Author Topic: DUmmies pass on invite to join CU, insults and comedy ensues  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
DUmmies pass on invite to join CU, insults and comedy ensues
« on: September 03, 2018, 02:36:38 PM »
Was not responsible for this thread at all.  Just passing it on:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211086807

3 hrs ago
grumpyduck
Invitation from Conservative Underground
Okay, before you report me and insist this be deleted, please read on.

As I said in another post, I lurk over at CU now and then, mostly to see how low they will go to bash DUers.   A few times I've actually seen an argument in defense of a specific position, but mostly their comments seem to be personal (what idiots we are) instead of directed at the issue involved. Please read on.

Now they have issued an invitation for us to come over and discuss stuff. As the fellow who issued the invitation put it, "to have some fun." The responses to his invitation have been... okay, I'll say it... pretty insulting to us: personal put-downs instead of comments on how we disagree or how an exchange of ideas might be useful. Which got me to thinking.

Granted DU and CU are both chat rooms, i.e., places to vent and commisserate with like-minded folks from the privacy of a username. I don't have a clue what would constitute a "serious political discussion forum," but neither one of them seem to be one. What IS noticeable is that nowadays people (and I see it here too) seem to be indulging in a lot of personal put-downs and spitball-throwing instead of addressing the issues involved. "If you don't agree with me, you're a ****ing asshole" and such. Maybe it's just easier to call someone a moron instead of responding to what he/she said.

There's a huge difference between saying that somebody's specific comment was galaxy-class beyond-****ing-shitbrained-stupid, and calling that individual, personally, a ****ing asshole. One addreses the comment and the other addresses the person.

Over the past few years, and especially over the past year and a half, a lot of people seem to have lost the ability to tell the difference.

Reminds me of name-calling back in grammar school. I thought I had left that behind.

If someone has time, feel free to copy the hilarious responses.  Still there and not deleted after 60+ replies.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jb2u11

Re: DUmmies pass on invite to join CU, insults and comedy ensues
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 03:44:34 PM »
Star Member Eliot Rosewater (17,509 posts)

51. Look deeper, what they are doing is profiling us and preparing for a physical war against us

individually.

Be very careful.

ooops, they're onto us, now we have to scrap the entire plan

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 03:51:47 PM »
well well well, looks who's back, thought she was dead:

Response to grumpyduck (Original post)Mon Sep 3, 2018, 12:17 PM
Grasswire2 (602 posts)
9. Remember ANDY STEPHENSON. Period. nt

About Me

Member 2002 - 2016, with 50,000+ posts. Re-upped for the fight ahead

:rotf: and over 600 posts in less than six weeks. :whatever:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »
Sorry folks, busy Labor Day.  Even with relentless rain ruining my outdoor plans.

But have the entire DUmp thread saved in case it does get zapped.  Used to be a time that such a reference to CU or the Cave would be deleted almost immediately.  Shall check back later on, my friends.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 04:48:23 PM »
Lots of intelligent and well thought out replies over there! :lmao:
Ellipsis (7,713 posts)
1. **** CU.

....and this trolling Labor Day, I got nothing better to do, thread.

struggle4progress (97,709 posts)
2. Please tell them I think they are stinkie dumb poopie heads

Definitely a intelligent literati  :rotf:

Star Member LuvLoogie (4,160 posts)
3. To any lurking CU members: if you voted for Trump...

**** Right Off.

Panties in a wad?  :-)

highplainsdem (17,544 posts)
4. I don't go into sewers, or recommend that anyone else go there.

They are really interested in different opinions. :thatsright: :loser:

mitch96 (1,754 posts)
31. "I don't go into sewers"

Well I went to a gun centric sewer the other day, just to take the pulse.. Well what do you know they are quoting and adding links to the DU!! Of course to make fun of us "libatards" and PROVE how wrong we are.... And yes they are talking civil war... Just look at the crazy liberal that shot up that good republican steve scalice. Bless their hearts...

They may be catching on to us!  :thatsright: :rant:

beachbum bob (7,235 posts)
6. If any conservative could do a reasoned debate based on critical thinking, they

would not be a conservative in the first place. I took on the republicans and libertarians in the old political crossfire forum before it was shut down and believe me, I never lost a debate as soon the opposition spiraled into personal attacks. They simply can not handle facts or reality, period. **** them. My fun is working to take back our country.

beachbumbob is a legend in his own mind!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

lark (10,334 posts)
8. Haven't been on CU, but have seen responses on some other sites and they are horrendous.

My husband reads Drudge to see what the other side is saying and shows me some of the stuff. It's hair singeing horrible, almost exclusively! When fairly moderate folks respond, they get absolutely killed and it's taken very personally. I tell him I won't pollute my life with their hate and asked him months go to not share the sludge with me. Besides the whole title is a lie, the party of drumpf isn't conservative, it's activity oligarchs and russia repugs only - populated by the most ignorant, racist and horrible people in America.

No thanks!!

