Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke, Kennedyesque: a dangerous drunk  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Delmar

Beto O'Rourke, Kennedyesque: a dangerous drunk
« on: September 01, 2018, 09:48:57 AM »
Fri Aug 31, 2018, 05:54 PM
oberliner (55,024 posts)

Beto O'Rourke DWI episode in 1998 included car crash and alleged attempt to flee

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Chemisse (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).
Source: Washington Post

Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Tex.), who is mounting a spirited bid to unseat Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), was involved in a drunken driving episode 20 years ago in which he crashed into another vehicle and sought to flee
, according to police reports from the time.

Though O’Rourke’s DWI arrest has long been publicly known — and seemed not to hinder his political career — the reports that surfaced this week suggest that the episode was more serious than detailed in previous media accounts.

The state and local police reports, published Thursday night by the Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News, say that O’Rourke, who was 26 at the time, was driving drunk at what a witness called “a high rate of speed” in a 75 mph zone of an interstate when he lost control of his Volvo and hit a truck.

The reports say the impact sent O’Rourke’s car across the center median, where it came to a complete stop. Then, according to a witness, O’Rourke “attempted to leave the scene,” the reports say. The police officer who responded was dispatched at 3 a.m.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/beto-orourke-dwi-episode-in-1998-included-car-crash-and-alleged-attempt-to-flee/2018/08/31/6fff5bb8-ad3a-11e8-8a0c-70b618c98d3c_story.html
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10142148458

The primitives have been going on for months about what a dreamboat Beto is, about how he's just like the Kennedys, how he has a super cool haircut just like the Kennedys, how he was in a groovy punk band, and on and on. 

Now it turns out that there is some truth to what the shitgibbons over at democrat underground have been babbling about.  O'Rourke got loaded, crashed his car, and tried to flee the scene--just like Ted Kennedy.  And he managed to pull all this off without messing up his gorgeous hairdo, as his attractive mugshot proves.

Response to oberliner (Original post)Fri Aug 31, 2018, 05:59 PM
bettyellen (46,761 posts)
3. I don't care, do you?
Response to bettyellen (Reply #3)Fri Aug 31, 2018, 06:06 PM
Star Member Pachamama (11,389 posts)
7. Nope....

I have seen far far worse from elected members in Congress
and the current occupant of the White House
He didn't leave a woman to die like Ted Kennedy did but it was still pretty bad.

Response to George II (Reply #35)Fri Aug 31, 2018, 07:33 PM
Star Member Eliot Rosewater (17,485 posts)
59. Democrats dont care about this story.

Liberals dont care.
Democrats dont care
etc

Response to oberliner (Original post)Fri Aug 31, 2018, 06:07 PM
Star Member spooky3 (21,427 posts)
8. How does a 20 year old incident qualify as "late breaking news"?

As the commenters at the WaPo site explained in a dozen different ways, this story has been out there a LONG time, Beto has addressed it repeatedly, and even with the worst interpretation, it is nowhere close to the many incidents involving Trump—or even the Bushes/Cheney.
I can remember a BS story that had the shitgibbons really wiggle waggling their armpits about how Mitt Romney had held a gay classmate down and given him a haircut back in his prep school days. 

Response to oberliner (Original post)Fri Aug 31, 2018, 09:44 PM
samir.g (571 posts)
91. I don't care if he has 1000 DWIs
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Mary Ann

Re: Beto O'Rourke, Kennedyesque: a dangerous drunk
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 05:12:34 PM »
Response to oberliner (Original post)Fri Aug 31, 2018, 06:07 PM
Star Member spooky3 (21,427 posts)
8. How does a 20 year old incident qualify as "late breaking news"?
But in 2012 it was revealed (and considered TOTALLY relevant) that at age 17 Mitt Romney (may have) cut a (maybe gay) kid's hair. Thereby permanently rendering himself morally unfit to be president.

If it weren't for double standards the DUmp would have no standards.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 05:59:12 PM »
oberliner (55,024 posts)

Beto O'Rourke DWI episode in 1998 included car crash and alleged attempt to flee

The only things missing are an Oldsmobile Delmont 88, a rickety wooden bridge, and an office gal in the passenger seat....

