Author Topic: Geithner asks Congress for higher U.S. debt limit  (Read 1719 times)

Offline thundley4

Geithner asks Congress for higher U.S. debt limit
« on: August 07, 2009, 08:19:19 PM »
6 mins ago
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner formally requested that Congress raise the $12.1 trillion statutory debt limit on Friday, saying that it could be breached as early as mid-October.
"It is critically important that Congress act before the limit is reached so that citizens and investors here and around the world can remain confident that the United States will always meet its obligations," Geithner said in a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid that was obtained by Reuters.
We Are So Screwed

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Geithner asks Congress for higher U.S. debt limit
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 08:23:43 PM »
We Are So Screwed

Couple this with the Weimarian trick of monetizing the debt that the Fed pulled last week, and "we are so screwed" doesn't even begin to cover it. 

We just ran out of K-Y, and the drug store's all out of Vaseline.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »
I remember liberals going apeshit when Paulson asked to do this a few years ago.  I guess its all okey-dokey now.

Yeah, we're ****ed.  But everyone will have ponies and rainbows!
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 06:28:47 AM »
I remember liberals going apeshit when Paulson asked to do this a few years ago.  I guess its all okey-dokey now.

Yeah, we're ****ed.  But everyone will have ponies and rainbows!

At least we can eat the ponies.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 09:59:17 AM »

Maybe taxcut tim should follow the GD rainbow to the pot of gold... especially the ones that seem to be  going out to sea.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 09:51:42 PM »

They're already starting. Have ya seen the story about 14 horses that have been butchered in the last few weeks in Florida? Apparently horse meat is selling for $40 a frikkin' pound, so they're actually killin' people's horses out in the pasture! They're likely to get more than they bargained for though! Florida horse owners are arming themselves in order to protect their "family" members!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 09:59:02 PM »
They're already starting. Have ya seen the story about 14 horses that have been butchered in the last few weeks in Florida? Apparently horse meat is selling for $40 a frikkin' pound, so they're actually killin' people's horses out in the pasture! They're likely to get more than they bargained for though! Florida horse owners are arming themselves in order to protect their "family" members!

I saw on Fox News that they can use deadly force, but first must give warning if it's only "property" in danger.  That didn't sound right to me, but maybe I misheard.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 10:04:14 PM »
That's nothing... DUmmies are paying $27 per pound for the privilege of having horse shit mailed to their home.  Dumbasses.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 11:42:16 PM »
That's nothing... DUmmies are paying $27 per pound for the privilege of having horse shit mailed to their home.  Dumbasses.

Haven't seen that one! What the hell is that about?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!