Author Topic: What's the BEST Income Tax Plan?  (Read 20520 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: What's the BEST Income Tax Plan?
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 08:13:49 PM »
You know, those articles you're posting are copyrighted.  I'm sure the people who put their effort into writing them would appreciate if you did not copy them wholesale to make your point.  Copyright lawyers can be a pain in the ass.

We'll send you the bill.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 09:47:36 PM »
When they start paying income taxes, get back with me, shortbus. NO one should be paying a higher percentage than their fellow countrymen. I'm not a Communist. Perhaps you are.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 09:56:24 PM »
There should be no tax on government checks. All it does is decrease efficiency by adding a layer of bureaucracy. Just make the payment lower by the amount of tax you were going to take out of it. As for the rest of the taxes, make them proportional to voting. I don't care what metric, it will eventually balance out in a free market of voting. Every dollar of taxes paid gets you 1 vote. No taxes, no vote.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 10:01:59 PM »
There should be no federal government check period, except those that come from employment with the federal government. I'll make an exception with the prebate should the Fairtax pass. However, in a perfect republic, the Fed should be funded by the states, not the people directly. Call me old-fashioned, like REALLY old-fashioned.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline indago

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 11:02:05 PM »
When they start paying income taxes, get back with me, shortbus.

"The income tax is, therefore, not a tax on income as such. It is an excise tax with respect to certain activities and privileges which is measured by reference to the income which they produce. The income is not the subject of the tax: it is the basis for determining the amount of tax." — Congressional Record - House, March 27, 1943 Page 2580

"This method lays the burdens on those possessing the ability to pay, and compels those who reap the largest harvests under the sunshine of our generous institutions to give more of that harvest for the common good. ...an income tax will not touch a hair upon the head of a laboring man in the United States" — Congressman T. J. Hudson Congressional Record 15 January 1894

"An income tax places burdens upon accumulated wealth, where they can be most easily borne. It is right, because it exacts tribute of accumulation and not of endeavor. ...The artisan who goes forth to labor for his daily bread must pay upon the tools he works with; the brickmason upon his trowel, the carpenter upon his chisel and plane, the wood-chopper upon his ax, the miner upon his pick, and so on through all the list of wage-earners, yet none escape taxes upon what they eat and wear." — Congressman Fithian Congressional Record 24 January 1894

"The view taken by the Congress which passed the tax law in question is plain on its face. The object was to redress in some degree the flagrant inequality by which the great mass of the people were made to furnish nearly all the revenue, and leave the very wealthy classes to furnish very little of it in comparison with their means. Of course, nothing, therefore, was to be taken from the wages of labor" — Attorney James C. Carter - Pollock v Farmers Loan & Trust 157 US 429, 517 (1895)

The federal "income tax" was legislated to lighten the burden of taxation on the working man, and place the tax upon those who are more able to pay, but there are those who argue vehemently that they want to pay that tax too. You're not one of those, are you?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2012, 11:14:10 PM »
No, I'm not one of those Communist bastards so influenced by the Communist movement that started here soon after the Bolshevik Revolution that plagues us to this day, you Marxist ****. All those founders that created this nation of greatness and prosperity? Yeah, I prefer to be one of those.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »
If a few of "those" you mentioned happened to be Republican, I could give two shits about a party as many here can tell you.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2012, 11:20:45 PM »
One more thing for our new little Marxist, McCarthy was vindicated by the Venona Papers and the "Communist Goals of 1963" entered into congressional record. More than HALF of that shit has come into play.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2012, 11:29:52 PM »
What's funny is, today marked history, in the stock world. It showed that anyone with moderate means could become a billionaire here. Honestly, I think a lot of these Occupy retarded chimps out there should be committing suicide since its their own laziness preventing them from getting a job or finding something they can do on their own to make money. ****ing illegal Mexicans come here and make good livings. These little insignificant chimps can't? If "liberal" was a race, I'd consider it an inferior race, because that's what it would be.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 11:37:47 PM »

"The income tax is, therefore, not a tax on income as such. It is an excise tax with respect to certain activities and privileges which is measured by reference to the income which they produce. The income is not the subject of the tax: it is the basis for determining the amount of tax." — Congressional Record - House, March 27, 1943 Page 2580

"This method lays the burdens on those possessing the ability to pay, and compels those who reap the largest harvests under the sunshine of our generous institutions to give more of that harvest for the common good. ...an income tax will not touch a hair upon the head of a laboring man in the United States" — Congressman T. J. Hudson Congressional Record 15 January 1894

"An income tax places burdens upon accumulated wealth, where they can be most easily borne. It is right, because it exacts tribute of accumulation and not of endeavor. ...The artisan who goes forth to labor for his daily bread must pay upon the tools he works with; the brickmason upon his trowel, the carpenter upon his chisel and plane, the wood-chopper upon his ax, the miner upon his pick, and so on through all the list of wage-earners, yet none escape taxes upon what they eat and wear." — Congressman Fithian Congressional Record 24 January 1894

"The view taken by the Congress which passed the tax law in question is plain on its face. The object was to redress in some degree the flagrant inequality by which the great mass of the people were made to furnish nearly all the revenue, and leave the very wealthy classes to furnish very little of it in comparison with their means. Of course, nothing, therefore, was to be taken from the wages of labor" — Attorney James C. Carter - Pollock v Farmers Loan & Trust 157 US 429, 517 (1895)

The federal "income tax" was legislated to lighten the burden of taxation on the working man, and place the tax upon those who are more able to pay, but there are those who argue vehemently that they want to pay that tax too. You're not one of those, are you?

