Author Topic: Wall Street adviser: Actual unemployment is 37.2%  (Read 11148 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: Wall Street adviser: Actual unemployment is 37.2%
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 05:40:18 PM »
No, he told me he never went to Ranger school. After I told him I was calling the Regiment for a tab check. He never claimed to be outright.

Parts of the story check out, but there are a whole bunch of red flags I am trying to get answered. I talked to vets as listed above. Batts said he didn't know him, but he could check, the story of Thomas starting up the first reunion is bullshit, as per a phone call with one of the guys who did.

So, jury is still out til I hear what more he has to say and what others say too.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ranger75

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 06:10:17 PM »
Yeah... that might be the way to go. He has already backed off his claim of being a Ranger- at least school trained. He was correct in that alot of the Ranger Company guys in Vietnam didn't go through the course.

So that leaves us with his claims of being in H Company and L Company.

I have one guy from L Company who says he knew a Thomas Sweetnam and one guy that doesn't. I did find one article listing that name as a surviver from a helecopter crash in 1970 that killed the two guys he claims were his buddies.

So- either we do have a veteran who is just an ass or a poser who has assumed a real vet's identity... for some reason.

Too many red flags but some truth in parts of the story. Jon might like to sink his teeth into this one.

Read it and weep, jerkoff:      http://www.aircav-condors.org/node/65

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 06:42:36 PM »
Read it and weep, jerkoff:      http://www.aircav-condors.org/node/65

I already did. I found that yesterday. In fact- you quoted me mentioning it. I found it though looking for you buddies you say that were killed. I see a name that matches what you say your name is.

However- I talked with Randy. and he says he knew you... but he didn't recall that you were having an issue with each other. He was going to try to get ahold of you and find out what the deal was. I haven't heard back from him yet. I spoke with Batts, he didn't know you but wanted to know who your platoon SGT was.
What Batts also said was he didn't know anything about you helping found the Association or the reunion in Campbell. I have a call out to Gilbert. Batts was going to get me Lynch's number to call too. He said call him and solve whatever issue you have.

So, right now I am either thinking you are just an asshole- abit one that was in Vietnam with L Co who padded his own history a bit, or a guy who assumed this online name to be cool.

Neither makes much sense to me, so I am waiting on a few more phone calls.

You got a good photo of you back in the day and from today? I am all for giving you the benfit of the doubt but too many remain right now.

Also- you are still a pilot? I read one of your posts about doing ISR runs. Where was that?

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »
Ranger Team Kenya
Submitted by Richard Frazee on Sun, 04/24/2011 - 22:37
An Insertion Gone Wrong
The Story of Team Kenya 25
August 29, 1970
By Randy White, With input from the L Company and 2/17 Cav personnel involved.

So... another question. Randy White wrote this and ...

Right?

Hold the phone- Literally.

Well, Thomas, It looks like I owe you a big apology. Randy just called me back. Seems I didn't talk with Randy this morning. It was someone else- his wife (thought the voice sounded high). Randy White does confirm your story. He says you are a ****ing asshole and he doesn't have anything to do you with anymore, but he met you before you all went over to Vietnam and you served in the Company until you left to PSYOPs in early 71. He said Batts did get there in March- after you left.

So- after I explained to you via PM about why we sniff out posers did you suddenly get all shithead asshole on us? All that was going to happen today was me making a few phone calls but them late last night you throw down the gauntlet.

No need to bring all this on, Thomas.

There were a few too many holes in your story and your refusal to even talk about them set off too many flags, Thomas. We have dealt with some real phonies before and they all act the same.

BUT- anyway- I am sorry we had to put you through this. It would have been easier if you had just talked to us.

Personally, being an old soldier, I'd like to hear a bit more about you and your time in country. I did a bit of the same things you did- although we had way more beach and not near as many trees as you did.

Yeah- you can tell me to go **** myself. Not like I haven't heard it before, dickhead.

Offline ranger75

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 08:51:27 PM »

So... another question. Randy White wrote this and ...

Right?

Hold the phone- Literally.

Well, Thomas, It looks like I owe you a big apology. Randy just called me back. Seems I didn't talk with Randy this morning. It was someone else- his wife (thought the voice sounded high). Randy White does confirm your story. He says you are a ****ing asshole and he doesn't have anything to do you with anymore, but he met you before you all went over to Vietnam and you served in the Company until you left to PSYOPs in early 71. He said Batts did get there in March- after you left.

So- after I explained to you via PM about why we sniff out posers did you suddenly get all shithead asshole on us? All that was going to happen today was me making a few phone calls but them late last night you throw down the gauntlet.

