Author Topic: Taxes ...  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Taxes ...
« on: July 25, 2018, 11:45:20 AM »
I just got a $500.00 bonus for referring people to the company I'm working for.  I knew the check was coming and figured it would be around $400.00, boy was I wrong!  LOL  I should have remembered that when you get a bonus so does the government.  THAT is something I would love to see Trump fix.

Out of the $500.00 the federal government took $165.00.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: Taxes ...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 12:50:27 PM »
Didn't you ever get a reup bonus?  They take about 28% of those...

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 01:25:11 PM »
Didn't you ever get a reup bonus?  They take about 28% of those...

No sir, I sure didn't.

I also get a quarterly bonus at my job and they take the same 33% of that bonus.  These people that claim our taxes are too low either don't pay attention, or they don't pay taxes.  Either way they're not paying.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 05:42:49 PM »
Those who complain aren't paying taxes, they are getting your tax $$$ and want more of it.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 06:10:03 PM »
I just got a $500.00 bonus for referring people to the company I'm working for.  I knew the check was coming and figured it would be around $400.00, boy was I wrong!  LOL  I should have remembered that when you get a bonus so does the government.  THAT is something I would love to see Trump fix.

Out of the $500.00 the federal government took $165.00.

KC

Some companies will factor the tax implications into your bonus.  For example, if the honchos want to give you a grand, they can make it approximately $1400 with the taxes then withheld and one would receive a check or direct deposit for about a grand.  Smart companies, that is.

For my sideline gigs, receive a 1099 at year end.  No taxes are taken out, but I intentionally sock away about 1/3 of it just for taxes.  On the tax return, it is bundled along the regular job where taxes are clearly withheld.  It is a pain, but proper preparation for the tax liability has gotta be done.

Consider it a good problem to have, so at least you did get some "crumbs".  :lmao:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »
As long as we have a Congress that can't reel in its spendaholic ways, we'll be paying through the nose for their perks.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.