Who are you, what are you talking about, and why haven't you introduced yourself ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline indago

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2012, 02:19:20 AM »
Who are you, what are you talking about, and why haven't you introduced yourself ?

What do you mean "Who are you"?  I'm indago, and I'm responding to some of the posts I found here.

Offline indago

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2012, 06:27:53 AM »
you Marxist ****

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »
How do you arrive at that conclusion?

It's how I view anyone pimping a progressive tax structure. You probably agree with the Dems planned EX-Patriot act as well, don't you? I understand if you're not able to see that you've been indoctrinated into Marxist thinking, I really do. That's the intent of conditioning. It works well on those in society that hold security above liberty and freedom, namely women and liberal men. Now, when I say liberal, I'm referring to neo-liberalism, not classical liberalism which I identify myself as.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2012, 12:55:29 PM »
What do you mean "Who are you"?  I'm indago, and I'm responding to some of the posts I found here.
Until you formally introduce yourself to the forum, no one has any idea who "indago" is. All we can go by is tripe you post like "you're not one of those, are you"?
You should introduce yourself.

Offline indago

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2012, 05:43:24 PM »
It's how I view anyone pimping a progressive tax structure.

So, point out just where it is that I am "pimping a progressive tax structure."

Offline indago

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2012, 05:46:22 PM »
Until you formally introduce yourself to the forum, no one has any idea who "indago" is. All we can go by is tripe you post like "you're not one of those, are you"?

That may be "tripe" to you, but the query was not directed to you.

You should introduce yourself.

I already have, in a few threads.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »
So, point out just where it is that I am "pimping a progressive tax structure."

Check out post #30, Corky.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »
Everyone does pay something.  You can't live in this country and not pay taxes.

And yet 49.5 percent of Americans have no net tax burden, or a negative one.

Thanks for enlightening us, noob.  Come back when you can't stay so long.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »

Great, using 120 year old quote before the income tax was even enacted to prove your point.

And exactly how's that "lighten the burden of taxation on the working man" bullshit going?  From my perspective, it ****ing SUCKS.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2012, 10:21:07 PM »
Great, using 120 year old quote before the income tax was even enacted to prove your point.

And exactly how's that "lighten the burden of taxation on the working man" bullshit going?  From my perspective, it ****ing SUCKS.
I think he's gone NHSparky, but not missed.

Offline indago

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2012, 12:01:58 AM »
Check out post #30, Corky.

You had ejaculated: "When they start paying income taxes, get back with me, shortbus."

I, then, recalling our historical documents, explained why the "income tax" was enabled, and added: "The federal "income tax" was legislated to lighten the burden of taxation on the working man, and place the tax upon those who are more able to pay, but there are those who argue vehemently that they want to pay that tax too. You're not one of those, are you?"

So, let me explain what I see here:  Although the populace is burdened with the many excise taxes on goods and services, and the "income tax" was enabled to lighten the burden of taxation on working folks, you want them to pay this added tax.  And YOU call ME a "Marxist ****".  Explaining the enabling of the tax was certainly not "pimping a progressive tax structure."

NHSparky writes: "Great, using 120 year old quote before the income tax was even enacted to prove your point."

Yes!  In order to see what the "income tax" is, and why it was enabled, historical documents have to be examined.

It must be DUMSHIT week here on this message board.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:06:00 AM by indago »

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2012, 12:06:58 AM »
The income tax, despite any claim that it would reduce the tax burden on the middle class, didn't.

Offline indago

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2012, 12:56:57 AM »
The income tax, despite any claim that it would reduce the tax burden on the middle class, didn't.

So, whose fault is that?  I have already noted: "there are those who argue vehemently that they want to pay that tax too."  The toady class just can't help themselves; it is their nature.

Government was never granted the power to lay a direct upon the inhabitants of the States.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2012, 02:29:35 AM »
So, whose fault is that?  I have already noted: "there are those who argue vehemently that they want to pay that tax too."  The toady class just can't help themselves; it is their nature.

Government was never granted the power to lay a direct upon the inhabitants of the States.
It is mostly the fault of lib/dem/socialists, and somewhat the fault of weak spined GOPers. Who do you mean by the "toady" class. Not many people "want" to pay taxes, but at some level it's a necessary evil.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2012, 09:07:07 AM »

And there's a pretty good ****ing reason why it wasn't, and why the 16th Amendment is probably the beginning of the downfall of freedom in this country.

Pray tell, who was President then?  Thanks very much, have a nice day.