Author Topic: 70% of Largest U.S. Cities on Verge of Bankruptcy  (Read 188 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
70% of Largest U.S. Cities on Verge of Bankruptcy
« on: February 20, 2024, 08:57:15 PM »
70% of Largest U.S. Cities on Verge of Bankruptcy
https://www.dailyfetched.com/70-of-largest-u-s-cities-on-verge-of-bankruptcy/

70 percent of the largest cities in the United States did not have enough money to pay their bills in fiscal 2022.

According to a Truth in Accounting analysis of the latest annual comprehensive financial reports, 53 out of 75 cities did not have enough money to pay all of their bills.

TIA found that the 75 largest cities in the U.S. had $307.4 billion worth of assets available to pay bills, but their debt totaled $595.3 billion.

The analysis also noted that Pensions and healthcare accounted for the majority of the debt.

Original Report
https://www.truthinaccounting.org/library/doclib/Financial-State-of-the-Cities-2024.pdf

Most American cities are on the verge of bankruptcy. The surprising city not in financial distress is Washington, DC. New York City, Chicago, Portland, and San Francisco have serious financial distress. They are mostly Democrat run cities.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Airwolf

Re: 70% of Largest U.S. Cities on Verge of Bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 11:52:24 AM »
I was just going to ask who wwas in charge of those cities and you answered the question. Glad I am not living in any of them.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"