Author Topic: Everyone with a Parler account should be pissing their pants right... about... N  (Read 844 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member NurseJackie (36,646 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214938802

Everyone with a Parler account should be pissing their pants right... about... NOW!

https://www.businessinsider.com/parler-shared-information-fbi-capitol-riot-suspect-2021-1

• Parler is sharing information with the FBI on federal investigations into the Capitol riot.

• An FBI affidavit shows that Parler gave information that helped FBI agents identify and locate a Proud Boys supporter arrested on suspicion of making threats on Parler.

• Tech companies typically help law-enforcement agencies with these types of requests. But the cooperation could have unusually significant consequences for Parler users who organized violence at the Capitol on January 6.

Parler is sharing information with the FBI for the Department of Justice's investigations into the riot at the US Capitol.

An affidavit from an FBI special agent filed in court Tuesday says Eduardo Florea stockpiled more than 1,000 rounds of ammo and threatened to kill Sen.-elect Raphael Warnock of Georgia.

The affidavit says the FBI received records from Parler to identify the user behind the account "LoneWolfWar," where the threats originated. Parler provided the phone number associated with the account, the affidavit says, and the FBI used it, and info from T-Mobile, to identify Florea.

:yawn:

Star Member Chin music (9,486 posts)

2. We are forgetting a big thing...

The F.B.I, while honorable and stalwart in years past, [ :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:]  has been under some rancid Directors...namely Barr. Are we putting too much faith in them now? Remember trmp said Strozk etc couldn't effectively be D's and Agents at the same time bc bc they talked about his awfulness wayyy back then. Has the Bureau been gutted too and are slow walking us to an inevitable end? I sure hope not.
Where's the Mueller Report?

:whatever:

Star Member calguy (2,887 posts)

8. While it has for sure been under attack these past four years

I would think the vast majority of the career rank and file are still there. They've seen what has happened and have been "hunkering down", so to speak, protecting themselves and their careers against the trump assault. Now that trump is almost gone, they are free to launch a counter attack. Fueled by four years of rage built up as trump tried to destroy the Department they love, they will be more motivated than ever before.
I'm also thinking that as investigators, they've seen a lot of questionable activities by trump's appointees, and instead of speaking up, they've been taking notes and taking names. A lot of heavy shit my be about to hit the fan.
One can only hope.

:censored:

Loki Liesmith (4,277 posts)

5. Is far right politics a growing thing with some Latino men?

:thatsright:

Iliyah (24,642 posts)

7. Is it that the RWers had . . .

assurance from top justice officials along with republican congress as well as social media that their hatred and planned violence against the USA would not become known? That their identities would not be exposed?

I am mean look at the republican congress giving a tour of the Capitol Building a day before the terrorist attack. Look at republican senate and house trying to overturn the election constantly spewing outright lies. I wonder did they believe that the coup would work?

This is beyond logic.

:bird:

apnu (8,233 posts)

9. It is not clear that Parler is cooperating with the Feds

From the article:
“ It's not clear whether Parler handed over the account information to the FBI after the Department of Justice issued a warrant or subpoena for it or whether the company gave the information over of its own accord.

Also their hosting provider, Amazon could be, and by many media accounts is, assisting. Additionally there are the reports of white hat hackers archiving all of Parler just before it was shut down by Amazon.

The FBI, of course, is not going to say, at this time, the source of the evidence it is acting on.

:thatsright:

Star Member JustABozoOnThisBus (20,463 posts)

11. I was THIS CLOSE to getting a Parler account.

Just to see if it was anything like JackPine Radicals' site.

But, it seemed they wanted too much real info about me. So I backed away, slowly.

:whatever:

Star Member George II (59,769 posts)

18. Who knows, maybe Parler was an FBI operation to keep track of right wing conspirators?

Who is stupid enough to sign up on a website and give them their social security number and personal information?

:stoner:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I had a Parler account.

Way too Qanonsense for my taste, and it was horrible to use on a technical level. Nothing approaching criminal - at least until dissent becomes criminal ex post facto.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Delmar

I have a Parler account.  I just checked my pants--bone dry. 

Mark Levin is there, Sharyl Attkisson, Dinesh D'Souza, Dan Bongino, I heard Rush might be going there too. 

10 serious crimes that were published on Facebook
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/national/10-serious-crimes-that-were-published-on-facebook
Are Facebook users pissing their pants?
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I have/had a Parler account. I didn’t like the format so visited very infrequently, but I am not worried about the FBI coming to visit me.

I also don’t recall giving anyone my social security number to sign up. They make up the most unbelievable bullshit trying to prove conservatives are intellectually inferior and it makes them look even dumber than they actually are.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

This drivel coming from the inhabitants of a site that has made threats against politicians they don't like...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline zeitgeist

I ran across this link Monday at the DUmp.   They were all agog about the great job someone had done hacking Parler.   It is good for a quick laugh if you are bored, not much else. 

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142666842

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
LOL!!  Thanks for that link!!

LovingA2andMI
12. Karma....
Is a Real Bitch. This is a GOLDMINE of information on every single Parler user since they were required to upload their Driver's Licenses and SSN to join the Right Wing Site in the First Place.

The Internet Gods are Smile Wide Today!!!

Monday
Star Member EarthFirst
14. Wait. What?
Their Driver’s License and SSN?

I cannot believe the “big tech/data” activists willingly provided this information in order to join...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

First, this is not a thing but they’ll willingly believe it.

Second, if these idiots don’t think their information is out there, they’re dumber than I ever imagined. Someone filed for unemployment in my name about 6 weeks ago. They used my full name, date of birth, and SS# and I do everything I can to protect that information.

Found an article a couple weeks ago about how this is done. My information was likely bought for $2.00.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Karin

Star Member JustABozoOnThisBus (20,463 posts)

11. I was THIS CLOSE to getting a Parler account.

Just to see if it was anything like JackPine Radicals' site.

But, it seemed they wanted too much real info about me. So I backed away, slowly.

It's nothing like JPR, you idiot, it's like twitter.  I created an account there, and they didn't ask any real info about me at all.  I found it a little repetitious in content. 

Offline SVPete

Not on Twit or Parler, but this sharing of info was probably on the order of a thousand people. I'm sure that's a very small % of Parler users. And the skulduggery Star Moron NurseJackie fantasizes went on only happened in her fantasies.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

Another classy NurseJackie thread. Don't worry, I'm not spamming, one more at most. Just some fond memories against the possibility that NurseJackie has moved on. Is she a Jackpiney perchance?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.