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 06:39:08 PM »
B(M)ueller, B(M)ueller, please.

Let's not forget Laura Bush and the DUmp assault on her. Anyone with a bit of Google Foo can shirley find the references at the DUmp.   Here is one for starters:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x731896 

Need I say more? Sauce for the gander as the saying goes.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 07:22:05 AM »
Cruz' campaign pointed out Robert's criminal record - well not exactly a criminal record, as Robert went into a diversion program in lieu of being prosecuted. Vox and similar ProgMedia tried to deny it, and the Houston Chronicle spilled the rest of the beans (That's a metaphor, son, that's a metaphor!). And now the WashPost has published the story as well. I wonder if they sense Robert is not doing well and are publishing some late-in-the-day CYA.

Did I mention that O'Rourke's name is "Robert"? Just in case I forgot, O'Rourke's name is "Robert". If an R tried Robert's phony nickname shtick they'd get called out for cultural appropriation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 03:59:30 PM »

Let's not forget Laura Bush and the DUmp assault on her. Anyone with a bit of Google Foo can shirley find the references at the DUmp.   Here is one for starters:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x731896 

My first thought too.  Screw Robert O'Rourke.  His given name, and he has no Hispanic heritage.  Cultural appropriation.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 08:05:36 AM »
My first thought too.  Screw Robert O'Rourke.  His given name, and he has no Hispanic heritage.  Cultural appropriation.

Cruz needs to call him out in a debate, or ASAP, so 'Beto' will have to defend his cultural appropriation for the rest of the campaign.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 09:48:31 AM »
Cruz needs to call him out in a debate, or ASAP, so 'Beto' will have to defend his cultural appropriation for the rest of the campaign.
I think I read that Beto turned down a debate with Cruz. Cruz would have mopped the floor with Beto.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 09:51:15 AM »
1998, eh?  Just two years later they were all over W as unacceptable because of an old DWI incident.  The worm turns.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 10:01:15 AM »

Gotta love this!!

Quote from:
John1956PA

33. In 1994, A&E's "Investigative Reports" offered an alternative version of the events.
The following narrative was prepared by L. James Hammond, a viewer of the "Investigative Reports" episode to which I refer. Mr. Hammond's narrative can be found at http://www.ljhammond.com/phlit/2004-12c.htm .

According to "Investigative Reports'" version of the events, Mary Jo Kopechne was driving the car at the time of the accident. She was alone in the car, as Kennedy was then walking back to the cottage. After arriving back at the cottage, Kennedy's clothing was dry and he did not recruit fellow-party goers to take him to the accident scene. Rather, he was not even aware of the accident until many hours later - after he returned to his lodging, slept, awoke, dressed, and prepared to go sailing.

My purpose in posting this is not to defend Kennedy or to take sides in the debate of what he did or did not do on the night of the accident. My purpose is simply to mention a version which, in A&E's eyes, has evidentiary support.

Quote from:
Narrative prepared by L. James Hammond:

Mary Jo Kopechne was driving the car when it went off the bridge; she was alone in the car. The car was unfamiliar to her (it belonged to Kennedy), and the area was unfamiliar to her. It was late at night, she had been at a party, perhaps she had been drinking. She was driving fast, trying to get away from a sheriff. Kennedy had been in the car with Mary Jo; they were on Dike Road, which was known as a “lovers lane”.

When a sheriff approached them, they drove off fast, Kennedy at the wheel. Then Kennedy got out of the car, because he didn’t want to be caught with Mary Jo, caught speeding, caught driving drunk. Mary Jo, alone in the car, sped off to escape the sheriff, and skidded on the bridge. The bridge was narrow, and had no railings. The car skidded off the bridge, and landed in the tidal pond upside down. Once the car was in the pond, it probably filled with water (since it was July, windows were probably open in the car). Mary Jo may have been unable to open the car doors because of the pressure of the water. Or she may have been jolted by the accident, and unable even to attempt to open the car doors.

