Author Topic: In the last 2 years, I have become insane  (Read 963 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
In the last 2 years, I have become insane
« on: March 11, 2010, 09:54:27 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7899197

BootinUp (1000+ posts)        Thu Mar-11-10 09:27 PM
Original message
In the last 2 years, I have become insane

Just trying to keep my job as a non college grad in a competitive managerial position has literally caused me to be an insane asshole. I have lost friends here at DU and and other associates. I am so glad to live here in what is still Bush's Amurika.

I think I am now seeing a light....finally.

You became publicly recognized as insane the moment you registered at the DUmp.

BootinUp (1000+ posts)        Thu Mar-11-10 09:45 PM
Response to Reply #7
9. I already admitted I'm an asshole. lol.
   Its not just a mangerial position. Its a technical position, its in manufacturing. I've been doing it for 20+ years I know my shit. I learned and write software applications for the company in addition to the regular job. I have been working on a super duper auto certification program and its taking much longer than they like. They bring in an ex auto industry guy who has some of the same capabilities as me 2 years ago. Since then I have been threatened with losing my job at least once a month.

hows that?

In other words..."I was lazy and useless so didn`t get a promotion I wanted and have tried to undermine the person that did get the job."

unkachuck  (1000+ posts)          Thu Mar-11-10 09:58 PM
Response to Reply #9
11. there's....
   ....absolutely nothing wrong with unemployment, if you can afford it....I say, 20 years is long enough to be working at any stinkin' job....I wouldn't want to be doing something I loved, for 20 years....

....give up, take a break and smell the roses....it's later than you think....

I would rather you slit your wrists and stop being a parasite on society.

Newest Reality (33 posts)        Thu Mar-11-10 09:46 PM
Response to Original message
10. As we all know
   Sanity is merely a norm and somewhat of a psychological contrivance when you are not talking extremes.

Many of us going a bit daffy what with the sour road the machine has decided to take our collective behinds. Not to mention the rate of change, in many flavors, accelerating.

Go with it if you can and take heart that what you might mistake as losing your sanity is more like that annoying, even painful reshuffling of one's culturally-induced, mental constructs. Let them go, as required. There may be benefits not yet realized.

I consider myself unsane and that suits me fine. Every time I think I've lost my mind, a whimsical, Zennish voice reminds me that I haven't even found it yet. So, darn, so much for that.

Find out what works for you and work with it ... but be prepared for questions, discomfort, letting go of some cherished notions that will then simply drop and rot in your mind fields, providing some powerful, (and rather awful smelling) fertilizer for potentially refreshing harvests to come.

Nope,you should just be straight jacketed and removed from sane society.

Small bonfire so far but hopeful more proud loons will arrive.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: In the last 2 years, I have become insane
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »
My gawsh. These are the people who never lived long enough to matter, capitalism and welfare keep them alive. Do they know this?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:19:01 PM »
My gawsh. These are the people who never lived long enough to matter, capitalism and welfare keep them alive. Do they know this?

Hard to know anything when you are baked all the time.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:49:41 AM »
This thread proves a theory of mine about the DUmp:

DUmmies don't suffer from insanity....   :hammer:

They enjoy every second of it....   :banghead:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 09:29:32 AM »
This thread proves a theory of mine about the DUmp:

DUmmies don't suffer from insanity....   :hammer:

They enjoy every second of it....   :banghead:

Thing is, if they did enjoy it, would they be so down and disheartened all the time?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 09:40:40 AM »
No DUmbass, you were born insane and have been working on it your whole life.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 09:44:37 AM »
Whatayamean "have become"? That train left the station along time ago. Idiot!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 11:12:35 AM »
Well, shit.  I am not a college grad, have been doing what I'm doing for 20+ years, and have not been threatened with unemployment one time.

Gee, DUmbass, maybe the problem is you...
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 01:01:18 PM »
Unkachunk thinks that 20 years is long enough to work?  Are you kidding me?  Then what, how will he pay his bills?  They keep coming, you know, some even after you die.  A 38-40 year retirement age, I just can't get over the world they live in. 

OK, Unka, live in your refrigerator box if you can get something that nice.  I don't give a shit.  Welfare reform, put into place by Clinton, won't let you live for free from the age of 38 to 78.  If the guy's a Brit, though, he'll be OK. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 01:22:08 PM »
Unkachunk thinks that 20 years is long enough to work?  Are you kidding me?  Then what, how will he pay his bills?  They keep coming, you know, some even after you die.  A 38-40 year retirement age, I just can't get over the world they live in. 

You aren't looking at work from a democrat perspective. I think he meant 20 years is too long to stay in a job. You should change jobs, not necessarily retire. You see, when a democrat takes a job, especially a DUmmy democrat, it's minimum wage, entry level. After twenty years, the democrat is still doing exactly the same entry level job, and his pay increases have come through legislation, not promotion. So he quits, and makes a lateral move to another minimum wage job. From their perspective, those are career moves.

Which reminds me. Why haven't "progressive" nuts like The Kootch proposed automatic COLA increases in the minimum wage? That's where their base lives. The did it for Social Security, and they've done it for themselves, but they leave poor stupid Beth out there in the desert sucking on ketchup packets.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 02:29:02 PM »
You aren't looking at work from a democrat perspective. I think he meant 20 years is too long to stay in a job. You should change jobs, not necessarily retire. You see, when a democrat takes a job, especially a DUmmy democrat, it's minimum wage, entry level. After twenty years, the democrat is still doing exactly the same entry level job, and his pay increases have come through legislation, not promotion. So he quits, and makes a lateral move to another minimum wage job. From their perspective, those are career moves.

Which reminds me. Why haven't "progressive" nuts like The Kootch proposed automatic COLA increases in the minimum wage? That's where their base lives. The did it for Social Security, and they've done it for themselves, but they leave poor stupid Beth out there in the desert sucking on ketchup packets.

Uh......what was the reason Beth can't work? I'd feel guilty spongin' off my ma tha was more than likely on a limited income. Why else would she be losin' the place?

That's another thing! Ya notice when it comes to mom's property, it is now we, when she speaks of losing anything pertaining to the "Goat Ranch in the Desert"?

She really is despicable!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline kenth

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 09:01:05 PM »

Next you'll be telling us you expect us to work more than 3 days a week!