

If you get a PM wanting to meet you in real life - politely decline.

Do not resurrect an old thread - DU moves threads so rapidly that if your mole only responds to threads highlighted here or elsewhere days later, it will be noticed.

Use an email account for DU only with DU.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 09:37:57 PM »
Do not respond to polls

Do not use DU's search feature for registered members.

Do not use the same photobucket account you use on other sites.

Do not log into DU using the same browser as you do on Conservative Cave- Use two browsers. Example: If you have both I.E. and Firefox, block DU access from one and CC access from the other.

Do not make your DU profile private - just put enough information in there  such that a casual perusal by an admin will tie the IP you log into DU with the town or city you live in. - Example: if you have an IP that lists as Boston, do not tell DU you live in San Francisco.

Use alert sparingly.

In other words, do not draw attention to yourself - be part of the faceless lynch mob. If your mole keeps getting highlighted here or on other sites, you are overplaying your hand.

If you get a PM wanting to meet you in real life - politely decline.

Do not resurrect an old thread - DU moves threads so rapidly that if your mole only responds to threads highlighted here or elsewhere days later, it will be noticed.

Use an email account for DU only with DU.

Rules from a professional; excellent, sir.

But the one about the search feature intrigues me; my mole's never used it, not because I knew such was a bad idea--but simply because intuition told franksolich, "don't use it."

I dunno why the intuition told me it--it had to be intuition, as until you mentioned it, I'd never heard about it--but obviously the intuition's good.

This by the way is why franksolich can so rarely find the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive, Chief S itting Bull, and comes across him only by chance.  franksolich doesn't use the "search feature" on Skins's island, and when one simply googles "Redstone" even specifically to democraticunderground, one gets all this garbage about some Hollywood personality.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 09:42:28 PM »
Always logout of your account in case you accidently click a link from here while signed in.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 09:48:16 PM »
Always Logout of your account in case you accidently click a link from here while signed in.

I use an option that isn't available to everybody, alas.

I never never never log on to Skins's island from this computer.  I lurk--obviously--on Skins's island from this computer, but I never log on to Skins's island from here.

When necessary, I go across the river to the home of the rich old grouch, who's usually gone anyway, and use his superduper agricultural-purposes internet service.  Or if I happen to be in town, I go to the home of a computer geek whose internet service provider doesn't show him as being up here on the roof of Nebraska.  And if I happen to be in the big city, I go and use a computer at an office, which has an ".edu" address.  And those rarer times, when I'm way out west, seeing the roving partner, I use his computer, another one of these superduper agricultural purposes internet service (he uses it for the automotive business and for the horse-trading business).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »
From another thread, an example of what not to do:
Balbus (1000+ posts)      Mon Jun-20-11 10:15 PM
Response to Reply #4
6. Well, just remember, that this is the site that coined the phrase...
"24 business hours"

DUmmy Balbus may survive, but only because Plagiarist Pitt has become such a laughingstock.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »
Some tricks I have used in the past, if you choose to post.
Find a post from a DUmmy who isn't quite in lockstep and challenge him or her on it politely.

For example DUmmy says I am not convinced that global warming is real.
Mole reply: There is scientific consensus  that Global warming is not only real, but as a result of the burning of fossil fuels.

Ask innocent questions.
 Dummy: I believe in MIHOP.
You: What does MIHOP stand for.
DUmmy; Made it happen on purpose, Bush was behind 9-11.
You: Now that you mention it, the whole 9-11 story never quite felt right, you may be on to something.

K and R the threads started by the popular kids.

Find posts in the lounge that share a common interest you have.
DUmmy: U2 is the best band ever.
You: Yeah they rock i saw them in concert back in 93. *Warning do lounge posts sparingly so you don't look like you are post padding.*

When you do post take the complete opposite position of what you really think odds are they will eat it up, just don't go too far.

Some don'ts

Never refer to any republican by their proper title and name.
 Example never say president Bush.
Start off by calling him Bush then slowly start working in the popular nick names the others use, Chimpy etc.

Never vote the wrong way in a poll.

