Author Topic: MLK day bouncy  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
MLK day bouncy
« on: January 21, 2008, 05:47:59 PM »
panader0  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Jan-21-08 06:31 PM
Original message
My MLK day experience

I work construction, and I can't speak for all construction workers, but most of the ones I know are not very liberal, well read, or open-minded. When the subject came up that it was MLK day, one of the guys, and a friend too, made the "******" remark. I told him what a idiot he was to talk that way, and that my belief is that prejudice=ignorance. He asked me if I would let my daughter marry a "******". I said, my daughter will have my blessing if she marries a good man, regardless of race. He was astounded, as if I had broken some kind of white supremecy code. This guy lost custody of his kids due to drug use (meth) and I explained to him that I believed what MLK said when he spoke of judging a man by what's inside and not by their skin color. I didn't let it get too ugly, but I let him know that first of all, my daughter will marry the man she loves. My criteria are that he loves her, is smart and has ambition. It surprises me that in this day, there are still so many people with such extreme prejudice.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2736325

:whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: MLK day bouncy
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 06:40:57 PM »
Two bongs. No conversion.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 06:42:46 PM »
I dunno.

The pandemonium primitive needs to work on making his literary creations more credible.

I'd give it a limp bong.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:59:14 PM »
I dunno.

The pandemonium primitive needs to work on making his literary creations more credible.

I'd give it a limp bong.

My bong turtled. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »
I dunno.

I'd give it a limp bong.

My bong turtled. 
And my turtle bonged!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 08:57:42 PM »
panader0  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Jan-21-08 06:31 PM
Original message
My MLK day experience

I work construction, and I can't speak for all construction workers, but most of the ones I know are not very liberal, well read, or open-minded. When the subject came up that it was MLK day, one of the guys, and a friend too, made the "******" remark. I told him what a idiot he was to talk that way, and that my belief is that prejudice=ignorance. He asked me if I would let my daughter marry a "******". I said, my daughter will have my blessing if she marries a good man, regardless of race. He was astounded, as if I had broken some kind of white supremecy code. This guy lost custody of his kids due to drug use (meth) and I explained to him that I believed what MLK said when he spoke of judging a man by what's inside and not by their skin color. I didn't let it get too ugly, but I let him know that first of all, my daughter will marry the man she loves. My criteria are that he loves her, is smart and has ambition. It surprises me that in this day, there are still so many people with such extreme prejudice.

You know, my cousin works construction and says most of the guys he works with are pretty cool, except this one arrogant prick who thinks he's everyone's best friend though most the guys only tolerate him. Anyway, he called me when he got home from work...I was so flabbergasted by what he told me I remember the whole story word for word, as if I was there myself.

Anyway, my cousin was saying how great it must be to work for the government or be in school since they got the day off...though it does kind of go against what MLK was trying to promote...he said, "you'd think he'd rather have kids in school learning so they could better themselves...part of that whole "I have a dream" thing". Next thing you know, this whiny little jerk just comes unglued, saying my cousin was a racist for thinking MLK's birthday was just a normal day. You'd think he said the "n" word or something.

Then this little turd asked whether my cousin would let his daughter marry a black guy, to which my cousin says, "I don't have a daughter, just sons." You'd think that would be the end of it, but then the lunatic says, "oh, so you're a homophobe too!" My cousin just shook his head and walked away before he got really pissed and threw DUmmie off the roof.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 09:09:53 PM »
panader0  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Jan-21-08 06:31 PM
Original message
My MLK day experience

You know, my cousin works construction and says most of the guys he works with are pretty cool, except this one arrogant prick who thinks he's everyone's best friend though most the guys only tolerate him. Anyway, he called me when he got home from work...I was so flabbergasted by what he told me I remember the whole story word for word, as if I was there myself.

Anyway, my cousin was saying how great it must be to work for the government or be in school since they got the day off...though it does kind of go against what MLK was trying to promote...he said, "you'd think he'd rather have kids in school learning so they could better themselves...part of that whole "I have a dream" thing". Next thing you know, this whiny little jerk just comes unglued, saying my cousin was a racist for thinking MLK's birthday was just a normal day. You'd think he said the "n" word or something.

Then this little turd asked whether my cousin would let his daughter marry a black guy, to which my cousin says, "I don't have a daughter, just sons." You'd think that would be the end of it, but then the lunatic says, "oh, so you're a homophobe too!" My cousin just shook his head and walked away before he got really pissed and threw DUmmie off the roof.

Cindie

Gosh I missed you.  :-*