Author Topic: Omaha Steve's happy.....for now  (Read 1497 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Omaha Steve's happy.....for now
« on: August 25, 2018, 01:33:06 PM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/medicaid-expansion-gets-enough-signatures-to-appear-on-november-ballot-ne/

Oh my.

Omaha Steve (1417 posts)   August 24, 2018 at 1:30 pm

Medicaid expansion gets enough signatures to appear on November ballot (NE)

Medicaid expansion will appear on the November general election ballot, Nebraska Secretary of State John Gale announced on Friday.

County election officials finished reviewing the 136,791 signatures submitted as part of the petition to expand Medicaid eligibility.

Of those, 104,477 signatures were certified as valid, for a 74 percent acceptance rate, Gale said.

“After careful review by our counties, I can confirm that the statutory requirements for valid signatures have been met,” Gale said.

FULL story: https://www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/health/medicaid-expansion-gets-enough-signatures-to-appear-on-november-ballot/article_76ea1cdc-7ab2-57e5-a058-2c32c3a03b8b.html

Of course.

Everybody's happy to sign a petition they think won't cost they themselves any money.

And of course it's going to pass in the November elections, although probably not by as wide a margin as the big slob hopes.

And then what?

A unicorn's going to prance underneath the arc of a rainbow and start shitting money for it.

Or so supporters, who think "other people" are going to pay for it, hope.

I swear, my fellow Nebraskan's got fat inside his skull, not cerebral cells.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Omaha Steve's happy.....for now
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 02:14:39 PM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/medicaid-expansion-gets-enough-signatures-to-appear-on-november-ballot-ne/

Oh my.

Of course.

Everybody's happy to sign a petition they think won't cost they themselves any money.

And of course it's going to pass in the November elections, although probably not by as wide a margin as the big slob hopes.

And then what?

A unicorn's going to prance underneath the arc of a rainbow and start shitting money for it.

'Free Lunch' initiatives like this are the Demonrats' favorite way to drive the freeloader turnout, and hence benefit their general election candidates.  It's how MO got McCaskill for a Senator, the first time she ran was a mid-term with a minimum wage increase referendum on the ballot.  They know their target demographic.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »
Expect wait times to go up exponentially in the ERs across the state.  The real paying taxpayer will have to wait hours/days to get in now.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 06:37:32 PM »
Haven't the brain-eating sewage worms finished off Omaha Steve yet, or is brain-eaten Steve indistinguishable from. regular old Steve?

Any chance Steve is in the deep freeze, and Marta is trying to collect his pension?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 06:42:49 PM »
Haven't the brain-eating sewage worms finished off Omaha Steve yet, or is brain-eaten Steve indistinguishable from. regular old Steve?

Any chance Steve is in the deep freeze, and Marta is trying to collect his pension?

One can hope . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 08:19:08 PM »

I wonder.  That acquaintance of mine who's a funeral director in Omaha, and who has a special super-sized casket in his inventory, still has it in his inventory, unused.  He's carried it on the books since May 2017, about the time of the publicly-proclaimed (by Omaha Steve) anticipated event, and would like to get rid of it.  Probably if poor dear Marta asked for a discount on it, she'd get it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 08:23:25 PM »

Medicaid expansion will appear on the November general election ballot, Nebraska Secretary of State John Gale announced on Friday.

County election officials finished reviewing the 136,791 signatures submitted as part of the petition to expand Medicaid eligibility.

Of those, 104,477 signatures were certified as valid, for a 74 percent acceptance rate, Gale said.

“After careful review by our counties, I can confirm that the statutory requirements for valid signatures have been met,” Gale said.

Why ain't you dead yet?  Man alive you dummies sure take a long time to die.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 08:25:48 PM »

I don't think they make a freezer that big.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 11:18:03 AM »

Oh my.

Of course.

And then what?

Frank, you know your fellow Nebraskan's better than I but I doubt that they will go for another Omabacare like plan that takes their tax dollars to pay for Steves conditions not that it is aimed at him personally but he doesn't deserve a free ride he never worked for.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 11:19:34 AM »

No I saw him not that long ago at an event in Omaha still walking and talking and if he is so sick then why is that happening?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »
No I saw him not that long ago at an event in Omaha still walking and talking and if he is so sick then why is that happening?

It could be that he went to Lourdes, and got miraculously cured.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 11:47:22 AM »
Either that or it's never been an issue like a lot of freeloaders on the dole.
MOLON LABE

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 01:19:59 PM »
Supplemental...

The only reason this schema is allowed is because the bulk of the money will be coming from subsidies explicitlly outlined in Obamacare, so Texans and other conservatives will be paying for this boondoggle as well. This is a direct result of the failure of the GOP Congress to repeal Obamacare.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 06:14:34 PM »

Great now who's gonna pay for it?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 11:56:52 AM »
The taxpayers of course.
MOLON LABE

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 06:24:18 PM »
Why ain't you dead yet?  Man alive you dummies sure take a long time to die.

It really doesn't matter when they die, they'll keep voting for decades aftèr they putrify.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”