No need to bring all this on, Thomas.

There were a few too many holes in your story and your refusal to even talk about them set off too many flags, Thomas. We have dealt with some real phonies before and they all act the same.

BUT- anyway- I am sorry we had to put you through this. It would have been easier if you had just talked to us.

Personally, being an old soldier, I'd like to hear a bit more about you and your time in country. I did a bit of the same things you did- although we had way more beach and not near as many trees as you did.

Yeah- you can tell me to go **** myself. Not like I haven't heard it before, dickhead.

Go back to the list where you DIDN'T find my name. Go down to the bottom of the page where it says "comments". There is no link and there is no way to contact the page's host. Nor is there an archive of past comments. Doesn't that strike you as odd? Randy stays behind a hundred sandbags attempting to avoid any criticism and comment from his L Company peers, and for good reason. I'm an asshole? Maybe so, but I'm not a world-class asshole like Randy. Mine isn't the only name he's stricken from that list. There are others. The story behind all this is long and sordid, and is something I don't care to elucidate here.

But since you're playing detective in all this, do a little homework on Randy's L Company experience. Isn't it odd that everything he writes has to do with everyone else's experiences? He never writes about himself, and nor have the 20 Lima Company vets with published books. Randy experienced ONE contact then ran like a scalded dog. He spent the rest of his tour as a PX clerk in Phu Bai. What a warrior, huh?   

The Team Kenya mission was my sixth or seventh contact, I don't remember. That was in August, 1970. I was shot full of holes. The team picture you dug up was taken in February, 1971, six months later. Odd? An anomaly? No. I spent 10 weeks in hospital in Okinawa recovering from my wounds, and when I was sufficiently ambulatory, I told them I wanted to go back to the Ranger Company. I had to see two shrinks, a social worker, a colonel, then sign 15 forms, and back to Vietnam I went in November, 1970. You should have seen our CO when I walked in the door. That little shit's jaw hit his desk and his eyes were as big as saucers. He couldn't believe I came back. Nor could most of my peers.

Hazelton had had enough of the bush. After Team Kenya he stayed in the rear, working down in the TOC. Mike Knappen was still in hospital in Japan recovering from a bullet wound. Scheib and Henthorn were dead of course. I called each of their mothers from my hospital bed in Okinawa. Henthorn's mother was very sweet and caring; Scheib's mother was bitter and curt. At any rate, they both told me I was the only person from the company who'd contacted them. Our CO couldn't be bothered sending letters of condolence to the families of our KIAs, of which there were many. He was a self-centered little coward...rather like Randy.

I hated the politics of the rear, so back out to the bush I went. I pulled radio relay missions for the next three months. The photo you dug up was the last mission I pulled. We were on an abandoned firebase in the Roung Roung Valley. We'd been getting probed every night. I suffered a minor wound, an oak leaf cluster for my existing Purple Heart. I was a sergeant by then. I quit the company after that mission and like droves of other Rangers who were quitting the Company, I went down to Phu Bai to look for a job.

I had to compete for the job I wanted: PSYOPS NCOIC. There were 15 of us taking the test. I won the job. It was fascinating work, though it had its dangerous aspect. We had to fly out over the Roung Roung, A Shau, and Ho Chi Mihn Trail every day making propaganda broadcasts and dropping leaflets. We flew at 1200'. Generally the dinks left us alone. They didn't consider us a threat, though we did get shot at a few times. And that's what I did till the end of my second tour. 

I accept your apology. You go a little too far though, my friend. I’m very proud of my Lima Company Ranger legacy, as are all my comrades who shared in so intense an experience.

BTW I have a photo of the Team Kenya bird. They counted over 400 bullet/frag punctures. It appeared in Newsweek in early ’71. I’m not going to post it here (Mack Davis hasn’t posted it at the Condor site either. It’s pretty gruesome.) I’ll e-mail it if you like.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 12:14:24 AM »
Guys, I've seen poser stories, I started USMILNET. This doesn't appear to be one. Can you please sheath your swords? Someone will wind up looking like as fool in the end. It's not worth it this time. This isn't Jesse MacBeth.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 01:05:10 AM »
Guys, I've seen poser stories, I started USMILNET. This doesn't appear to be one. Can you please sheath your swords? Someone will wind up looking like as fool in the end. It's not worth it this time. This isn't Jesse MacBeth.

