Author Topic: Mexican violence threatens Rio Grande Valley/Obama Pulls Guard From Border  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Mexican violence threatens Texas's Rio Grande Valley

Heavy fighting between drug cartel gunmen and the Mexican military has broken out in the Tamaulipas towns of Nuevo Guerrero and Miguel Aleman this week, prompting the two international bridges linking both towns to Starr County,Texas to go on high alert to guard against spillover violence crossing into Texas.  Two international crossings in Starr County, the Falcon Dam crossing and the Starr County bridge, were put on alert Wednesday afternoon.
According to the AP news service and Mexico’s Defense Ministry, 11 Zeta gunmen were killed in heavy fighting on the Mexican side of Falcon Lake Dam, also on Wednesday afternoon.

Sheriff “Sigi” Gonzalez also reported that his office has received threats from people identifying themselves as drug cartel members. The threats say that “if you don’t back off you will be sorry.” Other law enforcement departments in the Rio Grande Valley also report the same threats.

"We've received information that there could be mass exodus of cartel members coming here," said Gonzalez. "We're on the lookout and not putting our hands down we're on high alert."
borderlandbeat.com

The Obama Administration plans to withdraw National Guard troops from the Texas, New Mexico and California borders by the end February under a new Southwest security plan, even as turmoil in Mexican border cities grows, according to documents obtained by The Washington Examiner.
A letter sent to various members of the Texas Congressional delegation from Texas' Gov. Rick Perry's office says, "In February, 2011, the Texas, New Mexico, and California National Guard forces that were deployed to the border in September, 2010, under President's Obama's Southwest Border Augmentation Plan, will have 30 days to complete a total draw down of forces."

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/national-guard/2010/11/18/obama-administration-plans-pull-back-national-guard-much-border#ixzz15nl5gwkO

Seven U.S. Senators sent a letter to DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano asking for answers about a recent investigation conducted by the Houston Chronicle that found a dramatic increase of dismissed immigration cases. The paper found a 700% increase in the number of cases dismissed in recent months.  Over the summer, there was a DHS internal memo that detailed ways the Obama Administration could stop deportations buying time for Congress to pass a mass amnesty bill.

"...Though the reports focused only on cases pending before Houston immigration judges, our understanding is that the ICE directive applies nationwide. Numerous criminal aliens are being released into society and are having proceedings terminated simply because ICE has decided that such cases do not fit within the Department’s chosen enforcement priorities. 
It appears that your Department is enforcing the law based on criteria it arbitrarily chose, with complete disregard for the enforcement laws created by Congress. 
As a result, it appears that your Department is doing the very thing that we have raised concerns about in several letters – allowing illegal aliens to evade the law while waiting, without much concern about removal, to one day obtain legal status.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/october-22-2010/senators-question-dhs-about-dismissed-immigration-cases-houston.html
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline longview

Re: Mexican violence threatens Rio Grande Valley/Obama Pulls Guard From Border
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 08:08:48 AM »
Unbelievable!!!

Offline true_blood

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »
The Obama Administration plans to withdraw National Guard troops from the Texas, New Mexico and California borders by the end February under a new Southwest security plan, even as turmoil in Mexican border cities grows, according to documents obtained by The Washington Examiner.
A letter sent to various members of the Texas Congressional delegation from Texas' Gov. Rick Perry's office says, "In February, 2011, the Texas, New Mexico, and California National Guard forces that were deployed to the border in September, 2010, under President's Obama's Southwest Border Augmentation Plan, will have 30 days to complete a total draw down of forces."
This community organizer is in way over his head. Hey Obama, I hear ACORN's looking to hire some organizers. Maybe you can stick with what you know best?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 02:56:56 PM »
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, while testifying before a Senate panel, said the United States’s southwest border is “as secure now as it has ever been.”

“I say this again as someone who has walked that border,” she said. “I’ve ridden that border. I’ve flown it. I’ve driven it. I know that border I think as well as anyone, and I will tell you it is as secure now as it has ever been.”
source

stupid lying bitch
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020