Author Topic: An Entire 200-Foot Tower Stolen From WJLX-AM Jasper.  (Read 236 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
An Entire 200-Foot Tower Stolen From WJLX-AM Jasper.
« on: February 10, 2024, 02:10:53 PM »
An Entire 200-Foot Tower Stolen From WJLX-AM Jasper.
https://www.insideradio.com/free/an-entire-200-foot-tower-stolen-from-wjlx-am-jasper/article_2d4a5234-c470-11ee-8d1e-5fff768fd725.html

Thieves toppled and stole the 200-foot tower of classic hits WJLX-AM (1240) in Jasper, AL. The theft was discovered late last week and also included the transmitter and other equipment.

Station owner and GM Brett Elmore broke the news on the station’s Facebook page on Friday, Feb. 2.

“This is going to get out eventually, so I might as well make it public before it does. I have heard of thieves in this area stealing anything, but this one takes the cake,” Station owner and GM Brett Elmore wrote in a posting. “This morning, my bush hog crew went down to a tower site we have behind MarJac to do an early cleanup of the property before we did some more work down there. When he arrived, he called and notified me that not only was my building vandalized, but my TWO HUNDRED FOOT TOWER WAS GONE! They stole every piece of equipment out of the building, cut the guy wires to the tower and SOMEHOW managed to down a 200' tower and take it from the property. Jasper Police is investigating and hopefully they will find who did it. It is a FEDERAL crime to tamper with a federally licensed facility. If you have any information, please call the Jasper Police Department at 205-221-2121.”

WJLX is a Class C AM station that operates at 1,000 watts. The station continues to broadcast via its FM translator, the Jasper-licensed W268BM at 101.5.

A whole antenna is stolen.  :o :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
Re: An Entire 200-Foot Tower Stolen From WJLX-AM Jasper.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 08:10:04 PM »
Did anyone notice WJLX was off the air?
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: An Entire 200-Foot Tower Stolen From WJLX-AM Jasper.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 09:40:32 AM »
I bet, pretty soon there will be a drug cartel radio station on the air!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!