Never disagree with any poster unless they say something that is unpopular at DU. For example if a DUmmy says that gays should not have the right to marry, then disagree, it helps to throw in some personal connection whether you claim to be gay yourself or you have a gay friend or relative.

Do not, no matter how much the temptation is, start a bouncy thread. if you want to try to sneak in a bouncy tale in another thread do so carefully.

Do not start I am debating a freeper and need help thread. If you want to sneak in some nugget of truth by saying a freeper said it, work it in to a thread someone else started.

Never bring over your own posts from DU to here. If your posts gets picked up by someone else it's best to not comment on it.

Other tips.

Use a separate browser for here and DU. Example: View and post here in Firefox. View DU only from Internet Explorer.

Never click on a link at CC from DU while logged in at DU. They actually can tell if you click on here to get a link to their site.

Most Important rule!!!!!!11111

never ever call the Democratic party the Democrat party.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:59:27 PM by Freeper »
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 10:44:04 PM »
He he he  :lmao: I am loving this whole thread. I've had a mole over there for the better part of a year now but mostly reserve myself to the Rip Van Winkle thing. Actually I can't believe I haven't been jettisoned yet as there have been times when I was sure I would be a goner for the daggers I've thrust there.

Perhaps it'e time Ol' Rip (not his real fake name) got out of his cave and went wilding again, no doubt this Farakhan flap as of late should offer many freshly plowed fields ripe for mayhem with enough ambiguity abounding to keep me sufficiently cloaked enough for a few quick jabs of the dagger. It's especially yummy when something like this breaks out and the DUmmies are all at each other's throats and there are no clear lines drawn.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 11:19:32 PM »
Most Important rule!!!!!!11111

never ever call the Democratic party the Democrat party.
Don't call a bouncy a bouncy.
Don't refer to DU as the DUmp.
Don't call a poster a DUmmy.
Don't call the president a jug-eared muslim. (Jug-eared messiah is okay.)
Never mention Obamacare.
Don't call the Kenyan "0bama".
Don't forget to capitalize democrat. The DUmp style is random capitalization, but always capitalize democrat....oops, I did it again.
Always show contempt for Christians (you must call them "Xtian"), Jews, Israel, and any other ally of the United States
Always express admiration for Fidel, Yugo, and Dinnerjacket. Stay neutral on Kim Jong il.
If you're not sure, ask yourself, "What would a decent and civilized person do?" Don't do that.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 07:45:26 AM »
Never mention Obamacare.
Don't forget to capitalize democrat. The DUmp style is random capitalization, but always capitalize democrat....oops, I did it again.
Always show contempt for Christians (you must call them "Xtian"), Jews, Israel, and any other ally of the United States
Always express admiration for Fidel, Yugo, and Dinnerjacket. Stay neutral on Kim Jong il.
If you're not sure, ask yourself, "What would a decent and civilized person do?" Don't do that.

...and defend Islam like your mole's life depended on it. Even if they started slaughtering women and gays by the thousands in Iran, your answer should be, "This is not indicative of the true, peaceful nature of Islam and should be viewed as such."
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 07:53:04 AM »
Never mention Obamacare.

That's what's always made me RAOTFLMAO when watching the elmers out in the Wilderness discuss possible "freeper" moles on Skins's island.

They think our moles go over there and preach the same things we talk about on decent and civilized ground.

? ? ? ? ?

Now.....why would franksolich go to Skins's island to express franksolich's values and opinions?

Wouldn't that get franksolich banned, like, real quick?

It never occurs to them that our moles are the opposite, the total and complete and utter opposite, of what we really are.  For example, franksolich's mole doesn't say much, but about half the time when it speaks, it talks about the joy, the zest, the exhilaration, the ecstasy, one gets over abortion, and that it's too bad more people aren't as enthusiastic about it.

They just don't understand; one's mole from this place shows up on Skins's island the exact opposite of the way one really is.  And these are the smartest people on the internet?  What the ****?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 08:10:33 AM »
Rules from a professional; excellent, sir.