You late. It's already cleared up.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2014, 01:16:42 AM »
Thomas, I'm a ass-hole. I openly admit it. Got no problems admitting it. When I started researching you it all came up red flags, but if you noticed, I did say the jury was still out.
I am tough because I have found a vet, a real vet, can put up with it and prove himself. Those fake ones wig out and go off the deep end threatening all sorts of shit.
I admit I was in a foul mood when this all started and  I went full press right off the bat. Oh well. You've seen worse.
But, now that you are here I am looking forward to your thoughts on our present situation in the middle east in comparison with Vietnam post 1975. Also you experiences both in combat and after you came home.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:16:51 AM by dutch508 »

Offline ranger75

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 04:26:54 AM »
Thomas, I'm a assailed. I openly admit it. Got no problems admitting it. When I started researching you it all came up red flags, but if you noticed, I did say the jury was still out.
I am tough because I have found a vet, a real vet, can put up with it and prove himself. Those fake ones wig out and go off the deep end threatening all sorts of shit.
I admit I was in a foul mood when this all started and  I went full press right off the bat. Oh well. You've seen worse.
But, now that you are here I am looking forward to your thoughts on our present situation in the middle east in comparison with Vietnam post 1975. Also you experiences both in combat and after you came home.

It takes a man to write a post like this. It takes a man to admit he's wrong.

Offline ranger75

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 05:43:22 AM »
 A few more things I want to clear up, dutch, then I’ll shut the hell up:

*Stop calling me Thomas. My name is Tom.

*You contacted the National Purple Heart what? The who? I've got orders I can post, but anybody can fake those. So I'll restate a previous challenge: I'll bet you $1000 I can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I was awarded two Purple Hearts...and a few other baubles besides. Want to bet?

*I've been a fixture at armyranger.com for more than a decade. Some may not like me a whole lot (yes, I know, that's hard to believe) but they sure as hell know who I am. Stop in some time. We need the traffic.

*Though we haven't communicated for a few years, I still count as a good friend, Kenn Miller. You better know who he is, Ranger. We e-mailed almost daily for 15 years. He and the other 101st LRRP/Ranger historian of note, Gary Lindner, have probably published a dozen books between them. They both know me well. They know everything about me. If you have further questions, contact them instead of idiots like Randy White. That is all.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 07:47:45 AM »

*You contacted the National Purple Heart what? The who? I've got orders I can post, but anybody can fake those. So I'll restate a previous challenge: I'll bet you $1000 I can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I was awarded two Purple Hearts...and a few other baubles besides. Want to bet?

*I've been a fixture at armyranger.com for more than a decade. Some may not like me a whole lot (yes, I know, that's hard to believe) but they sure as hell know who I am. Stop in some time. We need the traffic.

*Though we haven't communicated for a few years, I still count as a good friend, Kenn Miller. You better know who he is, Ranger. We e-mailed almost daily for 15 years. He and the other 101st LRRP/Ranger historian of note, Gary Lindner, have probably published a dozen books between them. They both know me well. They know everything about me. If you have further questions, contact them instead of idiots like Randy White. That is all.

You just don't know when to walk away and graciously let something go do you n00b?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline ranger75

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 08:04:56 AM »
You just don't know when to walk away and graciously let something go do you n00b?

I worked in PSYOPS. It was my job to drive people crazy.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 08:43:50 AM »

nah... I worked psyops too. I think I'll keep calling you Thomas.

Since I already said I was wrong and believed you what's the point of this? Been at the bottle? You seem to get a real tough guy stance about the time the bars close. The site I mentioned is putting together a list of all those who have been awarded various medals. It's easy to find- google Purple Heart Recipients. Although you do say you were wounded five times. The article says seven wounds- but all at once. Was that day the only time you were hit? What happened the other time?
Oh- you can fake anything now-days. The devil is in the details, though. Little things that don't quite make sense. A few are understandable but then you start to uncover more and the bullshit radar starts pinging and pretty soon, "POOF" you've uncovered another lying piece of shit poser.

That's ok. I retired and left that entire life behind me for the most part. You probably know a few of the people I know too. I just don't drop names to prove how manly I am. I've found that most of the people on any of those sites have more to prove to themselves than to anyone else.
"Hi, I'm Steve! I was Force Recon Special Ops Diver from 19-odd-6 to whatever. I'm a MAN!"
No thanks.

I met Kenn at an airsoft game once. Nice guy. He sometimes goes down to the Best Ranger Comp at Benning. I thought his books were pretty good. But then again, I have met Paul a few times too. I used to talk to COl McKight quite a bit. Oh- I know you'd know my uncle... but I don't make a habit of dropping names, Thomas. Put your dick back in your pants.