This stupid cow hasen't looked in a mirror in a while! :lmao: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 06:51:22 PM »
beachbum bob (7,235 posts)
6. If any conservative could do a reasoned debate based on critical thinking, they

would not be a conservative in the first place. I took on the republicans and libertarians in the old political crossfire forum before it was shut down and believe me, I never lost a debate as soon the opposition spiraled into personal attacks. They simply can not handle facts or reality, period. **** them. My fun is working to take back our country. 

Wow, that has precisely been my experience with Libtards!!!  What a coincidence! :-)

I used to be a member at the website supporting the WIlliam Strauss and Neil Howe books on Generation Theory (the website is now defunct).  The liberals deliberately twisted things into bizarre contortions, claimed that facts were not facts because of the source (i.e. any source that was not Marxist was not to be trusted and therefore the fact was dismissed as untrue), and at times just instantly began with sneering personal attacks.

"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 09:11:11 PM »
well well well, looks who's back, thought she was dead:

:rotf: and over 600 posts in less than six weeks. :whatever:

Who was this "Andy Stephenson" we're supposed to remember?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 10:24:23 PM »
This country was founded upon the concept of individualism, not collectivism. The primitives are interested in collectivism, which is the very opposite of freedom. If people decide individually to work collectively, that's fine. But to want the gov't to compel individuals to cooperate collectively in areas that are not traditional functions of gov't (i.e. universal healthcare), or to want a country that doesn't uphold traditional moral values, is the very opposite of freedom. The further left the USA turns, the less it deserves to exist. The country they want can't last, therefore it's not worth the effort.

Besides, I'm more intelligent than all the primitives combined, so except as entertainment value and pointing and laughing at their stupidity, they bore me.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 01:00:41 PM »

**** Right Off.

MAGA  bitch.  :cheersmate:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 02:29:45 PM »

John has a long mustache, I repeat John has a long mustache. The chair is against the wall, I repeat the chair is against the wall.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 02:33:47 PM »
John has a long mustache, I repeat John has a long mustache. The chair is against the wall, I repeat the chair is against the wall.  :-)

You went Full-Mustache! Never go Full-Mustache! :rimshot:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 02:58:34 PM »
Yes the democrat party as a whole is really super duper smart.  I mean how else can one think that the wage gap is super important stand that we should open or country to super low wage earners to keep tomatoes cheap?

Which as always begs the question, does one have to be mentally ill to vote democrat or does voting democrat make one mentally ill.  Either way...
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 04:26:27 PM »

**** Right Off.

Hey DUmmies...and yes you LuvLoogie....guess what...I voted for Cruz I'm hated by both sides.

Suck it like Kapernick.

And you better be careful...there are Mods and members of the MIRT team that are long time moles at $kimmers Island for all you know you've given one or more of them a Gold Star when they asked.  The next reprimand might just be from one of them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 04:28:07 PM »
The irony of them lurking here to know that we lurk there flies right over their pointy heads.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 04:33:51 PM »
Response to grumpyduck (Original post)Mon Sep 3, 2018, 12:17 PM
Grasswire2 (602 posts)
9. Remember ANDY STEPHENSON. Period. nt

Remember Andy...*snort* yes remember the money he scammed you DUmmies out of.  Remember it wasn't us or outing his money laundering that killed him too.

Someone remind WillPitt I left him unable to answer simple questions about the whole scam when he showed up at CU.

Yeah...remember that.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 07:20:48 PM »

**** Right Off.

:yawn:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 07:56:37 PM »

Guess we better dial the ParGen back a notch or two.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 10:22:15 PM »
Bless their hearts. They will never learn the rule: don't go full retard. Of course, I guess they just can't help it.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 04:12:08 AM »
Bless their hearts. They will never learn the rule: don't go full retard. Of course, I guess they just can't help it.

How can they avoid going ‘full retard’ when they’re full retards to begin with?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 07:12:28 AM »
They make me think of the cowardly lion from The Wizard of Oz
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 08:00:27 AM »
More like the lollypop guild.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 08:04:04 AM »

Like this video clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2itQkiQUOE
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2018, 11:36:09 AM »
At DU the Hate bus is never late. IF they had one operating brain cell in their heads they would realize that the BS they are shoveling is a lie even about Scamdy. Txradioguy is right.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2018, 06:12:42 PM »
Who was this "Andy Stephenson" we're supposed to remember?

Not to worry coach.
It's best to forget victims as soon as possible.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2018, 06:18:25 PM »
Star Member Eliot Rosewater (17,509 posts)

51. Look deeper, what they are doing is profiling us and preparing for a physical war against us

individually.

Be very careful.

Why yes dummie, yes we are.  We don't even bother to hide it now. Once Der TrumpenFuhrer took control, the circle became complete and there is no reason to deny it. 

Be afraid dummie, be very afraid.

Naw. They view everything from their perspective.  They believe we will act like they do... sit around and type up nonsensical rants on a board,  catch a buzz and then go to bed.  They are too stupid to realize that the main camp sites are in Colorado and Colorado has legal weed for a reason.   :evillaugh:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi