Interests > Living Off of the Grid & Survivalism

Danner Boots

(1/1)

Odin's Hand:
Anyone have/had any? They are some high dollar MFers, but I was wondering if they are worth the money.

Thor:
I have a pair. Are they worth the money?? You'd probably be better off with a pair of Red Wings.... I got mine at a clearance place up in MN.  I paid $90 for a $190 pair. They're worth the $90.

Odin's Hand:

--- Quote from: Thor on November 30, 2010, 09:18:42 PM ---I have a pair. Are they worth the money?? You'd probably be better off with a pair of Red Wings.... I got mine at a clearance place up in MN.  I paid $90 for a $190 pair. They're worth the $90.

--- End quote ---

I have some work boots from Red Wing that are nice, but, they are worn. I have several pairs of Rocky DeerStalkers, and while they keep the feet warm, they aren't great for long-distance walking.

LC EFA:
My hiking boots are by Merrell - without a doubt the most comfortable (and expensive) I've ever worn. My only complaint is that they're not "hard wearing" enough. I've had em less than 2 years and have blown out the sole in places hiking over steep scree slopes.

I have a pair of Colorado black leather boots that aren't as comfortable but cost less than half and are much harder wearing. My second pair of same - the first i wore every day for nearly 10 years.

Then I have a pair of Blundstone steel cap work-boots - not comfortable - not expensive but do their job admirably.

Wineslob:
I used to get Lowa's, Vasque's ect.. Like LC I shredded them. I ran across an old name in, of all places, Walmart. Herman Survivors. They were 40 bucks, all leather, waterproof, steel toed, and had a high top. I have yet to trash them. Damn fine boot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version