Kennedy returned to his guest house, and assumed that Mary Jo was okay; he didn’t know that the car had skidded off the bridge. People at the guest house found Kennedy normal and composed late that night, and early the next morning. Kennedy phoned no one — neither his friends nor the police — until morning. Once he learned of Mary Jo’s death, he conferred with his advisers, and they decided that since it was his car, since people knew that he was with Mary Jo, and since he couldn’t admit to leaving the car when the sheriff was in pursuit, he had to pretend that he was driving the car when it rolled into the water. He invented a string of lies to save his career; he even appeared in public with a neck brace, as if he had been injured in the accident.

You've got to be a special level of whacko to believe this junk. But the primitives believe anything that protects their ideology, and will expand beyond reason anything that might damage those to whom they are opposed.

IOW  :mental:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 10:26:34 AM »

They had seven debates scheduled, but Robert has already tapped out on the first one.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 03:29:53 PM »
Beto is as Latino as Sheriff Bart is Dutch.

His name is Robert Francis O'Rourke.

He should go by Falso not Beto.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 08:36:41 AM »
I think I read that Beto turned down a debate with Cruz. Cruz would have mopped the floor with Beto.
Ellen and her viewers were more important to Robert than the voters in Texas.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 09:54:00 AM »

Based on the apparent close poll #'s, I'm certain Senator Cruz will.  Have a difficult time believing that TX would vote in Robbie.

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 09:58:43 PM »
My son was very nearly killed Saturday morning while on his way home from work, he was stopped at a stop light and the bastard drunk hit the rear of his car at over 60 mph, my sons car burst into flames, it was only due to the quick thinking and actions of a witness that my son made it out of that car.......he had just completed his first shift at work after spending a month fighting wild fires here in Washington.  All drunk drivers should hang. :bird:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 06:12:14 AM »
My son was very nearly killed Saturday morning while on his way home from work, he was stopped at a stop light and the bastard drunk hit the rear of his car at over 60 mph, my sons car burst into flames, it was only due to the quick thinking and actions of a witness that my son made it out of that car.......he had just completed his first shift at work after spending a month fighting wild fires here in Washington.  All drunk drivers should hang. :bird:

Holy cow!  I'm glad you're son survived.  Hopefully his injuries are not too serious and will heal quickly.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 05:41:17 PM »
bitch has a history of running away - he went on the Ellen Degenerate show instead of debating Cruz.

oh this fake Hispanic. He talks about his "roots" Here:

https://youtu.be/Hz-1fevQq40

but he manages to leave out:

https://ghost.report/2018/06/04/beto-orourke-clean-cut-man-with-a-dirty-family-file-pt-1/

In way over his head with Ted Cruz.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 11:26:47 PM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 04:12:34 PM »
what is the matter with this guy? I realize he's a libtard but he has to know he's running for the Senate in Texas, not in Kalifornia:

http://m.navasotaexaminer.com/news/article_8116f2c2-b090-11e8-b002-43b453a4b6fa.html?mode=jqm

“I do not normally attend rental events, but I attended Saturday to make sure things ran smoothly,” said Dry, who noted there were only two requests he could not allow at the VFW Post. “They wanted to open the doors (to the Flight Deck Lounge) and I couldn’t allow that and they wanted to take the flags down, I didn’t only say no, I said hell no, you don’t take the flags off the wall. I can’t believe any American would ask us to do that and I don’t know why he wanted them down or what he was going to put up instead.”

probably the Mexican flag. Fraud.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2018, 04:20:30 PM »
“I do not normally attend rental events, but I attended Saturday to make sure things ran smoothly,” said Dry, who noted there were only two requests he could not allow at the VFW Post. “They wanted to open the doors (to the Flight Deck Lounge) and I couldn’t allow that and they wanted to take the flags down, I didn’t only say no, I said hell no, you don’t take the flags off the wall. I can’t believe any American would ask us to do that and I don’t know why he wanted them down or what he was going to put up instead.”
[/color]

Che Guevara or Antifa flag would be my guess.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 06:31:04 PM »
what is the matter with this guy? I realize he's a libtard but he has to know he's running for the Senate in Texas, not in Kalifornia:

http://m.navasotaexaminer.com/news/article_8116f2c2-b090-11e8-b002-43b453a4b6fa.html?mode=jqm

probably the Mexican flag. Fraud.

Robbie probably wears pig socks ala his hero Colin Zero.