Author Topic: Baking  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Baking
« on: June 03, 2012, 04:02:52 PM »
Any other bakers here?  I love to bake, and I don't eat desserts much either.  My newest favorite website for cupcake liners is Bake It Pretty.  They have nice grease proof liners.  I bought their Best Ever Cupcake Icing set a few weeks ago.  Here's some cupcakes I made last weekend and I used the gigantic tips from the set.  It's not the greatest looking, but they looked pretty good.  Those are marble cupcakes, a white & chocolate, but I colored the white hot pink, and with a purple vanilla butter cream frosting. 

Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Baking
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 04:21:47 PM »
I have been craving cake lately. Those look scrumptious. Who did you make the cupcakes for?

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 04:27:07 PM »
I have been craving cake lately. Those look scrumptious. Who did you make the cupcakes for?

Those were for a young cousin who's favorite cake is white & chocolate, and favorite colors pink & purple. 

I'll post pics of the Key Lime Cupcakes whenever I finish them.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
Those were for a young cousin who's favorite cake is white & chocolate, and favorite colors pink & purple. 

I'll post pics of the Key Lime Cupcakes whenever I finish them.

Upper right one looks perfect. Save it for me.  :-)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 05:43:43 PM »
I can't think of bakers without thinking of butchers, and candlestick makers.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »
Key lime cupcakes. There's a graham cracker crust on the bottom, vanilla cake, little frosting and a dollop of key lime curd. OMG!

Stink Eye

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 08:07:30 PM »
:hyper: I might have to steal that from you (I already have a lemon curd recipe).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »
:hyper: I might have to steal that from you (I already have a lemon curd recipe).

Here's where I got the recipe: http://www.curlygirlkitchen.com/2012/05/key-lime-pie-cupcakes-and-key-lime.html?m=1

It's delicious. I made the key lime curd last night, then I bought a lime squeezed off Amazon, so it won't be so tedious in the future. The cake is light enough to balance well with the curd.

Those are some leftover cupcake liners I had from the previous week. I also used some pink with white polka dots nut cups. If you're baking in a nut cup, just be sure not to fill more than halfway or it'll overspill and be a mess.
Stink Eye

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
I love to bake, but stop doing it in the triple digit heat.  I've made Jake & Coke cupcakes before, but need to fix the recipe a bit to make them taste more like cupcakes.  They came out more like muffins, if that makes any sense at all... lol

My favorite cupcakes to bake are pumpkin spice with cream cheese frosting.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 08:24:34 PM »
I made these ginger spice type cupcakes last winter that were delicious. I topped them with a cream cheese frosting, but I added a teeny bit of maple extract to it.
Stink Eye

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 08:25:04 PM »
I made these ginger spice type cupcakes last winter that were delicious. I topped them with a cream cheese frosting, but I added a teeny bit of maple extract to it.

That sounds delicious.

This thread is making me hungry.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 08:32:49 PM »
They were pumpkin ginger cupcakes, I'll look later and see if I can find the recipe.

Edited to add: Yes, I do take photos of nearly everything I bake. lol

Here's the pumpkin ginger recipe:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-ginger-cupcakes/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:36:45 PM by Miss Mia »
Stink Eye

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »
I try to bake LOL.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
I have a question about cupcakes.  How do you make the top so it doesn't "dome up," or do you just cut the top part off so the frosting looks so pretty? 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 10:32:02 PM »
I have a question about cupcakes.  How do you make the top so it doesn't "dome up," or do you just cut the top part off so the frosting looks so pretty? 

Make sure you only fill the liners 2/3 full. I usually use an ice cream scoop to measure the batter out. Then I tap the pan a little to make sure all the batter is 'settled'.
Stink Eye

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 11:06:49 PM »
Make sure you only fill the liners 2/3 full. I usually use an ice cream scoop to measure the batter out. Then I tap the pan a little to make sure all the batter is 'settled'.

Well, your cupcakes are beautiful and before the boys even say it, it has nothing to do with sex. 

:whistling:

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »

Well, your cupcakes are beautiful and before the boys even say it, it has nothing to do with sex. 

:whistling:
Top of the muffin to you !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.