Interests > Living Off of the Grid & Survivalism

Forever foods: 9 cooking staples that can outlast you

(1/7) > >>

Chris_:

--- Quote ---Forever foods: 9 cooking staples that can outlast you

Most weeks, you make a big grocery list and head to the store, prepared to buy loads of fresh food to make your family's meals. We often don't give a thought to stuff sitting in the kitchen cupboard or we automatically throw out anything that's been in there longer than we can remember.

But Janice Revell, co-founder of StillTasty.com, says "Look in your pantry and your cabinets and check whether the items really do need to go. You'll be shocked by what you really don't need to throw away."

So before you throw out that years-old sugar or replace that bottle of vanilla that's been gathering dust, consult this list of "forever foods." You may be surprised how many of your kitchen staples have a shelf life of decades — even after they've been opened.
--- End quote ---
Yahoo

This is the site referenced in the article: Still Tasty

Boudicca:
Chris, not only can Twinkies and PopTarts survive indefinitely, it's my belief they, along with cockroaches, would be the sole survivors of a nuclear holocaust.

BlueStateSaint:

--- Quote from: chris_ on March 02, 2011, 06:43:36 PM ---Yahoo

This is the site referenced in the article: Still Tasty

--- End quote ---

When the article first came out, I printed it and added it to the "Survival/SHTF Binder" that I keep.

DumbAss Tanker:

--- Quote from: Boudicca on March 02, 2011, 07:00:23 PM ---Chris, not only can Twinkies and PopTarts survive indefinitely, it's my belief they, along with cockroaches, would be the sole survivors of a nuclear holocaust.

--- End quote ---

Even better, the PopTarts would be warm!

:-)

Celtic Rose:
So when the world collapses, we can live on rice, sugar and vinegar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version