Author Topic: Parents forum  (Read 7761 times)

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
Parents forum
« on: January 11, 2011, 06:48:01 PM »
Just a little idea I have had what if we had a forum for parents to post pictures and great things that their kids have done kind of a brag book for them to show off their great kids both the child ones and the furry ones
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Parents forum
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 07:34:28 PM »
Duly noted. We don't typically start child boards unless there is a popular demand so for now feel free to use The Spa for this. That area is protected and can't be viewed unless you have a certain post count. Also, while we're on the subject....as a gentle reminder to everyone....please be wise about what you post and share. Especially your personal life or family.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »
Not only NO, but HELL NO!! I will not subject a family and their children to the perils of the internet, nor will I allow it!!
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 08:33:03 PM »
Sorry I thought it would be fun I did not mean any harm

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »

A better place to share pictures and whatnot might be on CC's facebook page.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 08:57:56 PM »

We know.  It's all good hon. You can never be too safe, ya know.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 09:02:41 PM »
Not only NO, but HELL NO!! I will not subject a family and their children to the perils of the internet, nor will I allow it!!

Agree & disagree.

It's nice to get to know each other's families for those of us that trust each other.  But then we have to remember that there are people on this site with bad intentions.  We honestly have no idea who we are really talking with online.  An occasional picture of our families is okay.  That way we can see a face with the name.

I'm fairly comfortable with most of the members here... except for a few that actually do have access to The Spa.  I just wouldn't feel comfortable. 

But a parent's board to speak about parenting topics, that would be okay in my eyes.   
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »
Agree & disagree.

It's nice to get to know each other's families for those of us that trust each other.  But then we have to remember that there are people on this site with bad intentions.  We honestly have no idea who we are really talking with online.  An occasional picture of our families is okay.  That way we can see a face with the name.

I'm fairly comfortable with most of the members here... except for a few that actually do have access to The Spa.  I just wouldn't feel comfortable.  

But a parent's board to speak about parenting topics, that would be okay in my eyes.  

That could be a consideration. I'll bring it before the staff.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »
That is a good idea Jess that way we can ask each other questions and advice

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 09:29:29 PM »
My rule of thumb is that you shouldn't share anything online (here or anywhere) that you wouldn't want a stranger reading if they happened across your computer or shoebox full of photos and momentos. As long as you would be okay with that, then feel free to share. Please folks, use good judgment. Another suggestion is to put a time limit on what you post. Take the image off of your photo hosting account after a few days so the image can no longer be seen.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »
I've had & seen too many problems with people, in general, posting pics of themselves online. Ever hear of Photoshop?? Sometimes photograph manipulations are done in fun, sometimes out of spite. Just remember, them moment you post a photo online, a right click, save, et voila, your pic is swiped. Like Dixie said , use some caution. Photos have also been used to abduct school aged children or stalk women. Facebook is a little safer because we generally know who our friends are, but not always. I would HATE that harm come to somebody or their family because of this forum.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 09:38:45 PM »
I just thought some of us are proud parents and it would be fun to share that's why I asked.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 09:41:34 PM »
It's not a matter of questioning the members motives. Quite the opposite in fact. We are just urging everyone to use caution and good judgment because it's an internet forum. Feel free to share in the Spa or Lounge.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:16 PM »
Very true don't want the DUmmies looking at our kids

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 09:51:34 PM »
The Lounge is open to all "members".

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 10:16:29 PM »
So if we were to just have one for questions and advice would that be a bad thing

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:46 PM »
Back in the olden days (say the 900s AD Norway, for Thor) the women had, on an average, of ten kids before they died.

On an average, 50% of those kids made it to the age of seven.

Of those who made it to seven, 50% survived to the age of fifteen.

Those who made it to fifteen, 40% made it to twenty-five.

Less than 1% total made it to thirty-five.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zy60YGs81k&feature=channel[/youtube]

Ah...the good old day!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:46:39 PM by dutch508 »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 10:27:29 AM »
I've had & seen too many problems with people, in general, posting pics of themselves online. Ever hear of Photoshop?? Sometimes photograph manipulations are done in fun, sometimes out of spite. Just remember, them moment you post a photo online, a right click, save, et voila, your pic is swiped. Like Dixie said , use some caution. Photos have also been used to abduct school aged children or stalk women. Facebook is a little safer because we generally know who our friends are, but not always. I would HATE that harm come to somebody or their family because of this forum.

If that isn't the truth. I've been posting on another board for almost 10 years now, it can be described as an entertainment type board with a small political forum, of course there was bad blood between the left and the few conservatives that posted there, I made the mistake of putting hubby and my pic in a siggy banner I did, come to find out the left had a little secret forum and they swiped my pic, morphed it and titled it "The Anti-Christ" :censored: That was it as far as posting hubby or my pic on forums. I posted my pic in my Avatar about a week ago and removed it right away, too many lurkers that would be able to see and swipe it.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 02:51:10 PM »
In answer to the initial question posed:

:moderator:

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
In answer to the initial question posed:

:moderator:

how did you get a picture of one of my cat's?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 08:54:39 PM »
^LOL!!! Yeah I think I know that cat.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 07:13:17 AM »
FYI, assorted parenting forums can be found through here: http://www.parentingforums.org/frontpage/index.php

Offline Max

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 07:52:18 AM »
Agree & disagree.

It's nice to get to know each other's families for those of us that trust each other.  But then we have to remember that there are people on this site with bad intentions.  We honestly have no idea who we are really talking with online.  An occasional picture of our families is okay.  That way we can see a face with the name.

I'm fairly comfortable with most of the members here... except for a few that actually do have access to The Spa.  I just wouldn't feel comfortable. 

There's a spa?
Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 10:20:18 AM »
There's a spa?
Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Yes, but I am in need of the real life spa too.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 11:08:54 PM »
Yes, but I am in need of the real life spa too.

Me too after the last 2 days it would be heaven.