Author Topic: Hard Hat Pledge in NYC - "We Won't Build It" (WTC Mosque)  (Read 1492 times)

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
Hard Hat Pledge in NYC - "We Won't Build It" (WTC Mosque)
« on: September 20, 2010, 01:33:17 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/20/2010-08-20_we_wont_build_it_hardhats_say_no_way_they_will_work_on_wtc_mosque.html

A growing number of New York construction workers are vowing not to work on the mosque planned near Ground Zero.

"It's a very touchy thing because they want to do this on sacred ground," said Dave Kaiser, 38, a blaster who is working to rebuild the World Trade Center site.

"I wouldn't work there, especially after I found out about what the imam said about U.S. policy being responsible for 9/11," Kaiser said.

The grass-roots movement is gaining momentum on the Internet. One construction worker created the "Hard Hat Pledge" on his blog and asked others to vow not to work on the project if it stays on Park Place.

<exerpted>

Balance at link......

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
Re: Hard Hat Pledge in NYC - "We Won't Build It" (WTC Mosque)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 06:36:39 PM »
I am glad to see them stand up against it
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
I hope these guys/gals stand tall and don't build this victory mosque for that great "religion of peace". That is good to hear.
Let the cavemen build it themselves and we can walk in there dragging some bacon on the floor, since it will be "open to all people of all all faiths".

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:17:55 AM »
Unfortunately with unemployment in NYC and the slowdown in construction being what it is, it doesn't take a whole lot of people crossing to render this pledge moot.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:59:28 AM »
Just let Union workers build it. It's take 5 years longer than planned and run 10X's over budget.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.