But the one about the search feature intrigues me; my mole's never used it, not because I knew such was a bad idea--but simply because intuition told franksolich, "don't use it."

I dunno why the intuition told me it--it had to be intuition, as until you mentioned it, I'd never heard about it--but obviously the intuition's good.

This by the way is why franksolich can so rarely find the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive, Chief S itting Bull, and comes across him only by chance.  franksolich doesn't use the "search feature" on Skins's island, and when one simply googles "Redstone" even specifically to democraticunderground, one gets all this garbage about some Hollywood personality.

I don't know whether using the search function is a red flag or not.  I've had the same "mole" account for over 8 years, and have regularly used the search function while logged in with it.  Back when I compiled the year-end DUmmy wrapups, that's how I found some of the more interesting threads.

Perhaps someone has been caught in this fashion, I just know that I haven't.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 09:23:31 AM »
Never mention Obamacare.

:lmao:

:clap:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »
It never occurs to them that our moles are the opposite, the total and complete and utter opposite, of what we really are.  For example, franksolich's mole doesn't say much, but about half the time when it speaks, it talks about the joy, the zest, the exhilaration, the ecstasy, one gets over abortion, and that it's too bad more people aren't as enthusiastic about it.

They just don't understand; one's mole from this place shows up on Skins's island the exact opposite of the way one really is.  And these are the smartest people on the internet?  What the ****?

You wouldn't be using this example perchance, in an attempt to get at least 2 of the 3 Drek primitives lined up against the wall as accused moles, posing for tombstones, would you?  :whistling:  :-) :rotf:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 12:31:30 PM »
You wouldn't be using this example perchance, in an attempt to get at least 2 of the 3 Drek primitives lined up against the wall as accused moles, posing for tombstones, would you?  :whistling:  :-) :rotf:

H5 for thinking the same thing as I.  I was going to post that this morning, but I figured, let it develop.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 12:35:46 PM »
H5 for thinking the same thing as I.  I was going to post that this morning, but I figured, let it develop.

And a H5 back at you, sir, for having greater impulse control than I do.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »
Here are some of my recommendations as well:

1. Build a post count in GD itself - do not try to become a regular elsewhere. Become known or visible on GD first, then visit the other boards.
2. Do not choose a controversial avatar, or even an ironic one. Don't choose Marx, for example. Sports avatars are best.
3. Posting true "lefty" content is like bluffing in poker: you don't need to do it nearly as often as you think. One or two rabid or patently stupid posts of 50 is plenty.
4. Do not be hasty to start new threads. Let your count go into the 200s or so first.
5. Pick an "issue" that you can stomach to break your pick on, and make sure your stance is in the DU mainstream. Being anti-gun is palatable to some, and it pays to be known for one or two things on DU, even if you post often.
6. Do not resort to Philosoraptor-type names or spellings. "Rethuglikkkans" is unnecessary when "Rethugs" will do.
7. Do not engage oldtime DUers alone - wait until someone else calls them out, then pile on.
8. Do not be shy to use humor, but be sure that your humor fits within Skinner's guidelines.
9. Pick an innocuous DU bylaw to break, and break it more than once. Do not be afraid to have a couple of posts deleted, but just a couple.
10. Ape the usage of popular DU emoticons, e.g., the vomiting guy.

That has helped...um...certain people...do well on DU.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline thundley4

Re: hint for all those with moles on Skins's island
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 12:52:14 PM »
A classic example of how not to be a mole on Skin's Island.

Brianboru (218 posts)           Tue Jun-21-11 01:23 PM
Response to Reply #1
10. 0bama lies. He lied about Gitmo - still open. He lied about

ending the wars - he started two new ones.

He lied about gay marriage - he signed a questionnaire supporting it for political benefit, then changed his mind.

He lied about repealing the Bush tax cuts.

Seriously, who can trust this guy?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1337967

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: hint for all those with moles on Skins's island
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »
What's the true purpose of the mole? is it to get inside info when you establish yourself? is it to eventually become a nuisance? is it just the satisfaction of getting 1 over on the other side? or is it to build your rep up enough and go out in a suicide run on the board?