Like I said, I don't have much to do with that part of my life anymore. I still keep in contact with a few people but mostly not. I don't belong to any military forums. I don't belong to any of the veteran groups. I am happy just to forget about that 28 years, 10 months and 4 days. I have my stuff up in my office in my home and sometimes I look at it and the only thing I feel is sadness.

One thing that will bring me to the fight is liars and posers. Other than that I don't go around thumping my chest living out past 'glories'. Yeah, I did a lot of things in my time in service. I did more than most, I suppose. I was never satisfied with my career and always pushed myself to do more. In the end it cost me my health, my family, and everything I had spent my time working for.

You mentioned to me before that you thought Iraq was a complete waste of time. I happen to agree, although maybe for not the same reasons you do. I feel Afghanistan is going the same way. AND- just to piss off the DUmpmonkiez, I think it's all MIHOP.

I also believe the current state of this country, economic and otherwise is all MIHOP by this administration and the left. They are driving the country down systematically as they WANT the country taken down in the world pecking order. They truly believe that we are the worst enemy. Rather than a shining light in the world for hope they see us as the root of all darkness.

They are wrong. Totally wrong. What really brings me down is the fact I know what the only real solution is.

BUT- enough about me, Thomas.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2014, 11:17:17 AM »
You mentioned to me before that you thought Iraq was a complete waste of time.

I'd love to hear Thomas' Libtard talking points on this one.  :popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2014, 11:18:41 AM »
I worked in PSYOPS. It was my job to drive people crazy.

I hope that was sarcasm Thomas...because that's not the job of PsyOps.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 06:01:11 PM »
Tell me something Thomas, does it make you feel good to come on to a new website and brag about what a hero you are?  I don't know whether you are a poser or not but, if not, you certainly embellish your record to impress the rubes.  You are the guy at the reunion who ends up sitting at the table alone with his wife after everyone drifts away, sick of listening to him.

Personally, you have the stink of poser to me.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2014, 06:23:08 PM »
You are the guy at the reunion who ends up sitting at the table alone with his wife after everyone drifts away, sick of listening to him.

Personally, you have the stink of poser to me.

Naw... he's just an asshole is all.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2014, 06:31:16 PM »
Naw... he's just an asshole is all.

I know several who were there and are still posers (see Kerry, John).

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2014, 02:22:00 AM »
Thomas, I'm a ass-hole. I openly admit it. Got no problems admitting it. When I started researching you it all came up red flags, but if you noticed, I did say the jury was still out.
But, now that you are here I am looking forward to your thoughts on our present situation in the middle east in comparison with Vietnam post 1975. Also you experiences both in combat and after you came home.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           As long as your not a Balding Salt & pepper ponytail 2 time Obama voter who thinks Unions are the greatest thing since sliced bread and you think Oathkeepers/Militia have a place in American Society then your not an ass-hole

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2014, 04:18:57 AM »
This thread was trying to get some rest.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2014, 04:31:32 AM »
"the actual unemployment rate of those not working at a sky-high 37.2 percent"

I'd say the actual unemployment rate of those not working would be 100%, yes? Anyway, that 37.2% figure is probably based on some real creative accounting methods. There's no need to cook the books. The actual unemployment rate here in Southern Colorado is close to 18%. Isn't that bad enough? The democrats won't be happy until the entire country looks like Detroit and the average American subsists on a thousand calories a day.

You aren't familiar with how employment is calculated, are you?

I assume you are 17 or 18 so we will be kind and help you out of your ignorance.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2014, 04:53:47 AM »
Silly me -- I posted about the content.

I understand the rancor that surrounds stolen valor (witness the recent viral video of the guy who WAS stealing valor and pretending).

Thomas, Tom, Thom, whatever you prefer -- you should be proud of your service and a little bit of better shine that the best damn soldiers that ever served who are here did a lot of due diligence.  Not a small investment of time and effort.

I assume you join all of us (no I didn't serve but I respect all of you who did) in despising stolen valorites (or whatever).  When they ask for my ID when I use a credit card I thank the checker.

Forensically, I am about to perform the one thing one should never do -- ERASE  all the prior statements by using terms such as "but," "however," "that being said" and the like...

But, that being however said.

YOU A FREAKING IDIOT!!!  If you don't understand how employment numbers are calculated and manipulated then it is a wonder you made it this far in life!!!  USE YOUR BRAIN, MAN!  This is the worst employment scenario since the dustbowl of 1929!! 

Learn some math and then get back to us...
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.